Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-19, 10:21 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Lannette, have you checked out her huge selection of free workouts on YouTube? Might be the simplest way to get a feel for her “style”.
Hi Pam, as I mentioned in my original post I already checked out her YouTube channel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Thanks cjayd- your post is very informative!
I agree! Very helpful.

I typed out a longer reply but I’m getting the dreaded “500” error when I try to post.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 10:27 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
For me, Essentrics is almost more of a recovery workout to keep me balanced, flexible, and pain free. Barlates is a definitely a workout.
hi Pam! i was in email conversation with Linda and asked her if there was anything similar to Miranda's workouts, and she gave a very thoughtful answer which comports to what you said. Linda said I don't have anything as slow as Miranda's, and the closest thing are the standing segments in her Warm and Stretch series ("Standing" and "With Ball"). the other one is her Fusion Flow series (it includes dynamic flow, energy flow, and fusion flow), but still at a faster pace compared with Miranda.

i also learned something new regarding Linda's offerings - her Fusion Flow DVD 12 workout set is sold through Amazon; the download is available from Linda's site. same for Linda's Endurance 70, 80 & 90 DVD set - sold via Amazon.

in Linda's sale, i got the a few more workouts to take advantage of her sale.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 11:47 AM  
bubbles76

Bzar, which ones did you get? I'm going back and forth on the Drop Sets, as I just read on 2Lazy4TheGym's blog that the Drop Sets does not have a warm up. No way can I get through that many reps without a warm up! I'm thinking maybe Mix and Match, as everyone raves about it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 12:52 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Bzar, which ones did you get? I'm going back and forth on the Drop Sets, as I just read on 2Lazy4TheGym's blog that the Drop Sets does not have a warm up. No way can I get through that many reps without a warm up! I'm thinking maybe Mix and Match, as everyone raves about it.
I got mix and match too - it was an "alternate" choice since I couldn't get Fusion Flow set on DVD.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 01:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Hi Pam, as I mentioned in my original post I already checked out her YouTube channel.
Oops, sorry! I promise I’ll stop now, lol.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100 rep challenge, 500 error, barlates, barlates downloads, linda wooldridge