Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-14, 12:44 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Totally OT, but didn't you buy the hooping set recently? Did you like it? I'm kind of waiting to hear about that one!
Well...I did...but I returned it. It was very light on toning (IMO) and what it did have was strongly Pilates-flavored (not my favorite flavor ). The hoop itself is fabulous, but since I didn't see myself using the dvds often, I didn't figure the hoop was worth the price (especially when I have a few hoops here, already, albeit no travel hoops.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
Fourteen pages of people discussing why they returned the set isn't enough convincing?

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=204027

...In which case, you'll need to tag this thread so you can find it again! (Hint, hint!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Yes, but *some of those people* (who shall remain nameless) repurchased the set after they returned it and later became fans of PiYo.
Yes! This is what throws off that other thread. The tide seemed to turn after a bit.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 12:48 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Well...I did...but I returned it. It was very light on toning (IMO) and what it did have was strongly Pilates-flavored (not my favorite flavor ). The hoop itself is fabulous, but since I didn't see myself using the dvds often, I didn't figure the hoop was worth the price (especially when I have a few hoops here, already, albeit no travel hoops.)
Thanks!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 02:06 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Personally I thought there was a whole lot of repetition among the DVDs to make it worth having the entire set. I have only done Sweat and Drench more than one time.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 03:31 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
yes, but *some of those people* (who shall remain nameless) repurchased the set after they returned it and later became fans of piyo.
doh! :d

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 05:21 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

I bought it. I tried it and found it boring and repetitive. I didn't repurchase it and I wouldn't be interested in doing so. The name of the workout is PiYo so I expected more of a fusion type workout. I found it to be much more yoga than pilates. I'd call these athletic yoga workouts. I also expected it to be more creative and more fun. It just wasn't either of those for me. Save your money.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 05:41 PM  
alisoncooks

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

An awesome VFer is going to let me borrow her set -- such a tremendous help, since I can't ever make a decision about a workout 'til I have it on-hand!
What a great set of ladies we have here!

(If I hate it, I'll come back and post it on this thread, LOL, then if I get the urge to buy it later -- I'll be safe! )
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 07:01 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
doh! :d
Ha Ha, shammy! I was thinking of you when I wrote that!
Old 09-25-14, 08:26 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Well, I am still undecided about the set. I like the easy workouts....the Defines. I was hoping for more mellow Ellen Barret type stuff. I keep thinking I should do these workouts, then I pull out my CS. LOL.

I am so boring.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 09:12 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Ha Ha, shammy! I was thinking of you when I wrote that!
I know! It's ok. I'm sitting here with some nice DOMs from strong legs yesterday. I really didn't give these a fair shot the first time. I am definitely modifying the rotation & twice/week I do double them up. Define upper was easy on its own. But add in define lower or some kettlebells & it's complete. I'm really enjoying this rotation & I'm 3 weeks in & haven't strayed. That's unheard of in my world.

Alison - I'm glad you are able to borrow the set.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-14, 04:41 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I bought it. I tried it and found it boring and repetitive. I didn't repurchase it and I wouldn't be interested in doing so. The name of the workout is PiYo so I expected more of a fusion type workout. I found it to be much more yoga than pilates. I'd call these athletic yoga workouts. I also expected it to be more creative and more fun. It just wasn't either of those for me. Save your money.
That is how I felt too. Returned it and have no remorse even after reading positive reviews.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody piyo, chalene, piyo, piyo reviews, returning piyo