Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-11, 06:52 PM  
F1mom

Do not sell on amazon.com!!!!

I sold an item on Amazon.com and the buyer used it, decided she didn't like it and waited 3 weeks to contact me. Since I only take refunds if the item is damaged she filed a phony complaint that the item was 'not as described'. Then she withdrew the claim.

In the meantime my youngest sister was killed in a motorcycle accident. I went to DC for the funeral and obviously to be with my family. Amazon.com sent me an email with a response date of June 15, the same date as the memorial, regarding a claim that was supposedly withdrawn.

So I appeal and send them links to the actual articles in the paper (the accident shut down an exit on I-495 in DC and it was all over the news). I even took pictures of the frickin' box her ashes are in showing the date of death and the date she was cremated.

Amazon.com's response? EFF YOU. And you can't even call them -- that department operates only by email, apparently by robots who cannot even read.

So some sack of crap whiny buyer got an $80 set of DVDs plus her money back. No word if she has to return them or not.

Amazon.com, you suck a$$ and I'll buy from Barnes & Noble from now on.
Old 06-19-11, 06:59 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. That's a lot to deal with on it's own without having to deal with Amazon.
Old 06-19-11, 07:00 PM  
sherry7899

Raina, I am so very sorry this happened to you. I know you don't need any additional aggravation now.

I have contacted Amazon by phone, and they've been very helpful. They have an option for sellers to e-mail their phone number to Amazon's customer service, and they call you back right away. I can't post a direct link because it would display my log in information. If you are on the "seller help" page, it is on the upper right hand side of the screen:

Seller Support
Contact Seller Support by e-mail.
Please use the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.com Seller account.
Talk to Seller Support by phone.
Provide your phone number and Seller Support will call you right away.

We had a customer contact us a year and a half (!) after they ordered an item. They claimed they had never received it. We used delivery confirmation, but that information is only kept on file for six months. I called Amazon, and they called me right back. They said we were not responsible for the package since so much time had passed. I contacted the buyer by e-mail and explained this, and we never heard from them again.

Maybe you can try the phone number and explain the situation. I am so sorry this happened to you.

If you issue a refund, they are supposed to return the item. If anyone contacts us wanting to return an item (for a legitimate reason) I tell them we will issue a refund AFTER we receive the item back. We will reimburse them for their purchase amount, plus return postage (if warranted).

Take care,
Sherry
Old 06-19-11, 07:02 PM  
F1mom

Sherry I've called them a number of times today and the answer I get is that the AtoZ Department that charges back your account can only be reached by email. The problem? No one actually reads the emails but they issue form garbage.

Sooo disgusted.
Old 06-19-11, 07:03 PM  
moonbeam31

OMG! First of all I am very sorry to hear about your sister. My condolences to you. Second of all thanks so much for the heads up on the amazon.com selling problems! I was thinking about doing this too! Once again, Thanks and sorry.
Old 06-19-11, 07:04 PM  
sherry7899

Raina, did you e-mail them and ask them to call you back? You need to use the specific e-mail through "seller help" not the regular "contact us" option. I hope you can get someone to help you out.

Take care,
Sherry
Old 06-19-11, 07:08 PM  
KellyMarie65

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope you get resolution from Amazon, that is not good
Old 06-19-11, 07:14 PM  
daisyduke

so sorry about your sister. sorry you are dealing with this.
Old 06-19-11, 07:43 PM  
Bliss6789

I'm so sorry for the tragic loss of your sister.
Old 06-19-11, 07:48 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Raina, did you e-mail them and ask them to call you back? You need to use the specific e-mail through "seller help" not the regular "contact us" option. I hope you can get someone to help you out.

Take care,
Sherry
Yes, I used that method. That department for Seller Help is separate from the Seller chargeback department which you can only reach by email.

The point? They use Goodfellas logic: got a problem with a buyer? --- you, pay me. Out of town for a funeral? --- you, pay me. Buyer lied and played the system to get an item for free? --- you, pay me.

And I have no recourse except to sue Amazon in small claims court. They cannot force the buyer to return the DVDs and because the claim is closed I have no way to contact her by email or telephone.
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon, amazon marketplace, amazon.com, amazon.com marketplace