Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-13, 02:43 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
They rolled that back. Besides, a household can use a single account.
That's if you have a family membership, which was always extra $. DH is telling me he's not sure whether they will have that pricing option this fall. Another big issue is the Windows Media Center that comes with XBox now. I use this to play all my downloads on my TV through XBox. So I have, for instance, a folder for Ballet Body that contains all the downloads I own, on our PC upstairs, and I can access the files on any TV connected to an Xbox now. I'm going to be really angry if this goes away. We also use Windows Media Center as a DVR to record TV shows over the air and play back on the TV. There's been some kind of glitch this week where the shows are recording but I can't access the Recorded TV files through the Xbox anymore. Thankfully, the other files are fine.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-13, 02:58 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
That's if you have a family membership, which was always extra $. DH is telling me he's not sure whether they will have that pricing option this fall. Another big issue is the Windows Media Center that comes with XBox now. I use this to play all my downloads on my TV through XBox. So I have, for instance, a folder for Ballet Body that contains all the downloads I own, on our PC upstairs, and I can access the files on any TV connected to an Xbox now. I'm going to be really angry if this goes away. We also use Windows Media Center as a DVR to record TV shows over the air and play back on the TV. There's been some kind of glitch this week where the shows are recording but I can't access the Recorded TV files through the Xbox anymore. Thankfully, the other files are fine.
Oh, sorry. What I mean is the rules aren't changing. The family account structure was removed with the DRM. But anyone in a household can use a single account like it is now. The people in a household aren't restricted from using a family member's account not sharing a single gold membership. In any case, using facial recognition to restrict accounts was really hypothetical.

Media Center is one of its selling points. The only thing they haven't been clear about is DRM in TV and movies. I haven't paid much attention to it since we rarely use Xbox as an extender. My kid plays songs sometimes. We have a server and use other computers as extenders.
Old 09-28-13, 03:33 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
Oh, sorry. What I mean is the rules aren't changing. The family account structure was removed with the DRM. But anyone in a household can use a single account like it is now. The people in a household aren't restricted from using a family member's account not sharing a single gold membership. In any case, using facial recognition to restrict accounts was really hypothetical.

Media Center is one of its selling points. The only thing they haven't been clear about is DRM in TV and movies. I haven't paid much attention to it since we rarely use Xbox as an extender. My kid plays songs sometimes. We have a server and use other computers as extenders.
How are avatars and gamer points going to be handled if you have a single gold membership? Would everyone play under the same tag? I don't really care personally because the only game I play is Dance Central, and don't worry about points, but DH and DS might. The kids also like dressing up their avatars.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-13, 03:43 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
How are avatars and gamer points going to be handled if you have a single gold membership? Would everyone play under the same tag? I don't really care personally because the only game I play is Dance Central, and don't worry about points, but DH and DS might. The kids also like dressing up their avatars.
My family has more than one Xbox live account. Only one if those accounts is gold. There wasn't a need for more than one because the primary benefit is online game play. The teenager is the only one who cares about it. The girls can dress up avatars and play Dance Central without gold.

I'll need good to use the fitness stuff, so I'll borrow my son's account.

Tags
t.a., tracy anderson