Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-13, 12:50 AM  
seww

What a stupid comment!
Sue
seww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 04:46 AM  
topfitmama

I've posted asking her to elaborate a bit more.
It puts me off when instructors feel the need to put other instructors and their methods down, too.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 02:04 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
No, the comment was posted on Facebook, not Twitter, as a stand-alone post. She posted the following follow up comment later:

"in my opinion, the way they instruct...exacerbates these issues. "

(issues being constipation, SI, and hip issues)
It came from a tweet if you read the original post it says @ liviwhole. That is her twitter name. I am on twitter and that is exactly what she posted it has been asked why she said that but there is no response as of yet

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 02:56 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
It came from a tweet if you read the original post it says @ liviwhole. That is her twitter name. I am on twitter and that is exactly what she posted it has been asked why she said that but there is no response as of yet
Sorry, but she also has 2 profiles on Facebook and this stand-alone post was posted on 1 of those profiles. There has been discussion on that particular post. The most recent response from her has been: "I will write a blog about it since there have been many questions. stay tuned. and it's not ALL barre workouts. it totally depends on the language and the cueing being used."

Also, since you referenced the original post, it does say the post was on Facebook. It says, "Below I'm quoting Jennifer Galardi today on Facebook." I don't follow Jennifer on Facebook, but from this post, I was able to find the comment in question on one of her profiles (the one which is also associated with livwhole).
Old 02-09-13, 03:05 PM  
topfitmama

I've asked her if she'd make a video to illustrate what she means. It could very well be the tuck she finds so harmful, and maybe she can show a different form for people who have found barre exacerbates these conditions.
There's lots of room for respectful disagreement in the fitness world!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 03:13 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Sorry, but she also has 2 profiles on Facebook and this stand-alone post was posted on 1 of those profiles. There has been discussion on that particular post. The most recent response from her has been: "I will write a blog about it since there have been many questions. stay tuned. and it's not ALL barre workouts. it totally depends on the language and the cueing being used."

Also, since you referenced the original post, it does say the post was on Facebook. It says, "Below I'm quoting Jennifer Galardi today on Facebook." I don't follow Jennifer on Facebook, but from this post, I was able to find the comment in question on one of her profiles (the one which is also associated with livwhole).
yes we are reading the same post. If you look at the bottom where it says. Like Comment the next one is @livwhole on twitter. That means she sent if from her twitter account and posted it to her facebook page.

it's still going to be an interesting read when she blogs about this because a lot of people have said they like barre workouts.

sounds like she is planning on attacking someone's method for sure since she said, not all barre.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 05:26 PM  
Susan

Personally, I don't care where she said it first. I am just saddened that she said it at all.
Old 02-09-13, 05:43 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Personally, I don't care where she said it first. I am just saddened that she said it at all.
Yeah, I've been thinking on this and am pretty dumbfounded by the original statement. It seems pretty mean-spirited. If Jennifer G. was truly concerned about poor alignment and our bowel health ... I'm sure there was a way to do it without singling out Bar Method or any other brand. She could've simply pointed out her opinions on the tuck-in-general....

Whatever... I'm pretty sure I (and other BM fans) will continue on as was...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-13, 05:57 PM  
zippity

I am extremely interested in what she has to say; which I suppose was her intention with the remark.
Old 02-09-13, 05:58 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Whatever... I'm pretty sure I (and other BM fans) will continue on as was...
Okay now I can't see this without giggling.

I know the tuck could exacerbate back issues but almost any exercise helped my digestion instead of hindering it.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar method, bar method live classes, jennifer galardi