Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-18, 05:00 PM  
Scorpio6

Traci Long Longevity series

What is your summary of each of the DVDs in the Longevity series? Also, what is your personal experience with them? Thanks!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-18, 08:31 AM  
fanofladyvols

Scorpio6,
I added some tags for you and found this thread
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...Long+Longevity
which I thought was helpful.
But if you do a tag search, there are definitely more

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-18, 10:49 AM  
Lori_Michigan

A heads up that all (or most?) of the Longevity series is available on Amazon Prime and free for Prime members (under the "Included with Prime" in the Prime Videos) as well as Tracie's Senior workout.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-18, 11:03 AM  
Garrie A.

My thoughts on each Longevity:

Defining Shape: Good total body strength workout with medium to heavy weights. Does have compound moves but they make sense.

Staying Power: Fun medicine ball cardio (not as fun as Focus Break Through), with some light weight work. I also like the floor work. My only con is the music is too low at times.

Step Forward: Fun athletic step workout with some lower body endurance drills.

Back Up: I the sports inspired medicine ball cardio in this workout. The weight work is divided into two sections: heavy weight traditional, and light weight non traditional focusing on the smaller muscles of the shoulders and back. You have to use very light weights (1-3 lbs.) on the latter, and you will still feel it!

Leaning Out: This is my favorite out of all the Longevity workouts. To me, this one reminds me of a modern day Classic Firm. The music and moves flow very well, and everything just *fits*. It also has my favorite bodyweight exercise, divebomber push-ups (LOVE them!). My only con is Tracie's cueing is poor during the warm-up but afterwards I get into the groove and enjoy every minute.

Defined Lines: This one is a mish-mosh of styles. 4 limb and medicine ball cardio, some bodyweight strength work, and core work. I like it but find it hard to put into rotation.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-18, 09:34 PM  
ncl

I am working through all my Tracie Long workouts right now. Of the Longevity's, Staying Power is definitely my favorite (and this is one of my favorite workouts of hers of all of her workouts).

I recently did Back Up and though I liked the small muscle group work and the back work, which I think is sorely neglected in most workouts and so important, this one wasn't my favorite overall, though still a good workout.

Step up is my least favorite of this series, probably because I like dancey step and cardio.

I also recently did Defining Shape and I like that one quite a lot. It has some adductor and abductor work at the end as well (I always like when there is this).

I haven't done Leaning Out in awhile, and I don't remember it well. Same for Defined Lines, but my remembrance is that I like these two, but not more than Staying Power...love that med ball work.

Now that Garrie mentioned it, I think I'll add in Break Through to my rotation this week.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-18, 09:52 PM  
buffmama

I did the premixes from Step Up today and thought they were great. Not choppy at all. I look forward to trying the rest of the premixes from her Longevity series. Since shorter workouts are easier for me to fit in, this will get them more play time!

Tags
focus, longevity, tracie long