Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Me too!
Me three!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-18, 06:13 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Funny, I had been eyeing Tracie's Senior workout, which then lead me to other Senior workouts, instead.

I've actually been enjoying Susan Tuttle's Chair Resistance Band workout. It really surprised me because I originally thought Susan's personality would annoy me (cheerleader, kindergarten teacher voice.) But both workouts have been great for rehabbing an injured shoulder (with the band work!) It's also good for PF (I suffered with that as well) because she does light tapping and stretching of the foot (no impact.) And, sitting down works the core in a totally new way!

I previewed plenty of Senior workouts because I needed a slower paced workout that had lots of stretching or used much lighter weights. So many clips told me which ones were definitely not a buy, but are very popular on PBS.

I've also lately been doing Tai Chi (flow) workouts that had been sitting on my shelf for a while now. Something else very gentle on the tootsies and (in my case) Upper Body.

When I had PF I changed from doing Power yoga to doing more Gentle workouts. I have for every Jane Adams workout I have ever done! She's really been wonderful for me this year!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-18, 10:47 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I was scrolling through the Amazon Prime fitness workouts and this one is included with the basic Prime membership -- I also saw all of Tracie's Longevity series too!

I didn't realize that Prime has so many fitness workouts!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-18, 01:01 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Funny, I had been eyeing Tracie's Senior workout, which then lead me to other Senior workouts, instead.

I've actually been enjoying Susan Tuttle's Chair Resistance Band workout. It really surprised me because I originally thought Susan's personality would annoy me (cheerleader, kindergarten teacher voice.) But both workouts have been great for rehabbing an injured shoulder (with the band work!) It's also good for PF (I suffered with that as well) because she does light tapping and stretching of the foot (no impact.) And, sitting down works the core in a totally new way!

I previewed plenty of Senior workouts because I needed a slower paced workout that had lots of stretching or used much lighter weights. So many clips told me which ones were definitely not a buy, but are very popular on PBS.

I've also lately been doing Tai Chi (flow) workouts that had been sitting on my shelf for a while now. Something else very gentle on the tootsies and (in my case) Upper Body.

When I had PF I changed from doing Power yoga to doing more Gentle workouts. I have for every Jane Adams workout I have ever done! She's really been wonderful for me this year!
I love Jane Adams, too!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-18, 08:02 PM  
anetta

Cool

I did part of this today. I know its slower but I like it.

I finally feel like I finally click with one of her workouts since Defined Lines

Wish I hadn’t ordered her Metabolic workouts and Grand Total-oh well that’s what we have a trade list for

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-18, 12:11 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I love Jane Adams, too!
Me three. 😀

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calisthenics, chair dumbbell workouts, chair workouts, jane adams, platinum fitness, senior exercise, senior workout, seniors, tracie long