Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-17, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

beyond.omega - thanks, I will put that on my list to try!! I did buy their shea butter moisturizer.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 12:44 PM  
CarlaVeg

Rodan and Fields

Hi ladies, have any of you used Rodan and fields? I tried the blue line for fine line and wrinkles and even though I liked it I didn't see results to justify the money. I am 40 and I have some lines in my forehead and smile lines. I heard though that their eye cream was great for dark circles, which is another area of concern for me. Anyone used it? Thanks!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 07:20 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
Hi ladies, have any of you used Rodan and fields? ...
I sampled their stuff a good many years ago, but it struck me as the sort of well marketed, over priced stuff that's better off avoided. For the money, you can get a larger quantity of the same sort of product, without getting involved in their marketing schemes.
Old 02-28-17, 12:23 AM  
Genevieve M

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to make hands stop looking so old. My hands are a little crepey. Thanks.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 02:19 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion for how to make hands stop looking so old. My hands are a little crepey. Thanks.
i noticed that when i drive, there's nothing to protect my hands from the sun. i put sunscreen on the outside of my hands.

i'm also considering wearing light cotton gloves when driving. i suppose you could wear other types of gloves too. but because it's always so sunny and hot over here, it could make your hands hot and sweaty too.

when i put on my daily suncreen on my face, i also put some on my left arm too since it's exposed to the sun when i drive.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 07:21 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i noticed that when i drive, there's nothing to protect my hands from the sun. i put sunscreen on the outside of my hands.

i'm also considering wearing light cotton gloves when driving. i suppose you could wear other types of gloves too. but because it's always so sunny and hot over here, it could make your hands hot and sweaty too.

when i put on my daily suncreen on my face, i also put some on my left arm too since it's exposed to the sun when i drive.
This!! I have a lot of "age spots" on my hands from this type of incidental sun exposure.

I have been trying the Skin Fix hand cream and it is nice.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 09:35 PM  
Castella

Sun coming in through the windshield and car windows really started bothering me last year. I got some Eclipse sun sleeves (I got them on Amazon). They are very light weight and moisture-wicking and comfortable to wear while driving. I got a zebra pattern for fun!

I've been using skin brightening creams and serums on my hands as well as on my face. It's impossible for me to keep sunscreen on my hands throughout the day.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 01:37 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
I have started having this problem for the first time in my life. This past month I have also been doing a lot of hard work with my hands, and I bought a thicker hand cream just to get some protection, and it seems to be helping the crepey-ness too. I have been using this Alaffia Coconut Reishi Hydrating cream, and got great results in just a little under two weeks.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 11:49 AM  
Harivelo

Olay Skin Advisor

Today I gave a try to Olay Skin Advisor. It is an online service that uses a smartphone to analyze how old your skin looks. The first step is to indicate your real age. Then you snap a selfie and answer a few questions. The results of my analysis say that I look 12 years younger than my age. My forehead is my best feature whereas my eyes need improvement.
I just wonder if they used non Caucasian subjects to develop this service. If not, these results should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 12:17 AM  
Leonana

I just bought the Skin Deva Vitamin C Serum. I really like it, it seems to give my face a brighter, smoother look. It has the same ingredients as the Timeless Vitamin C Serum, but for some reason Timeless did not work for me. I also like that the price included free shipping.

Tags
beauty thread, beauty tips, dr dray, hotandflashy, makeupalley, paulas choice