Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-11, 05:21 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Yay! I finally took the plunge to become a VF supporter and uploaded a pic for my avatar. After all, the cost for a year membership is about the approximate cost of one dvd.
Old 03-04-11, 05:28 PM  
counterclockwise

Nice to see you glamgal!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 06:42 PM  
LAC

Anyone can belong to this forum for free. But the people who pay to be members are called VF Supporters and receive the privilege of posting an avatar

PS: Web hosting/bandwidth are not free. If you like visiting here and you can spare $20 once a year, you will be helping WWWendy to keep this forum up & running (but you are certainly not required to do so ).
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 07:09 PM  
luprisi

Glamgal- very cute avatar!
luprisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 07:10 PM  
fluffydogfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Yay! I finally took the plunge to become a VF supporter and uploaded a pic for my avatar. After all, the cost for a year membership is about the approximate cost of one dvd.
The Texans represent! And we're such cutie pies!

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 07:44 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Anyone can belong to this forum for free. But the people who pay to be members are called VF Supporters and receive the privilege of posting an avatar

PS: Web hosting/bandwidth are not free. If you like visiting here and you can spare $20 once a year, you will be helping WWWendy to keep this forum up & running (but you are certainly not required to do so ).
Ooh, I see! Thanks, I never knew that. (I missed Deb's post with the link when I first posted)

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 07:31 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof5 View Post
That's too bad that it's only offered to VF Supporters, I wish it was offered for everyone, but I guess VF has its reasons! I'm sure one day I'll be a VF Supporter anyway! (That has to do with your number of posts, right?)
I know I'm late to this post, but I want to reiterate that anyone and everyone should consider becoming a VF Supporter. You could have posted 20,000 times or not at all. You could have been with VF from the beginning or just signed up today. The only requirement is paying the small fee.
As for why not everyone can have an avatar, an image requires just that tiny bit more bandwidth, etc., so it makes sense to reward those who have financially contributed with the option of adding a small one as an avatar.

But if you decide you don't want to or can't pay the $10 for 6 months or $20 for a year to support VF but would still like to contribute something to offset the costs of hosting this forum, you can use the Support VF links while making purchases at online sites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Buy.com, Collage, and Overstock, plus a few others. (Go up to the top of this page, and you'll see along the dark blue-purple band "Support VF" second from the left.) A small percentage will go to VF. You could buy anything at any price, as far as I understand, and it will help; it doesn't have to be fitness videos.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 09:03 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
I know I'm late to this post, but I want to reiterate that anyone and everyone should consider becoming a VF Supporter. You could have posted 20,000 times or not at all. You could have been with VF from the beginning or just signed up today. The only requirement is paying the small fee.
As for why not everyone can have an avatar, an image requires just that tiny bit more bandwidth, etc., so it makes sense to reward those who have financially contributed with the option of adding a small one as an avatar.

But if you decide you don't or can't pay the $10 for 6 months or $20 for a year to support VF but would still like to contribute something to offset the costs of hosting this forum, you can use the Support VF links while making purchases at online sites like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Buy.com, Collage, and Overstock, plus a few others. (Go up to the top of this page, and you'll see along the dark blue-purple band "Support VF" second from the left.) A small percentage will go to VF. You could buy anything at any price, as far as I understand, and it will help; it doesn't have to be fitness videos.
Thank you for posting this Kath!

I agree. You don't have to contribute, but I think it's such a nice gesture to help out a forum that gives us all so much wonderful advice, support and friendship!
Old 03-09-11, 09:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

The way I look at it, this website has SAVED me so much money that my annual contribution is worth it. By being able to read so many opinions and reviews on videos, fitness gear, exercise gadgets and even beauty products, I can be very selective before purchasing, and sometimes have gotten coveted items in trades and even free from generous VF'ers. I've temp traded too, and discovered something is not up my alley and saved the money.

But the most amazing thing about VF is that if not for this website I would never have known about Tilak Pyle, Erich Schiffmann or Robert Craig hair color; I'd never realized Ellen Barrett is such a perfect fit for me; I wouldn't have been alerted to Supreme Pilates being sold on EBay for $1.00! and I'd have never tried Kelly Coffey-Meyer or Classical Stretch. My check-ins also keep me accountable.

LOL that was a gush, eh?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-11, 10:03 AM  
sherry7899

I'm sorry this is a dumb question, but how do you pay if you don't have paypal?

Thanks!
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avatar, paypal, support vf, vf supporter