Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-17, 09:18 PM  
Garrie A.

Karen, I previewed the Mama Wants (not the Advanced) DVD this evening. It has three 20 minute circuit workouts. Each one has five cycles of one minute cardio, one minute strength,and one minute core (plus warmup and cooldown). Each workout uses a resistance tubing. From my preview, they appear to make nice add-ons, or string two (or all three) sessions together. The intensity level appears to be high beginner to intermediate. Three levels are shown throughout each workout. Lisa Druxman is the instructor.

They were originally advertised on a TV commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Gobth6P_s

The commercial makes them sound intriguing, but they're just circuit workouts.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-17, 10:11 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I never heard of Mama wants her body back so of course I googled it and wow bad reviews!!!! Pages and more pages of allegations of scams for automatic enrollment even if you check that you do not want to be enrolled, charges on your credit card and from your bank account! It seems our friend lucked out getting the dvds and not buying directly from the website!!!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 12:17 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
Karen, I previewed the Mama Wants (not the Advanced) DVD this evening. It has three 20 minute circuit workouts. Each one has five cycles of one minute cardio, one minute strength,and one minute core (plus warmup and cooldown). Each workout uses a resistance tubing. From my preview, they appear to make nice add-ons, or string two (or all three) sessions together. The intensity level appears to be high beginner to intermediate. Three levels are shown throughout each workout. Lisa Druxman is the instructor.

They were originally advertised on a TV commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Gobth6P_s

Thanks for the info, Garrie! I looked them up too and I think I'll wait until I can find them in a thrift store too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
I never heard of Mama wants her body back so of course I googled it and wow bad reviews!!!! Pages and more pages of allegations of scams for automatic enrollment even if you check that you do not want to be enrolled, charges on your credit card and from your bank account! It seems our friend lucked out getting the dvds and not buying directly from the website!!!
I didn't see all the bad reviews, but I'm not surprised.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 02:44 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Or, since I'm a guy, I call them "Uncle Garrie Wants His Body Back." I'm not a father (but I am an uncle). But the circuit format of them appealed to me, and I think the use of a resistance tubing would be nice for a change of pace from dumbbells.

All DVDs were $2.50.

Quote:
thanks for the reviews. i remember seeing these in thrift stores too - had never seen the infomercial.

spotted at the local used book/media store:
Breathless Body $9
Amy Bento Athletic Step Challenge $9
Amy Bento Body Box $9
Tracey Mallett FIT $9
KCM Body Shop $9

these titles led me to believe there's another vidiot in this town.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 04:41 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bzar, if it was me, I'd have probably got the last three on your list. I def. think there is another vidiot on your town!

I never heard of the workouts Garrie found either! I hope you'll enjoy them, they looked kinda good on preview!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-17, 11:28 AM  
lingo10

Found at local SA: Two of the Trudie Styler Yoga dvds, that she did years ago with Gaiam. Always wanted to try em, Both for $2. Cant go wrong!

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 11:01 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

spotted at Savers:

*4 step co. step risers - 99¢ apiece.
Tonya Larson DVD Step Pump $1.99
PJ O'Clair - Intense Body Blast Pilates 3 workout DVD $1.99
Cameron Shayne - Budokon Weight Loss System (2 DVDs, 1 CD) sealed for $4.99
The Firm Wave (didn't check the price)
Balance Disc - didn't have time to really check it out or the price

*these were pink and turquoise. topless. was very tempted to get maybe 1, or possibly rescue all 4. but i already have 4 risers! DH would scream if he saw me bring home more risers!

i didn't buy anything fitness related during this latest adventure. instead, i bought a Better Homes & Gardens Cookies for Christmas book.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 02:02 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
*4 step co. step risers - 99¢ apiece.

*these were pink and turquoise. topless. was very tempted to get maybe 1, or possibly rescue all 4. but i already have 4 risers! DH would scream if he saw me bring home more risers!
LOL at Goodwill yesterday, I saw a black/green club size Step with no risers. I just want the risers.

I don't remember the dvds, but they're always the same ones that I'm not interested in
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 07:31 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Jillian Michaels Killer Buns And Thighs

I'm not particularly a Jillian fan, but this morning I picked up Killer Buns and Thighs for a whopping $1.25, including tax. For that, I'll give it a try.

-------
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 04:21 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I'm not particularly a Jillian fan, but this morning I picked up Killer Buns and Thighs for a whopping $1.25, including tax. For that, I'll give it a try.

-------
YADeb
Great find!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie super walk kit, resistance booster cables, thrift store finds, walk-eat-lose, x-factor st