Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-10, 11:02 AM  
BarbaraVT

Vol. 5 on DVD?

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread. Like so many of us, I love the classic Firms. I'm also in the minority of VFers who have a soft spot for vol. 5, with LaReine Chabut. It seems to be the only one of the first 6 that Anna's co. hasn't released on DVD. In fact, I can't find this one on DVD anywhere. Am I missing it? Does anyone know whether it was ever released as a DVD?
BarbaraVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 11:10 AM  
kathylcsw

Congratulations on the amazing weight loss! I think if what you are doing is working that well you might want to consider continuing it exactly like you have been. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That way when your body does adapt and the weight loss slows down a bit you can work on a new rotation to break the plateau. That is the problem with vidiots - we want to keep trying something different even when what we are doing is working!
Old 02-14-10, 11:11 AM  
dnna

That was never released on dvd. there is a list of 12 or so Firms that Anna had permission from GAiam to put on dvd. Her son is working on that legally as he wants to continue her work. They are getting rid of old Firm vhs stock and replacing the newer dvds that were remastered.I remember reading they just got a lot of new stock in on some Fitprimes.
there is some info on the yayas about this as one of the yayas works at FitnessFavorites, and of course there is some info on fitnessfavorites but that is a very slow message board.
dnna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 12:16 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Firmgirl2, congratulations on your weight loss success!

Like others have said, I think any Firms (but especially the Classics, which I consider to be anything pre-Goodtime) will help you with fat burning/weight loss.

The Classics are the best, most fun, and the most challenging, IMO. Of the BSS (Goodtimes) collection, I would recommend BSS4 the most then BSS3, with BSS3 being the most challenging but sometimes frustragingly difficult choreography (unless you are good with choreography) but BSS4 is also fairly intense and has a great fun factor. For that matter BSS2 is also fairly challenging with a good fun factor. I thought BSS1 was the least fun as well as the least challenging.

Of the Pink (Gaiam) collection, I would recommend anything with Kelsie for fat burning and intensity, but Alison, Rebekah, and Emily are also good. My favorites are 500 Calorie Workout; Get Chisl'd; Pump, Jump, and Jab; Dangerous Curves Ahead (cardio mix); TransFIRM your Trouble Zones (kettlebell workout); and Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn.

Again congratulations! I really think any Firm combo will continue to work for you. I the Firm!
Old 02-14-10, 12:27 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I haven't read all the responses yet (though I will) but just wanted you to keep in mind that many of us old-time Firmers used just 1 or 2 videos per year and still got phenomenal results. So, use what you love and just remember to progress as you are able by increasing your weights bit by bit.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 12:28 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraVT View Post
Hope I'm not hijacking this thread. Like so many of us, I love the classic Firms. I'm also in the minority of VFers who have a soft spot for vol. 5, with LaReine Chabut. It seems to be the only one of the first 6 that Anna's co. hasn't released on DVD. In fact, I can't find this one on DVD anywhere. Am I missing it? Does anyone know whether it was ever released as a DVD?
Vol 5 has not been released on dvd yet. I guess because it was mainly lower body work, it is not quite as popular. But, like you, I do think it is a great workout! The classics are really that.....classic!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 01:29 PM  
Whimzee

Can you do the Firm Classics every day (the ones where you alternate cardio with weights) or do you have to wait a day inbetween?
Whimzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 01:55 PM  
Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmgirl2 View Post
I need to lose about 50 pounds and would love to get everyone's thoughts on which Firms are best for fat burning. For the past month I have been using Cardio Sculpt, Aerobic Body Shaping and Total Body Time Crunch each once a week plus doing some kickboxing and 3 and 4 mile Leslie's. I have lost about 9 pounds and all of my pants are falling off of me which is exactly what I was going for . Could I continue to do these workouts for another month and see more results or do I need to mix it up and do the same basic rotation but with different workouts? Which Firms would you use to drop pounds and inches?
Congrats on your success so far! The Firm is great for quick, noticeable results. My top AWT/Classic picks are Allie's Cardio Sculpt, Emily's Firm CAWT, Allie's Aerobic Body Shaping (one of my all-time faves) and Classic Vol. 1,2 & 4. As far as Firm cardio-style; I really like Allie's Maximum Cardio Burn plus Abs and Allie's Fat Blaster. I personally don't think the pink Firm are as effective for me. It could be because they are shorter. I'm not sure. It seems like close to an hour is my magic number.

~Lissa
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 01:55 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimzee View Post
Can you do the Firm Classics every day (the ones where you alternate cardio with weights) or do you have to wait a day inbetween?
I think that really depends on how heavy you go on your weights. I like to heavy up, so I would not use these workouts back to back, but maybe 3 or 4 days a week with cardio or rest in between.

If you go lighter on the weights, you might be able to do them every day. Also, if you carefully plan which workouts you do (a cardio intense like Vol. 2 one day, a strength intense like Vol. 1 the next) you can probably do them every day. You just have to use trial and error and just find what's right for your body.
Old 02-14-10, 01:59 PM  
Carol K

Vol. 1 and 4 are no longer available from Firm Direct. Vol. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are available from Fitness Favorites under the names Body Sculpting Basics, Low Impact Aerobics, Aerobic Workout with Weights, Time Crunch and Boomers.

Tags
plateau, success stories