Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-10, 11:14 AM  
sweatmonger

I'm the OP and I would love to have a check-in for us apples and inverted triangles. I'm a newbie (but long time lurker) here and I would love to hear what works for others too.

I have Tracy's Mat and PP and have been doing the arm section in both daily this week. I have also added cardio (Ellen) and a bit of yoga (biggest loser Power Yoga). I will try to do this consistently for 30 days. We'll see if I get results.
sweatmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 12:55 PM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Sweatmonger - I would join that check in! I'm very top heavy - I think I'm an apple. I used to be more of pear, so I don't really know WHAT I am now...(fruit salad?)

I'm about to start a CLX rotation, so I'll have some heavy lifting results to report.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 01:04 PM  
Snuckles

Do most apples build muscle easily?
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 01:08 PM  
jacmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckles View Post
I don't know about all, but I certainly do
jacmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 04:59 PM  
sweatmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckles View Post
For me the experience has always been this: I get definition and *tone* in my lower body fairly quickly, my abs are very slow to show any thing (loss and definition) and my upper gains muscle quickly, but lose the top layer of fat excruitiatingly slow.

* tone * I say this b/c I don't lift any weights. I just do body weight. I feel like it's such an '80's word to say...
Old 04-14-10, 10:56 PM  
RachelleS

I don't build muscle easily - or if I do, I can't tell because of all the body fat. I am a hourglass but have the huge middle and yucky back fat. I have yet to find what works best for my body so I do what I enjoy. Something has to click sometime - I hope.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 08:27 AM  
willowey124

Another Inverted Triangle...

I think I definitely fall into the "inverted triangle gang" as I also have broad shoulders, although my waist in fairly lean. My hips are narrower than my shoulders, so I am always conscious of not "overworking" my upper body with heavy weights - in fact I moved away from heavy weights a few years ago, and now prefer light/endurance style work for my upper body.

I am finding I am starting to get some nice results from my Tonique rotation (currently almost 5 weeks in). Altho the Tonique's are lower body focused, I use 2lb weights whilst doing the arm movements through pretty much the whole workouts and am starting to see some nice definition in my arms that I have never had before.

I like the suggestions about using the arm segments from TA's Mat workout and KS Total Body Lift. Would the arm work from the Core Fusions also qualify as light weight/high rep?

Kaz x
willowey124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 11:09 AM  
Honeydew

denise austin's body makeover mix has a good short upper body section..sort of similar to total body lift.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 12:52 PM  
sweatmonger

Sooo... after a week of TA arms....

Dare I say it, I think they are looking better! I hate using these words, but they are the only ones I can think of to describe what's happening.... my arms feel *tighter*, and more *firm*. And I think my ROM in my shoulders is much improved too.

I've been also doing TA's standing abs too and OMG I think I'm getting a waistline!!!

So this week I've done various light cardio 4x, power yoga or ballet type cardio the other 2x, and I've added either done the TA arms and abs as an add on. Or have done the whole thing completely (on energetic days).

We shall see what next week brings....
Old 04-17-10, 01:10 PM  
peanutgrl

I am also apple shaped and have had positive results with the arm sections from TA's Mat Workout. After doing TA arms for a couple months, i couldn't believe the results. Since high school I always hid my arms & for the first time in my life I have been able to wear tank tops, sleeveless shirts, etc. without feeling self consious

I definately think there should be a checkin for us apples! Thanks sweatmonger for starting this thread

Tags
plateau