Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-11, 07:34 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Ruth - So glad you enjoy both workouts! I agree that there is a similarity between Jen's Ballet Body and Ellen Barret in terms of intensity (and style, to a degree). The workout also reminds me of Kari Anderson's Reach
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-11, 07:58 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Ruth - So glad you enjoy both workouts! I agree that there is a similarity between Jen's Ballet Body and Ellen Barret in terms of intensity (and style, to a degree). The workout also reminds me of Kari Anderson's Reach
The clips of Kari Anderson's Reach look good too
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-11, 01:45 PM  
Lorelai

I agree that Jennifer Galardi's Ballet Body is similar to Ellen Barrett's Fat Burning Fusion in that they are both fusions of ballet, pilates, and yoga principles. But I find Ballet Body to be much more dancey and harder for me to pick up... I think when I'm in better shape I'll love it! I already the stretching segment at the end! I can't believe this workout got so much criticism in reviews for actually including a decent stretching segment!

I also have Element Ballet Conditioning; I've previewed but not had a chance to try it yet. I bought it, because I figured the slower pace would give me the opportunity to learn/improve form before I progressed into the faster paced ballet/barre style workouts. I'm also pretty sure it will fry my legs... hopefully in a good way. Now I must concentrate on figuring out dimensions for my barre so my boyfriend can build it for me.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-11, 08:31 PM  
JeepGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
THREAD REVIVAL ALERT

Element Ballet Conditioning is great for working on form and really working my legs. I don't feel very graceful doing it, in fact, I feel like a klutz, but I like that it is helping to strengthen my legs and build stamina.

Hi Topfitmama! Two years ago I had surgery to repair a partial achilles tendon tear and couldn't do any impact for a long while. I used Element Ballet a lot during that period and this workout was instrumental in rehabbing my tendon. My podiatrist was so impressed that he made a note to recommend this to other patients. I love this workout and need to do it soon-it's been awhile!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 02:04 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
I like both of them. I am currently in with Jennifer Galardi's Ballet Body workout, and don't think it's too easy. It's just right for a day when I want to feel good while working out and afterwards, but not like I have wasted my time.
I think the intensity is comparable to Ellen Barrett's Fat Burning Fusion, but less aerobic. The music is amazing!!!!

Element Ballet Conditioning is great for working on form and really working my legs. I don't feel very graceful doing it, in fact, I feel like a klutz, but I like that it is helping to strengthen my legs and build stamina.
LOL Ruth, I feel the same way about Element Ballet Conditioning! I think I've only done the entire DVD 3x.. and I have it well over 1 year now *oops*.
I like Jennifer's BB a bit more as it has more of a 'fun' factor for me and yes, it reminds me a bit more of Ellen's workouts too.
But that being said I still couldn't part with Element Ballet. As a matter of fact, I'd do this one soon!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 02:15 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl View Post
Hi Topfitmama! Two years ago I had surgery to repair a partial achilles tendon tear and couldn't do any impact for a long while. I used Element Ballet a lot during that period and this workout was instrumental in rehabbing my tendon. My podiatrist was so impressed that he made a note to recommend this to other patients. I love this workout and need to do it soon-it's been awhile!
Wow! that's quite impressive, Jeep Girl. I guess you skipped those jumps at the end.
There is something about the calm and controlled movement that suggests both serious work and gentle work.

Val,
I don't think I'll be parting with Element Ballet or shape 20 minute makeover any time soon either. I can get past Elise's quirks for the sake of the terrific workout I get from both dvds.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, dancer's body, element ballet, elise gulan, jennifer galardi