Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-17, 03:49 PM  
rcmims

Core de force deluxe dvd

Hi, can anyone tell who has the core de force deluxe DVD , what workouts are like, and what you think of them , and is this DVD worth getting.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
rcmims
rcmims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-17, 05:05 PM  
Betty Boop

Hi- I posted this on an earlier thread about the deluxe dvd:

"I bought the deluxe DVD because I was really enjoying Core de Force. So far I've done one of the workouts, which was fun. The workouts use an agility ladder -- which I do not have. However, I first checked out the workouts on YouTube. At least one showed a person doing the workouts without the ladder, so I decided to buy."

Here's the link to the entire thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...e+force+deluxe
Old 02-27-17, 04:36 PM  
rcmims

Thank you, so are you enjoying the deluxe workouts as much as the ones from the basic set?
Old 02-27-17, 06:13 PM  
Betty Boop

That's the only one that I've done so far.

Mary had a really good price on Aerobox a few weeks ago, and I bought it. I'm working on that one and Aero Barre. I've been neglecting Core de Force, but will get back to it.
Old 02-28-17, 06:27 PM  
Malinda

I bought the Beachbody All Access Pass and have been doing a modified CDF rotation (subbing in Pump or Group RX RIP for one of the strength days each week, and an occasional Combat or Turbo Fire, just for variety) since the first of the year. I am really enjoying the rotation.

As far as the Deluxe workouts, I have done the shorter agility ladder workout once, and the MMA Kick Butt workout twice.

Apparently agility is not my thing, because I did not enjoy Agility Power at all. I do not have an agility ladder, so I was making believe, but if I would have had one, I think I would have disliked it even more. HOWEVER, I don’t think the workout is bad – it’s just not something I enjoyed. Joel leads this one alone, and he is his usual pleasant, encouraging self. The thing I didn’t like about it is that many of the moves involve hopping. That’s what I hated about T25, too – the incessant hopping. I can jump all day long, but I can’t stand hopping. I have not tried, nor do I have plans to try, the longer agility ladder workout.

Jericho leads MMA Kick Butt alone. She’s one tough little cookie. This workout consists of 9 3-minute circuits, and each circuit involves one minute of pretty slow repeating kicks or knee strikes so you can really focus on form (switch snap kick, roundhouse knee, roundhouse kick, side kick), 30 seconds of an upper body “spike” (various pushups, punches, ground-to-fight-stance), then repeat the kicks on the other side and repeat the spike again. The next 3 minute circuit features a different type of kick repeater and spike, in the same format. Thus, it’s a total body workout, and by the end of some of the spikes, my heart rate was pretty high. I was definitely a sweaty mess by the end. I like this workout quite a bit. It’s different enough from the other CDF workouts that I would buy it if it were sold separately from the agility ladder ones, and for less than $30 plus shipping.

But if you like agility ladder workouts, I think the Deluxe DVD would be a worthwhile investment.
Old 02-28-17, 06:46 PM  
rcmims

Thank you so much for the info.
Rcmims