Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-07-17, 05:44 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
It does smell like something, since it is not deoderized or refined (and truely doesn't have fragrance added.) I don't think it smells bad though. If you are shopping at WholeFoods see if you can get a staff member to open one to sample out...

I think back when I used Jessicurl, after shampoo/conditioner and a light towel dry (just a quick squeeze to keep from dripping everywhere), I applied Confident Coils Styling Solution (about a quarter size dollop), then followed with two or three puddles of Gelebration Spray (I found puddles applied by hand easier to work with than the spray bottle), then finished with a little scrunching. I didn't find the microfiber towel to help, and if anything, it seemed textured, and would break up curl formations more than my regular cotton terry bath towel. It may have been my towel though (I bought it from Bed Bath and Beyond.) I tried the Awe Inspiraling Spray on day 2 but never quite got the hang of it, and usually ended up with it tied in a bun or ponytail on day 2 and onward, so I tended to daily wash.
My Whole Wallet doesn't have Schmidt's. I first found it at Sprouts, which isn't on my normal circuit. I now mail-order it. I may give the unscented a try next time around as I tend to avoid fragrances.

The Confident Coils/Gelebration combo is what I used a couple of days ago when I washed my hair and it turned out fairly well. On day 2, the left side was straighter, so I did the Awe Inspiraling Spray with a little Gelebration and that helped. I have an old microfiber towel that I purchased years ago and have no idea what brand it is. I personally haven't found much - if any - difference between scrunching the excess moisture out with microfiber or cotton towels.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 06:27 PM  
videofit

HotandFlashy posted her Best Drugstore Makeup 2016.. She also has a high end makeup video.

If you are unfamiliar with her, she's a fifty something home exerciser (started with The Firm decades ago) and tries out hair stuff, face stuff, nonsurgical cosmetic procedures, fashion videos, food stuff. Lots of info. I've subscribed for years. Highly recommend. If you live in the Boston area, she sometimes has get togethers and also meets in NYC.
Old 01-07-17, 07:19 PM  
rheash92

Has anyone used Mad Hippie products especially the face cream? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 09:44 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

New products I tried in 2016 that I really like:

Trader Joes Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser, really glad I tried this on a whim. It has quickly become my favorite cleanser, I like it better than the more expensive cleansers including Paula’s Choice.

Andalou Naturals DIY Booster SPF 30 Facial Serum Unscented, best SPF I’ve ever used under makeup – light, absorbs quickly and doesn’t break me out.

Andalou Naturals Age Defying Revitalize Serum, also very light and absorbent and gets a high rating from Beautypedia.

CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing lotion SPF 30, this is too thick to use on my face, the Andalou Naturals is much better for that but I use this on my neck and chest every day (I live in a sunny climate).

Yes to Coconut Ulta Moisture Shampoo, just tried this recently, love the smell and it makes my hair feel sleek and shiny.

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Protein Hair Infusion, this is an intense conditioner I use right after coloring my hair and whenever my hair feels dry.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 10:49 PM  
BunnyHop

I was doing a closet clean out, and weirdly enough, found some packets of cassia obovata tucked in a box. Used to use it for hair treatments that don't change my hair color. I wonder if it's still good? Might have to give it a try, but honestly, I'm not wild about the mess.
Old 01-08-17, 09:26 AM  
Carol K

This is my communication from Paula's Choice sent on Nov. 19:
"Thank you for contacting us, we are happy to assist. We have a line of brand new foundations launching in Spring 2017. This is an estimated date, and it is subject to change. We are very excited about these, and we hope that you’ll love them!"

Ever since they discontinued their wonderful makeup line, they have been releasing limited edition makeup pallets and collections, none of which I have purchased. They seem to be releasing makeup just for fun instead of as a basic necessity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Rant alert: Paula's Choice is getting rid of their foundation. The All Bases Covered is the first and only foundation I have used with the exception of a short period when PC had production problems. I used MAC instead which I selected because I already used one of their concealers and I knew they would have a color that work. However I did not like the foundation. Too runny.

PC says they are discontinuing their makeup line and focusing on skin care. Yet they just released a set with eyeshadow and blush for on the go. I ranted to the rep on the phone and asked her for recommendations for foundation alternatives. She suggested Nars, Laura Mercier and IT Cosmetics products which I am sure are more expensive than the PC foundations.
She did say that in the spring they would be coming out with a limited run of a new foundation. This makes no sense. Why do a limited run of a NEW PRODUCT? Consumers would need to figure out the correct color before they purchased and then the product would become unavailable. Why not just keep their current foundations or do limited runs of them?

My other issue is that they could have sent emails to their regular customers alerting them that the products were being discontinued so they could stock up. Fortunately I have 3 tubes in my stash which should last me about a year. By that time maybe they will reverse this decision. It is possible that they may do this if enough people complain like they did for the moisture boost skincare line.
First world problem..trying to put into perspective.
Old 01-08-17, 02:18 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Has anyone used Mad Hippie products especially the face cream? Thanks!
I'm bumping this because I'm interested too.
Old 01-09-17, 11:21 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

beyond.omega - thank you so much for your post. I'm going to hold off on henna as my goal is to encourage my curls as much as possible and to steer clear of redness. I'm a dark brunette that is prone to brassiness.

killoffsonny and rheash92 - I use Mad Hippie face cream daily and I love it. I mix it with either the antioxidant oil or the vitamin C drops. I have been using those three products and the face wash for awhile and I think they have made a positive change in my skin. Prior to switching to Mad Hippie I was a loyal Paula's Choice user for many years. I am 49 and had frequent breakouts and enlarged pores while using PC products.I think the PC stuff was overstimulating my skin. After several months with Mad Hippie and Everyday Minerals foundation my skin looks much better and I have way less breakouts. The next thing on my list to try is their SPF cream. None of my local health food stores carry it so I think I'll just get it from Amazon.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 11:31 AM  
donnamp

Linda - thanks for sharing - we are the same age and have the same skin type so I was curious to hear how Mad Hippie worked for you!

I may have to break down and try it at some point -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 12:57 PM  
nuttymom

I started using Retin-a in 2016 again, after using it for acne when I was in my late teens/early twenties. It's been about 6 months so no huge results yet...Also started using essential oils on my face, for anti-aging. Just started that about a week ago so no great results there yet either.
nuttymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice