Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-09, 07:50 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

A gentle reminder- please do not discuss specific diet related material. Discussion of exercise recommendations are, of course, okay. Thanks so much!

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 07:57 AM  
Pykkalo

It's her July 5th, 2099 Podcast. (I think... I downloaded them all and that date has a title of "The Perfect Day for Weight Loss").

I tried to look up the link to her podcasts on the KFI AM 640 website, but they're gone. ???
http://www.kfi640.com/pages/jillian.html?_show

242/203/135
Pykkalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 09:10 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info on why I can't find the podcasts anymore. I thought I was just looking in the wrong place. I tend to download a month or two at a time and hadn't heard any rumble about them being gone, so I thought maybe they just put them in a different place.

ETA: One thing you notice when you listen to a number of them in a row is she tended to mention attorneys and higher ups a lot in a denigrating way, and then when people would specifically call about a specific product, she did not hesitate to give a negative opinion/review.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 09:16 AM  
gigi

This is very lazy of me, but would you e-mail me or post on Cathe's Open discussion or the yaya's forum so I can read it all and not listen to it...tee hee? I wish I had caught this before it has been edited.
Old 08-29-09, 09:21 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
I completely agree. I was really disappointed to see Jillian had gone in that direction. She lost so much credibility with me.
I agree with you and Janga - she really sold herself out with the supplement deal. It appears she'll put her name on anything that can make a buck.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 09:28 AM  
daisysunshine

lol and you know - the funny thing is when someone called in and goes, "well, you know I NEED to have ________ product, she'll go if you have to have THAT product, see if you can get the low sugar kind, or the whole grain one or what not, she never really came out and said "I think the whole world should stop using these products, end. of. story. She always quantified how she used to, then she did research (or she noticed the effect of said product did on her body) and then stopped. (and anyone with eyes can see that Coke is really not good for you LOL it can de-rust things!).

I don't know if I find that she's hypocritical or selling out because she's putting out her own weight loss supplement product out there. She had talked about doing this for a while on her podcasts, because she was tired of all the crap ones out there full of fakey fake things, so she made a more organic based one. Nu. I don't know

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 09:57 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

De-rusting is not bad! De-rusting is GOOD!! Do you want to be rusty? No? Well, me neither. Therefore Coke is good. End of story.

OK, with THAT settled, 2-4 pounds a week easily?/ GIMME A BREAK. I couldn't lose 2-4 pounds a week easily IF I FASTED. OH where is Mr. Rolleyes when you need him???

If I work out 60 minutes 6 days a week and eat 1400 healthy calories a day, I lose about a 1/2 pound per week. Maybe if you are very overweight you could drop that fast (and that would be good! Very encouraging I am sure!), but i don't think that would be the norm, and certainly not "easily."
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 10:08 AM  
Charlene
VF Supporter

Janga, she is VERY honest on the radio show and her site, about the failings of the biggest loser and her personal beliefs regarding various sponsors, products, etc. To a fault, apparently.

I don't find her supplement line hypocritical at all - she's always endorsed supplements - if not directly through the biggest loser, on her radio show - she's always said it comes down to hard work but you can also use supplements to boost your results. On her radio show she discusses using 'natural' items to perform as supplements would on the biggest loser ranch since they aren't allowed to give supplements directly. I am not in the least surprised she came out with her own line of these items.

"“Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come.”

Rumi.

Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
Rumi
Charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 10:12 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
De-rusting is not bad! De-rusting is GOOD!! Do you want to be rusty? No? Well, me neither. Therefore Coke is good. End of story.

OK, with THAT settled, 2-4 pounds a week easily?/ GIMME A BREAK. I couldn't lose 2-4 pounds a week easily IF I FASTED. OH where is Mr. Rolleyes when you need him???

If I work out 60 minutes 6 days a week and eat 1400 healthy calories a day, I lose about a 1/2 pound per week. Maybe if you are very overweight you could drop that fast (and that would be good! Very encouraging I am sure!), but i don't think that would be the norm, and certainly not "easily."
One upon a time, back in the days when I was a young thing, 10 pounds could melt off my body in a month. Those days are gone and they have been for years! Now, if the planets and moon are in proper alignment, I can lose about 2-3 lbs. a month.

I haven't clicked on the link, so I have no idea about the diet discussion, but the exercising hard for at least an hour, and MOVING your body throughout the day, is great advice. I reposted an excellent link that Sue B. originally posted at YaYas that talked about this. It's the best article that I've read.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 10:32 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Now, if the planets and moon are in proper alignment, I can lose about 2-3 lbs. a month.
Glad I'm not the only one!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jillian michaels, plateau