Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-10, 05:34 AM  
firmgirl2

Best Firms for fat burning?

I need to lose about 50 pounds and would love to get everyone's thoughts on which Firms are best for fat burning. For the past month I have been using Cardio Sculpt, Aerobic Body Shaping and Total Body Time Crunch each once a week plus doing some kickboxing and 3 and 4 mile Leslie's. I have lost about 9 pounds and all of my pants are falling off of me which is exactly what I was going for . Could I continue to do these workouts for another month and see more results or do I need to mix it up and do the same basic rotation but with different workouts? Which Firms would you use to drop pounds and inches?
firmgirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 07:26 AM  
Dabbadooey

Any of the classics in any combination you prefer...those workouts just flat out get the job done!
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 08:04 AM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

Another vote for classic Firm.
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 08:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I definitely agree that you can't go wrong with any of the classic Firms, but if what you've been doing has worked so well, I don't think you need to change it yet unless you need a little change. Since the Firms you've been using are the "Classic" type, 50/50 if you will, I suppose you could stick with any Firms that are either the original classics or follow that 50/50 format. There was a thread a while back where someone listed the biggest Firm calorie burners for her. I remember 500 Calorie Workout, Hardcore Fusion, Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn and Aerobic Body Shaping were on her list. I don't have a heartrate monitor but I think she was probably right on target with her list. I myself usually go with Vols. 1 and 2 when I really mean business. HTH.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 09:37 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

I agree with everyone else. Go Classic Firm. They are magic! Mostly, I wanted to say way to go on your weight loss. You're doing a great job. Congrats.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 09:39 AM  
alisoncooks

What are "classic" firms?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 10:10 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Classics Firms are usually referring to the original vol. 1-6. They are harder to get on dvd. I think you can still get vol. 1 & 4 from the Firm's website. Anna's website, Fitness Favorites, has vol's 1-5 on dvd now, and they are chaptered, which is nice Some people also consider the pre-Good Times workouts to also be classics. For example, Firm Fat Blaster, Firm Strength, and Firm Cardio, etc. There are many, and it can get confusing If you can access the Firm Ya-Ya's site, there is a list and rotation you can use to help you figure it out. Maybe here too, I am not sure. I just did the Firm Body Sculpting Systems 1-3, and Transfirmer series for the longest time before getting some of the older workouts and I had great results from just using these. A lot of people consider the older ones to be harder, and they certainly can be. If you dont mind the leotards, and dated look of the workouts, they are excellent workouts.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 10:32 AM  
D72

Everything Sherry said---and below I included is a link to Amazon where you can see reviews for the Classic Volume 1 with photo links to Classic Volumes 2, 3, 6 and 5 (in that order!). There is also a Volume 4 you can search for. As Sherry said-most of these Classics (if not all now) are on DVD now-just not all on Amazon I don't think. My link is for the VHS but there are still lots of reviews. It's true that many of the pre-Good Times Firms are considered 'Classic' but more often than not-the Classics refer to the original Firms Volumes 1-6--their first 6 productions that put them on the fitness map.

The Classics Vols. 1-6 were produced from '86 to '92 (I'm pretty sure) and they are considered by many to be some of *the* most effective, time-efficient and innovative (for the time-and now!) home workouts ever produced. They absolutely get it all done-as everyone else has said and sometimes I wonder why I ever stopped doing them! There is absolutely no way you could do these workouts and not get in amazing shape-quickly and from head to toe. Cardio and total body strength/tone. Yes they are dated...but they are so fun and effective it really doesn't matter.

They were not available in stores until the mid 90's so you had to order them directly from The Firm. When the first couple were released in the late '80's, they were about $50 a pop! I still remember the very first mini-infomercial I ever saw (lasting one entire commercial break) was for The Firm Volume 1. It was aired a lot on ESPN during Gilad and other fitness programs!

Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Firm-Total-Bod...6160593&sr=8-1
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 10:57 AM  
D72

I forgot to mention (for those new to The Classics) that...

*For Volumes 1 and 2: All you need are weights/ankle weights. There were no gadgets then .

*Volume 3 uses weights (of course) and also the Fanny Lifter. It was the first FL program.

*Volume 4 uses weights and a step.

*Volumes 5 and 6 use weights, a step and the FL.

The later version of the FL was/is much smarter than the original wooden model you'll see in the vids as it could be pulled apart and used as a 6 " step too so you get two for one there.

Alison-If you're interested in these-I would guess that you would like Volume 6 the best-at least to start out with. It's the least über-high-intensity but it's very effective. It was always my fave.

Hope this helps!

Diana
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-10, 11:00 AM  
atticus
VF Supporter

Congratulations on your success! I think you will get results from any 45 - 60 minute Firms, Classics or newer Firms, whether a single workout or a combination of shorter workouts. Find what you like and do that. Good luck and enjoy your journey!

Tags
plateau, success stories