Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-31-14, 02:19 PM  
yahoo205

PiYo Strength Workouts Full Body and Strong Legs Opinions, Reviews?

Anyone have these? Wondering if they are worth it?

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Prod...hdvds&CartID=1
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 12:10 PM  
yahoo205

Anyone?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 02:44 PM  
Zenara25

I don't own this workout but I wanted to post the quotes below just in case you haven't seen them yet. They are from this long thread about PiYo. http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=203750

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Drat!!! I posted a long review about 30 minutes ago and it isn't here. I must not have hit Submit. Don't you just hate that? Well, I will give it a go again.

I did a Full Body Blast of the Strength workouts and absolutely loved this one, too. The workout isn't as challenging as HoCo or Mindy's glider workouts which I consider high advanced. This workout was more challenging to me than any of the Cathe glider workouts, though. I would say this workout is high intermediate and maybe a low/low advanced. When I do HoCo, I always want to quit way before she does. LOL. With Chalene, I would just think, "I can't do this anymore" and she would stop. That was just a couple of times during the plank work.

She did the warm up without the gliders. The first section was a standing section that involved squats, back lunges and diagonal lunges that incorporated the core. The next section was plank work, one part with the gliders on our feet and the other part with the gliders on our hands. The next section was laying in our backs with the gliders on our hands which were to the side of the mat. She did slow sit ups and C curve moves like that. She also did what she called snow angels with the gliders. She finished off with hamstring work with the gliders on our feet.

This definitively was a full body workout as the title implies. I think this will be my most used set of Beach Body workouts.

Note to self, hit submit. LOL

Cheryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
For those of you who are on the fence about the “extra” strength DVD, here is a little more information. I did the Full Body Blast workout yesterday and I found it to be a super time efficient and a highly effective workout. I actually had a hard time getting through it (which never happens for me) and was even a bit sore this morning (which also rarely happens to me with any workout).

The workout clocks in at around 35 minutes and includes the PiYo warm-up and a quick cool-down. The workout doesn’t waste any time. You are constantly moving with a couple of child poses thrown in for a very quick rest. The pace and tempo of the workout is even and not hurried, but brisk. I have to say, the way the workout utilizes the disk adds a ton of core and additional muscle recruitment for both upper and lower body.

Here is a quick/brief breakdown.
PiYo warmup
Lunge variations
Squat variations
Mountain climbers
Core
Inner/outer thighs
Upper body
Core
Hamstrings - With a little inner thigh outer thigh thrown in for good measure
Cool-down stretch

Full Body Blast could be one of my all time favorite killer workouts. There was not any “dread factor” for me although I was working hard the whole time. I contribute to CJ’s energy, which I find to be very motivational. ; )
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I so agree with this. I absolutely loved this one and Stronger Legs that uses the gliders. Full Body Blast works the whole body and I got more out of that than any of the Cathe glider workouts. I love Cathe, but these really work your whole body. I am a high advanced exerciser and I love these because they have enough intensity for me and they can be for intermediate and beginners by following the modifier. This morning I did BTM 1.1 and my outer glutes were still sore from Stronger Legs. I love Tonique for what it does for my legs and glutes, but I think these workouts could give us similar results without all the reps. I am still and will always be a high rep girl, but I love shorter workouts, too, especially for add ons. I think the Strength workouts are the best of the series.

Cheryl
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
butt, chalene johnson, legs, piyo, piyo reviews, piyo strength