Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-14, 09:47 AM  
dnna

I am so close to sending my set back. I just cannot get into these workouts. I am a big pilates exerciser- and where is the pilates? I really liked the flow of the short clips I watched but doing these workouts is so tedious to me. I keep trying and "joni-o" the disc. I keep trying at different times of the day to see if it is just fatigue or mood but I guess I just do not like the workouts.
I am going to try next week and see if I can get into it.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 10:07 AM  
edensmom

Mine is going back too. I emailed Mary about it on Thursday and have been going back and forth since then. I liked Drenched but i yanked a couple of the other discs from the player and could NOT get through the workouts. I would rather do something else.

For me, I do yoga almost every day and I am never going to do the yoga-inspired ones in my yoga time. I don't like my yoga to feel so choreographed. It's weird, I like Chalene a lot in these, there is just not enough variety for me. I did like the beast move but that is not unique (Cathe, Jillian, even Jessica Smith use that or a variation). The most exciting thing I saw was wild thing which they called something else. It seemed like they have a certain menu of moves that are served up again and again.

I was too busy this holiday weekend to get them to the post office and I feel a little guilty too for some reason. But my daughter has a dentist appt today and it is like 3 blocks from the p.o. so I guess today is the day. Now I will start seeing tons of reviews how everyone loooooves these. I will need to remember *I* didn't.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 10:45 AM  
txfitmom

I am still on the fence about returning this set. I have only done a few of the workouts and so far not really loving it. It is just not as fun and inspiring as I thought it would be. I also feel like it is just yoga. I thought there would be more of a pilates feel. Anyway, I am going to try all of the workouts and then make a decision. I may just end up trading the set rather than returning.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 10:58 AM  
prettyinpink

There are Pilates rollups. Which is actually my least favorite ab exercise and one I now skip.

It's pretty much power yoga plus lunges, squats, and a little bit of simple cardio moves. I think I like them, but it will wait to do all of them before I decide about selling. They are good as addons, so after trying them all I'll probably save them until I can add them in to something else.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 11:28 AM  
mle777

I'm so happy to see this thread! I'd held off on ordering bc I was going to wait and get it as a b-day present (in September). I tend to prefer similar workouts that most of you sending it back prefer. Now I can use the money for something else (because there's always something else on the list ).

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 11:30 AM  
edensmom

I really think it also depends on what you already have in your collection. I don't hate the workouts but I already have stuff that fills my needs better. For someone else they might be just the thing.
Old 07-07-14, 11:32 AM  
txfitmom

I think the reason I don't like them as much is I am not big into yoga. I am more of a fusion person and these just don't feel like that. There really were not any moves that made me go, that was an interesting move. Although I find Michelle Dozois Body 360 workout much harder at least the music is better and the moves are more innovative.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 01:58 PM  
Coastal Girl

I sold my set. Too many squats, lunges, and tricep push-ups for me (my least favorite exercises). Also the comments about getting legs like "speed skaters" Though I did like Chalene in these.
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 03:18 PM  
edensmom

Well, mine is on it's way back to BB. I hope I don't have any problems getting a refund.
Old 07-07-14, 03:31 PM  
PhyllisG

I sent mine back and hope I have no problems too. I bought the set thru Mary and she said she would keep an eye on it. Hope neither of us has a problem
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, piyo, piyo reviews