Old 06-26-14, 07:20 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

My first workout was Drench as well. I liked it and let me tell you why:
form pointers are good
mirror-cued and cueing is good as well
encouraging phrases thrown in here and there
moves were not so fast
Charlene uses the beat of the music (eg. during the curtsey lunge sequence with some standing oblique ab work) so it was easy to match her
no "yoga" talk if you know what I mean
there is a modifier!
I liked the background music.

I think I will like this set! Is anyone going to follow the workout calendar? I want to get a t-shirt!
ETA: I want the other DVDs too.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 08:01 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I did Sweat today and really liked it. Sabine (Dutchgirl) did a great breakdown. I agree it's a solid intermediate workout that you could go lower or include the burpees with to up the intensity. To me, this seemed like a nice fusion workout similar to an Ellen Barrett "zuped up".

I really liked this workout. I'm thinking I will keep this set.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 08:04 PM  
that_tori_girl

Argh. I somehow missed this thread and posted my thoughts of the set on the other PiYo thread that's up.

TL;DR version of my review -- this is a solid set. I'm getting back into working out after an unintended hiatus and managed to keep up with with only a couple breaks here and there in both the Drenched and Sweat workouts.

It's a keeper for me. I ordered the basic set and I'm thinking I may get the add on DVDs that come with the gliders. (Ooooh! New toys!)
Old 06-26-14, 08:26 PM  
momof10

Drat!!! I posted a long review about 30 minutes ago and it isn't here. I must not have hit Submit. Don't you just hate that? Well, I will give it a go again.

I did a Full Body Blast of the Strength workouts and absolutely loved this one, too. The workout isn't as challenging as HoCo or Mindy's glider workouts which I consider high advanced. This workout was more challenging to me than any of the Cathe glider workouts, though. I would say this workout is high intermediate and maybe a low/low advanced. When I do HoCo, I always want to quit way before she does. LOL. With Chalene, I would just think, "I can't do this anymore" and she would stop. That was just a couple of times during the plank work.

She did the warm up without the gliders. The first section was a standing section that involved squats, back lunges and diagonal lunges that incorporated the core. The next section was plank work, one part with the gliders on our feet and the other part with the gliders on our hands. The next section was laying in our backs with the gliders on our hands which were to the side of the mat. She did slow sit ups and C curve moves like that. She also did what she called snow angels with the gliders. She finished off with hamstring work with the gliders on our feet.

This definitively was a full body workout as the title implies. I think this will be my most used set of Beach Body workouts.

Note to self, hit submit. LOL

Cheryl
Old 06-26-14, 08:32 PM  
Coastal Girl

My quick thought after trying just Drench this afternoon (and no problems with my disk) is that this may be just what I was looking for to combine with TA. I feel like I needed a strength and flexibility component to add to my workout and this may be the thing I'm looking forward to trying the other workouts and thanks to all for your reviews
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 08:37 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I did Sweat today and really liked it. Sabine (Dutchgirl) did a great breakdown. I agree it's a solid intermediate workout that you could go lower or include the burpees with to up the intensity. To me, this seemed like a nice fusion workout similar to an Ellen Barrett "zuped up".

I really liked this workout. I'm thinking I will keep this set.
Hmm, okay now I'm reconsidering...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 09:25 PM  
horusosiris

I too did not start with the Fundamentals workout. I started with the Strong Legs that is part of the Deluxe set yesterday. I did Drench this evening. I pretty much concur with what Debbie has said about Drench. I was surprised that my legs were shaking at one point with Drench. I though it was because I did PiYo Strong Legs yesterday, but after reading Debbie's comments maybe it was just the leg intensity of the Drench workout. I am really enjoying Chalene's attitude and pleasant and encouraging demeanor in the two workouts that I have done. I also love that she mirror cues. (Yoga workouts that do not mirror cue always have me a bit confused)
This one gets two thumbs up from me!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-14, 10:06 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess76 View Post
Do they wear shoes in these? Do they use yoga mats?
In Core they wear shoes too. She says don't if you don't want to.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 06:36 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I did Sweat and Buns on Weds. eve. I liked both. I really liked Buns. My kind of body weight lower body weight. It included some signature Chalene moves: the clock, bowler squats. It was progressive. Last night i did Drench. It was really good too. i liked the lower body segment in that one as well. When woke up this morning, I felt my sides ...a little achy. I have a feeling my booty will be too. I'm not sure about the Hard core on the floor. that doesn't look like me.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 07:10 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hmm, okay now I'm reconsidering...
I'm with ya, LS!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalene johnson, mirror cueing yoga, piyo, piyo reviews