Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-17, 10:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I haven't seen this brand anywhere else. Since it is carried by BJ's, maybe a similar warehouse place such as Sam's Club and/or Costco? The BJ's in-store price was WAY better than from their website.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 11:59 AM  
sherry7899

Pat-I have seen those at BJ's. I'm glad to know they are good quality.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 01:29 PM  
warriorprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Nancy. I just started checking out Nirvair and have rented some practices from my library. Which Gurmukh do you like? Would like to try that also.
Thanks!
The one I have is called Kundalini Yoga with Gurmukh. It's quite old. I think I ripped it from a VHS tape. I found a link to the entire video online:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1s...gurmukh_school

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 02:26 PM  
PhyllisG

Thank you Nancy! Appreciate it.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 08:22 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Today I did a yoga practice I haven't done in years--Total Yoga Fire, by Ganga White and Tracey Rich. It is probably the toughest yoga DVD I have--75 minutes long, lots and lots and lots of vinyasas (chatturanga/updog/downdog). It's kind of like the Ashtanga first series in that there is a vinyasa between every side that is worked. For example, you do Warrior 1 with right leg in front, then vinyasa, then with left leg in front, then another vinyasa. I plan on making Total Yoga Fire part of my weekly yoga practice for the challenge and to build additional strength. I normally practice for an hour a day, 6 days a week.

There is no razzle dazzle with Ganga and Tracey; voice-over cuing and that's it. The deep relaxation is greatly appreciated. I was quite fatigued by the end of the practice so was very glad to have a nice long relaxation! Ganga and Tracey have been teaching yoga for decades. I think they're great. I had the Total Yoga practices on VHS and got them when they came out on DVD. I also requested a book from the library that Ganga wrote, called "Yoga beyond belief".

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 09:11 AM  
laurajhawk

I really like Ganga and Tracy and I too haven't done Fire in years! Maybe I'll pull it out now that you've mentioned it, Betsy.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 10:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

For fans of Jill Miller, her tune-up therapy balls plus are a deal of the day at Mary's - $9.99.

Last night I got out Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief, the one with the chair. When this came out I was so disappointed because of the chair, which seemed cumbersome. I've done one or two sets subbing a bolster and blanket. Last night I opted for the Awaken and Energize practice, which you really must use a chair for, and got out the folding chair and just did it. Wow! Nice surprise. I see using this a lot in the future especially in the a.m.

And from the Gaia previews ahead of it - Rodney's Core Centered Yoga is on my wish list. Looks like a must have.
Old 02-28-17, 10:15 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Last night I got out Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief, the one with the chair. When this came out I was so disappointed because of the chair, which seemed cumbersome. I've done one or two sets subbing a bolster and blanket. Last night I opted for the Awaken and Energize practice, which you really must use a chair for, and got out the folding chair and just did it. Wow! Nice surprise. I see using this a lot in the future especially in the a.m.
I like this practice a lot; it's a favorite after AM Yoga for Your Week. And the 4th/bonus yoga segment (I don't use the meditation segment--I don't find Colleen's voice relaxing) doesn't use the chair.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 11:29 AM  
Cecelia

Quote:
Today I did a yoga practice I haven't done in years--Total Yoga Fire, by Ganga White and Tracey Rich. It is probably the toughest yoga DVD I have--75 minutes long, lots and lots and lots of vinyasas (chatturanga/updog/downdog). It's kind of like the Ashtanga first series in that there is a vinyasa between every side that is worked. For example, you do Warrior 1 with right leg in front, then vinyasa, then with left leg in front, then another vinyasa. I plan on making Total Yoga Fire part of my weekly yoga practice for the challenge and to build additional strength. I normally practice for an hour a day, 6 days a week.
I agree about how tough this one is. I haven't done it in a long time but I remember it because when it's time to do wheel, I always feel like I'm too tired and there's no way but then bam, I'm there. I guess it's the sequencing, which must thoroughly warm up and stretch just the right muscles. The first one in that series, Earth, was my introduction to yoga, and I consider it a personal gem. I bought it on VHS back in 2003, and after dabbling for years, I went to White Lotus to do my teacher training with them in 2014. Ganga's book, Yoga Beyond Belief, was required reading and I really liked his writing style and his philosophy as expressed in that book.
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 11:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I like this practice a lot; it's a favorite after AM Yoga for Your Week. And the 4th/bonus yoga segment (I don't use the meditation segment--I don't find Colleen's voice relaxing) doesn't use the chair.
Beth - I really want to like Colleen, I have a friend who loves her practices - but I agree about her inside voice.

Tags
amy weintraub, biff mithoefer, legs up the wall, namaste yoga, nirvair, yoga, yoga audios