Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-19, 08:06 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Cathe Fit Split : should i buy?

Hi,

I am really enjoying Cathe LITE. I'm tempted to get Fit Split.
Can you offer an input on this set? I've read mixed reviews on it.
My favorites from LITE are Metabolic, Pyramid Pump, PHA..

TIA!!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 02:20 PM  
red1013

I absolutely love the Push Day/Pull Day weight workouts on this set! I use them frequently. That said, I don't use any of the other workouts from the set at all. I did the Metabolic Conditioning once and didn't care for it, the cardio didn't interest me at all.
Old 02-27-19, 04:16 PM  
bubbles76

Like Red, I love the Push and Pull workouts from Fit Split. I also really like the Cardio Shred. However, I find that the other workouts have a lot of deja vu between them and LITE. Even some bits of Pull reminded me of LITE. I did the LITE 30 Day rotation and then started on the Fit Split 30 Day rotation. I found that entire sequences were lifted from Fit Split and placed onto LITE. Just the poundage was decreased. Plus, Fit Split doesn't have the pretty background, the cardio bonuses, the pyramid bonuses, or more than one ab workout. Now, I'm glad to have Fit Split for variety, but I honestly would not have bought it if I had known what LITE was going to be like.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day

Last edited by bubbles76; 03-01-19 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Changed "one set of ab work" to "one ab workout"
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 05:10 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for your input!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 07:24 PM  
marki64

Ha! I feel the total opposite. I don't care for the push pull but love the cardio and metabolic conditioning.

Edited to add, I love Legs & Glutes too. Don't like the boxing segment, but I rarely find a boxing workout I like.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-19, 06:36 AM  
weener
VF Supporter

I love the push pull weight work and I love metabolic conditioning.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-19, 07:38 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I absolutely love the Push Day/Pull Day weight workouts on this set! I use them frequently. That said, I don't use any of the other workouts from the set at all. I did the Metabolic Conditioning once and didn't care for it, the cardio didn't interest me at all.
Same for me. I don't care for the cardio and the abs workout.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-19, 08:32 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I really wish she would offer these workouts separately as opposed to being forced to buy the entire thing.

I recently purchased a few of the LITE workouts in download form as well as some old step workouts. She offers some of the old workouts that you used to have to buy together on one dvd (like Body Max and Interval Max) as separate downloads. You can even buy the Calorie Crush workouts from LITE separately if you want to. I did that with Revved up Rumble and Cardio Party as I didn't want those workouts, just the Calorie Crush parts.
Old 02-28-19, 10:17 AM  
buffmama

Thanks to this thread I'm looking at the Legs and Glutes workout for tomorrow. I like workouts/rotations that are easy to wrap my head around and this one fit the bill. No add on this, shorten that. Just put it in and go.
Old 02-28-19, 09:22 PM  
bfit

I like her ICE set better than Fit Split. It's hard to find a day where I feel like doing any of the Fit Split workouts because they don't seem to "fit" anywhere. Typically, I consider workouts cardio, toning, or stretch/yoga, and I don't divide the toning up into "push" and "pull". Basically, the way she's organized the workouts on Fit Split isn't that useful to me.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fit split, fit split reviews