Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-03, 01:49 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Which OLD videos do you still do?

I just found a pile of really OLD videos (Jane Fonda's Light Aerobics & Stress Reduction, Kathy Smith's Ultimate Video Workout, Joannie Greggains tapes, Victoria Johnson, Buns and Abs of Steel, and original Fitball), and was deciding whether to keep them. I find that I mostly use the newest videos, with a few exceptions, such as the Firm Volume 1, MBS, Firm Strength, Cathe's step tapes, and Kathy Smith's Ultimate Stomach and Thighs.

Which are your favorite OLD videos that you still use?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-03, 02:15 PM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

Most of my videos are old videos ...

and I love them ! I was thinking about this the other day : it seems to me that in Europe, people value 'classics', things that have been tried for many years and found to be solid good, whereas in the US, more value is placed upon all things new. I am not saying it's bad or anything (I also get excited by new stuff !), but oldies definitely = goodies for me !

I do lots of Jane Fondas, Kathy Smiths, Karen Voights, even some Denise Austin and Richard Simmons (you guessed it, Sweatin' to the Oldies ). I have so many videos now that I am glad to say I'm not much tempted by the new stuff, my old stuff is solid gold.
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-03, 04:01 PM  
Lenore Levine
VF Supporter

Ultimate Stomach and Thighs

One old video that I do a lot is Kathy Smith's Ultimate Stomach and Thighs Workout. Very good exercises for the inner thighs.
Lenore Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-03, 05:07 PM  
Cheyenne Shaw
VF Supporter

ok noone laugh at me lol but for one of my "old" videos that I love is Cher Fitness w/ Keli Roberts, it gives me a good laugh and still gets my heart rate up :rolleyes:
Cheyenne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-03, 05:08 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

FIRM Volume 6. I love Jayne Poteet and wish Good Times would snag her for another FIRM workout.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-03, 05:16 PM  
jeanniem
VF Supporter

Firm classics. I still love all of them!
jeanniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-03, 05:24 PM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

Like the old ones

I like a lot of the old ones. I rotate all of Cathe's old step tapes, just to have something different to do once in a while. I also do Keli Roberts' Ultimate Step and Ultimate Circuit workouts quite often. Kari's Benchworks and Kathy Smith's Great Buns/Thighs step workouts are fun too! I don't do the classic FIRM's (even though I won't get rid of them) because they seem too unsafe and hokey compared to the Crosstrainers and newer stuff.

Sandi M
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-03, 05:28 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The oldest videos I have a Cathe's early step tapes and the Firm Tri-Trainers - none of which I've done in ages and ages. I really don't keep old videos once I get a bunch of new ones - although I should.

I do have some older videos that I traded for in order to show for fun at VF get-togethers. Cher Fitness, Maria Conchita Alonso, Kathy Smith something or other, Jane Fonda ....

Abbe - I wish you would have brought a Joannie Greggains video to Felicia's
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-03, 08:47 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I still do all my classic Firms from time to time.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-03, 10:16 PM  
Kristina361

I'm with the others that said Firm Classics - Firm's Volume 1 is what really started it with me in terms of intensity, and when I'm doing 4-12 weeks rotations, I'll always stick in a 2-4 week Volume 1-2-3 (with cardio on alternate days) rotation every 2-3 months.

The results are amazing with these tapes after doing heavier weight vids. Crosstraining is key I guess.
Kristina361 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oldies, vintage workouts