Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-05, 06:29 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta
Oh, I had such a snit I didn't feel like driving the 45 minutes to the nearest Sephora!
oh that's an expensive thing to have go south..My nearest Sephora is about 30 mins with no traffic in one direction so that stinks if you can't return it. Next time you find that happen, call the store, tell them what happened. Make a copy of your receipt and send it and the product back to them... then they can credit you.. or send you a sephora gc.. after all, it's not just a couple bucks!

Quote:

BTW - the Dermablend you recommended worked great. The color was slightly off, so I put some Aromaleigh powder on top.

And I like the Sunforgettable and the other Colorescience stuff I bought.
oh good! I am glad the dermablend worked. If you want to try another brand with a different color spectrum, try covermark.. that's the other main competitor!

and I LOVE the sunforgettable. they have a presentation of the sunforgettable that's for bodies to make it go on faster and easier (sort of like a roll-on) .. I am dying to get that one!
;-)
Stevie

[/QUOTE]
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 11:44 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

mixing it up a bit here
1) what are you giving for Mother's day to those significant women..
2)and if you are a mom, what are you hoping or what would you like your family to know that you want.. beauty or fitness or whatever

Stevie
Old 04-07-05, 12:38 PM  
MARIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie W
mixing it up a bit here
2)and if you are a mom, what are you hoping or what would you like your family to know that you want.. beauty or fitness or whatever

Stevie
I want the Perricone Neuropeptide Face Cream!! LOL! After all when I gave birth back in 1984, The nurse told me I had a strange uterus I didn't care I just had a baby girl & it was all over! Then she said WAIT! I think it's another BABY! I told her to leave it there! They didn't oblige.
MARIKA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 12:54 PM  
ooty

Marika...

Lol...
ooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 02:10 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie W
mixing it up a bit here

Stevie
I'm not a mother, but I'm getting my wonderful mother passes for about five classes at her local yoga center. She lives three hours from me and although I've been practicing yoga for over two years now and always tell her about all the benefits, she's never had the money to attend classes herself. I'm hoping she'll enjoy it and continue with the practice on her own.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 02:14 PM  
Mindi
VF Supporter

Who's using Jergens Natural Glow? Its a body lotion that gives you a slight tan over a few uses, not really heavy color, just a 'glow.'

It seems to be way popular! I managed to score a couple tubes before my town was completely sold out and I have to say, I'm really enjoying the 'glow' I'm getting. Its a nice color, not orangy or weird looking. I got so sick of using self-tanners, that I just went with the pale look but my legs could light up a whole town on a moonless night, they're so white!

I like this slight color look and since the price is about 4-5.00 a tube, its not a huge investment.
Old 04-08-05, 11:42 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Confessions time

Today, I broke down and bought a bunch of cosmetics online. I never bought from Sephora.com, but after speaking to a friend of mine who swears by Joey New York, I ended up having to try some products. I have to have photos taken soon. So, I bought a honey and almond exfoliation cream, a honey mask (L'Occitane) and an eye mask (Clarins) AND even bought the Susan Lucci Youthful Essence home microdermabrasion kit (thanks to Pamela P's recommendation ). I have super-sensitive skin so I don't like going to anyone to have facials or any other skin treatment, but I figured it would be worth a try to "improve" myself at home. I'm not sure I really need all this, but I think it will help psyche me into believing I look better .

Sephora.com is giving away 3 free samples with a purchase, so I am getting Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, which I tried in the dept. store the other day and kind of liked, Jo Lo's Glow and a Ralph Lauren fragrance. Also, there's a discount through Ebates.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 10:34 AM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe
AND even bought the Susan Lucci Youthful Essence home microdermabrasion kit (thanks to Pamela P's recommendation ). I have super-sensitive skin so I don't like going to anyone to have facials or any other skin treatment, but I figured it would be worth a try to "improve" myself at home.
Ooh, I hope you like it, but do be careful the first couple times you use it if you have sensitive skin. I have pretty hardy skin (well, other than the fact that I burst into flames in the sun) but it was still a little rough for me the first two or three times...a slight stinging, etc. It feels like fine-milled sugar. I really like it and hope you will too.

It isn't the first time I was pleasantly surprised by an infomercial purchase either. Just got Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty set and really like it so far! Also got Victoria Principal's Advanced set but I'm so-so on that one. I like some of the products and others not so much.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 10:40 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

the trick on the microdermabrasion is not to press the device against your skin too much. you want to do this gently so that you don't wind up with too much skin being sloughed off. make sure you use enough cream ( measure it if you must) and then go slowly. It's a great device. I have had to dermanew kits and they are great. I have one for the hand and feet to be used in the shower.

also I hope you love the fragrances samples. it's enough for you to decide if you really like the fragrances enough to buy them!
I do a lot of purchasing off sephora.com and some off beauty.com
I like that other one too for Mavala. I forgot the name but if someone can remind me bec I need to order more lash stuff.
;-)
Stevie
Old 04-09-05, 12:24 PM  
MelissaA

mascara

I’m still trying to find mascara that doesn’t give me raccoon eyes. I read earlier in this thread that eye creams can be part of the problem, so yesterday I didn’t use any eye cream, and I still had raccoon eyes.

Over the years, I’ve tried Maybelline Great Lash, both regular and waterproof; the 2000 Calorie stuff (I can’t remember the brand); Marathon Mascara; Almay, etc. Without fail, they smudge. Is that just the way it is?
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty thread, shapewear, spanx