Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-10-14, 08:34 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I like it, also. But, I was expecting it to be more intense, more choreographed, with much better music.

Chalene is terrific though (cues well), great positive energy. The modifier is great (and you can always see her, even from the side.) Good camera work, and nice set.

I have done all the workouts in the basic set. I also purchased the strength workouts that use the gliders, and will try one of those today.

Favorites of the bunch so far....drench, sweat, buns, hardcore on the floor, and core. Definitely, upper and lower body define are the easiest of the bunch. Intervals has some cardio.

The lunges and squats are slow, so you can focus on alignment. The pushups are even done at a controlled pace, as is the plank/core work.

I don't plan to use these workouts by themselves, but will probably add them in a few times a week to other things I'm already doing.

I was a bit disappointed because my expectations were so high, but I'm over that now (having done each of the workouts.)

My collection doesn't contain Ballet Body or Horizontal Conditioning, so I think these will get some use and help me develop a stronger core.

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 08:37 AM  
TracyQ

I like them too. I started with the more advanced workouts and liked them all enough that I ordered the additional Strength DVD. I did the Full Body Blast from that one yesterday and also liked it.

Although I can't see myself doing these as a rotation there's definitely room in my collection for a set like this.

I hope you like it Carla. I know that feeling of ordering a set and then reading that what seems like everyone is returning it .

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 08:47 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I'm really liking this set also.

I haven't done all the workouts yet, but my initial plan was to use them as an add-on and it's been working really well for me. Even the intro level workouts didn't feel like a waste of time for me.

What I really like about Piyo is the more controlled moves and the not so frantic pace.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 10:01 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I like the set also. I'm following the rotation as written. The only additional workouts that I will add in is walking. They are intense enough for me at my current fitness level. I'm in the second week so I haven't tried all the discs yet.

I do wish there was better/ louder music and a little more Pilates. However, I excited to see what results I get from the program combined with a better diet.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 10:24 AM  
daisyfit

I really like this set too and think it was a good investment. The upper and lower body dvd workouts are a little easy but the rest are great workouts. At the moment, I'm 5 mths pregnant so I'm following the modifier and leaving out some moves but I can see myself using these workouts when baby arrives. I love the length too, they aren't too long.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 10:39 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just did the Strength DVD (Full Body Blast and Strong Legs.) These both are amazing and the cream of the crop! Really, the best of the bunch!

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
piyo reviews