Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-03, 08:40 PM  
fitin2002

Looking for a challenging workout by Leslie Sansone

what are Leslie Sansone's most challenging and best workouts?
fitin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-03, 09:26 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Cool Leslie . . .

I have a lot of her tapes but the two I find most challenging are

3-Mile Power Walk
4-Mile Power Walk

The three mile uses hand weights quite a bit and the 4-mile is almost an hour of walking.

I just received Walk & Jog thru a trade but I haven't done it yet.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-03, 09:54 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Walk and jog is really, REALLY good. I just wrote a review of it today. Check out the bottom of the new reviews page.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-03, 11:58 AM  
Lenore Levine
VF Supporter

Weight Loss Walk

Weight Loss Walk is good because there's a little story to go along with the workout, and it's visually interesting. This makes it a lot more pleasant to do the tape regularly. Also, this workout is reasonably challenging if you do all three sections.
Lenore Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-03, 12:15 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk n Tone

I find this to be one of Leslie's most challenging. She uses the toning belt more than in any other workout I've ever seen.

With her original set, WATP's, the music wasn't fast enough to really get your heartrate up, and she didn't use the weighted balls that much.

WATP's for Abs was nice because the pace/beat of the music got you moving more.

But, I would still have to vote for Walk n Tone as being her most advanced because you never stop moving. You are doing much more arm movements, leg movements, etc.

You may be able to see a clip of this video at Collage's website. It's a bit older and production quality isn't the best, but I have used this tape more consistantly than any of her other ones. It's really great!

As far as devices go, I use a PowerBelt instead of her belt, and it is so much better! (See other Leslie thread or do a search for powerbelt.)

Pam
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-03, 01:37 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

123 Mile Super Fat Burning

I like Leslie's older tape 1-2-3 Mile Super Fat Burning Workout and find it pretty challenging for Leslie. The first mile is Leslie's usual beginners' pace but the last two are faster than usual. Mary Kaye, one of Leslie's instructors, teaches Mile 2 so you get some instructor variety and a little variation in steps. Leslie uses a toning belt in Mile 3 but I use soft wrist weights or nothing. This is also filmed in Leslie's very light and large living room. I think about 45 minutes.

I just bought and previewed but haven't yet done Fat Burning Walk, an older tape Leslie's former distributor has re-released. It looks very much like a 1990 tape but it includes a lot of jogging intervals also. Mary Kaye (with a bad perm) does it all low impact but still fast. Leslie keeps the steps especially simple for this. Total time about 45 minutes with the main workout about 30. It's labeled 4 miles but the tape doesn't mention milage. I found it at Suncoast Videos and Borders usually carries her tapes from this distributor
P.S. Forgot that after the walk on this last tape there is an additional 12 or 13 minutes of lower body toning, mostly traditional floor work with no weights. Total tape workout came to about 57 minutes.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-03, 02:10 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Another 4 mile Leslie

is Fat Burning (1999). At least, it might have been re-issued then. The same workout, maybe in 1990, had a different cover (a group of people) and a different title, which I can't remember. The current cover art shows Leslie alone, and there's a big 4 in the lower right. Leslie doesn't sell it anymore, but it's available at VideoUniverse, for under $10. It's similar to Walk & Jog, but longer, and after 45 minutes of intervals, there's a 15 minute glutes & abs toning section.

I see Karen Jo knows about this tape -- thank goodness Mary Kay didn't keep that perm!

I agree with all the above suggestions, & would add the 1996 Two Mile Walk -- that one is almost choreographed (by Leslie standards) and moves briskly.

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-03, 04:22 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I have the three mile Power Walk (which I love) and an older four mile walk. Does anyone know if the 4 mile Power Walk is available on dvd and if so, where?
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote