Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Injury Poll: How many wonky body parts do you have?
None! (Knock on wood!) 13 11.50%
1 injured or iffy body part 17 15.04%
2 injured or iffy body parts 38 33.63%
3 injured or iffy body parts 22 19.47%
4+ injured or iffy body parts 23 20.35%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-13, 03:40 PM  
Jane1721

I have a knot in my trapezius muscle from an overuse injury 7 years ago that I think I will always have to be careful around. I'm currently nursing pain from a broken toe and peroneal tendonitis, but I'm hoping those will clear up and my foot/ankle will not turn into a chronic issue.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 03:46 PM  
Mandy

1) Low back..healed bulging disc that aches if I do high impact, deadlifts,squats with weight on shoulders or wear shoes that don't give good support.
2) wonky right knee that swells up if I do step on a 6 inch step for more than 20 min. so I have to use 4 inch step or do circuit step where its just a little while on the step. Firm tall box work makes it swollen too so I have to use a 12 inch or 10 inch step.
3) sensitive right rotator cuff that I injured doing cross body kickbacks. it healed after 2 weeks but still acts up if I do heavier shoulder work.
Old 12-20-13, 04:04 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Why can't I vote? I have at least 4, but I have really loose joints so I'm vulnerable to injury.
Old 12-20-13, 04:15 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Why can't I vote. I have at least 4, but I have really loose joints so I'm vulnerable to injury.
Jane, I think we've had this conversation here before, and maybe you particpated. My memory isn't the best regarding who was posting, but we discussed this very issue. It seems that in some cases, those who are more flexible and have loose joints, are more prone to injury.

I am very inflexible and always have been. By the same token, I am also not very prone to injury. I've always envied those who are so flexible, especially when trying to stretch, but maybe in this case it's a good thing for me.
Old 12-20-13, 04:17 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

1. Weak wrists, prone to Carpal Tunnel syndrome when I overdo certain movements (like dips with my hands facing backwards.. Just learned my lesson again recently!.. :/)
2. Lower back, 'pops' easily out of alignment and presses on a nerve.. (Sciatica) High impact also doesn't fair too well in that matter, no can I do c-curves because of it!
3. Left rotator cuff 'grinds' and pops when I do heavier lifting frequently..
4. Left ankle is 'iffy' ever since a jogging incident where a snake crossed my path and I jumped (scared to death! ) and landed wrong.. Overdoing it on jogging results in swelling quickly ever since..
5. Both knees get 'iffy' if I do too much impact stuff..
6. Neck/nerve gets quickly pinched..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 04:28 PM  
PrairieGem

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and almost started a thread on it myself! I can't remember a day probably since I was a teenager when I haven't dealt with some kind of chronic ache or pain or health issue, whether it be allergies, headaches, RSI from one activity or another, excema, IBS... to more serious injuries through the years. It's just part of what's "normal" for me--and it really has to be seriously debilitating for me to seek treatment for it. When I'm *not* dealing with a particular problem, I am ecstatic about it! (Frex, I've hardly had a headache since I hurt my trapezius last February! )

It does get annoying after a while, though. I can deal with the bursitis and the trapezius thing is hardly noticeable most days anymore... but if I had to pick one thing to magically get better and never bother me again? I would really like the skin on my fingers to stop cracking, please.
Old 12-20-13, 05:24 PM  
firmaniac

...ugh Three. Left shoulder, left hip, right top of foot, oh and one badly thrice-broken big toe that *kills* so I guess that is four. Some of this is prior car accident, some genetics, and some clumsiness

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 05:32 PM  
laurajhawk

I think I have 3. Right wrist, RSI from work several years ago, still weak & prone to ache. Right knee, I think that's probably early arthritis, screams at me in certain yoga poses esp if I'm cold. Left big toe, don't know what I did to it earlier this year, doc says it's probably tendonitis. Hm ... OK, I'm not counting my right elbow because I haven't aggravated it lately, but I'm never doing a conventional curl again (I sub in hammer curls) since CLX curls took it to a bad, bad place.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 06:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

One--shoulders. I have to be careful as so many instructors seem to work the shoulders to death, IMHO. I have a very strongly defined shoulder area, and really don't need to work them so much.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-13, 06:29 PM  
gmac

I can't vote either but I tore my left hamstring about 14 months ago and still feels tight sometimes when I run and I had ACL reconstruction on my left knee about 10 months ago.

Tags
injuries, injury