Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-14, 11:58 PM  
Vantreesta

I bounced for 10 min this morning while I watched TV. I was afraid I might get bored but it was kind of fun and actually did help me wake up some. I have sleep inertia and can sometimes take close to an hour to be fully awake. Maybe this and my light box will be my best morning buds! This was the first time I've used my UR. I used to have a cheapie from Walmart, and while I know the UR is not the Cadillac, it is definitely better than what I had! The jump mat feels so much better, and it was a lot quieter without all the squeaking of my old one.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-14, 12:03 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaeLaVie View Post

Rebounding is a GREAT workout - it actives every muscle, moves that lymph and tones your legs and abs. The one thing to keep in mind with doing it as frequently as I do, is to MAKE SURE that you are also doing pelvic floor exercises and keeping them strong. As we age, those muscles lose elasticity and the up and down motion can lead to prolapse. Make sure abs are in tight while jumping.
If you don't mind my asking, are there pelvic floor exercises other than Kegels? I've never had to worry about it and figured it wouldn't be a problem since I'm not having kids, but I guess that's not really an assurance that I'll never have issues, is it? Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 09:30 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaeLaVie View Post
Last Fall, I was in a slump and nothing enthused me except the rebounder. At that point, I decided it was non negotiable that I get in 10K every single day. I would then bump that goal to 11K, then 12K a day and so on.
How long does 10/11/12K take on the rebounder? I normally do anywhere from 20-40 minutes.
Thanks.
Old 09-28-14, 11:07 AM  
mercedes

Those who have the Bellicon, what size do you have? Are the bigger sizes so much better?
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 01:16 PM  
BunnyHop

I have the smallest Bellicon, to fit in my available workout space, with screw on legs. It's also small enough to fit in my car, should we ever, god forbid, need to evacuate for a storm.

I'd prefer to have a larger mat, but am learning to make use of the one I have.

For me, bouncing along as I listen to music on my mp3 player is the best way to go. I can fit the tempo to my mood and energy level.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 02:10 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes View Post
Those who have the Bellicon, what size do you have? Are the bigger sizes so much better?
I have the 49". I don't know what a smaller one would actually be like, but I am tall with long legs. 5'8 1/2" - 5"9", so I feel like I need the extra inches. I love it

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 02:48 PM  
mercedes

mmm...food for thought.... this is definitely in my wish list.

Where is the best place to purchase it from? bellicon.com. Is it available anywhere else? do they ever run specials?

Also, how do people use it to see the cellulite benefit? with shoes or barefeet? or does it not matter?

tia
Old 09-28-14, 03:03 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Is it available anywhere else?
Throughout Europe:

http://www.bellicon.com/en/partners/...alers/germany/
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 03:13 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
I love my medium sized Bellicon and can do everything I want on it and still move it around easily to fit in various places around my home. I've been known to jump in three different rooms. I don't have a separate workout room anymore so 49" was out of the question for me. Look at the space you have. Just as important is trying the right cord strength(s).

ETA: It's still on sale ($130 off) at http://www.bellicon-usa.com.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 03:29 PM  
mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
ETA: It's still on sale ($130 off) at http://www.bellicon-usa.com.
$499 is the discounted price? classic / 39"
I thought that was the regular price.

Tags
prolapse, rebounder friendly, rebounding, successful weight loss