Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-20, 03:14 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

That's a good deal for Project You, jeannine. I keep thinking I should get the set, but then I only find it available in bits and pieces and for more than I'm willing to risk on a used version.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 08:01 PM  
fanofladyvols

I am currently crushing on Tom Holland and found The Abs Diet.

I also picked up a pilates dvd based on a recommendation here on VF... Kristin McGee's Weight Loss Pilates. Pleased with both purchases.

There were Core Rhythms, Gaiam pilates and random Slim series titles. I also saw some Hip hop abs DVDs. I have to admit I'm always mildly curious about the HHA workouts

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 08:56 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday, I found kettlenetics by Michelle Khai at Goodwill for $1.05. Four dvds and they look brand new. It says a 5 pound kettlebell is required, and I don't have a kettlebell, but I guess I can use a dumbbell. The description says it is unique, dance inspired exercise program with flowing moves. Sounds interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i saw quite a bit of other DVDs that i usually see (Winsor pilates, Rockin' Body (Shaun T), Turbo Jam, Tae Bo).
I see a lot of those at our Goodwills too. Along with a lot of Gaiam yoga and pilates dvds.
Old 10-25-20, 10:34 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I am currently crushing on Tom Holland and found The Abs Diet.

I also picked up a pilates dvd based on a recommendation here on VF... Kristin McGee's Weight Loss Pilates. Pleased with both purchases.

There were Core Rhythms, Gaiam pilates and random Slim series titles. I also saw some Hip hop abs DVDs. I have to admit I'm always mildly curious about the HHA workouts
Linda, have you listened to Tom's podcast Fitness Disrupted? I listen pretty regularly.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 06:24 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Linda, have you listened to Tom's podcast Fitness Disrupted? I listen pretty regularly.
Vantreesta,
Oh my goodness, nooo, I didn't realize! Thanks so much for telling me

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-26-20, 07:52 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Vantreesta,
Oh my goodness, nooo, I didn't realize! Thanks so much for telling me
I enjoy it although I have to admit, there are times his ego bugs me a little. But then I just listen to a different podcast for a day or two and then Tom is my friend again. I listen to several fitness podcasts but his is probably my most frequent. Hope you enjoy it!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-26-20, 09:29 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I enjoy it although I have to admit, there are times his ego bugs me a little. But then I just listen to a different podcast for a day or two and then Tom is my friend again. I listen to several fitness podcasts but his is probably my most frequent. Hope you enjoy it!
Lol, ok...maybe I shouldn't listen?? Haha

Old 10-26-20, 12:30 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Lol, ok...maybe I shouldn't listen?? Haha
It's really not that bad. I think it's more that he says things he's accomplished so you know his background and experience, but when I listen frequently I just get tired of hearing it and it feels like ego bc it seems like he's always saying it. He talks about some great topics so I highly recommend giving it a listen. And he doesn't swear, which I really appreciate. I listen to Mind Pump some too and get tired of all their off-topic talk and swearing. If anyone is looking for fitness podcasts, RAMP is another one I really like, and I don't remember any swearing on any episode and they stay on topic like Tom does.

Old 10-26-20, 02:28 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

found a sealed copy of the slim series cool it off. Not much in the way of workout DVDs in either of the thrift stores I visit.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 07:41 AM  
Sandrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Yesterday, I found kettlenetics by Michelle Khai at Goodwill for $1.05. Four dvds and they look brand new. It says a 5 pound kettlebell is required, and I don't have a kettlebell, but I guess I can use a dumbbell. The description says it is unique, dance inspired exercise program with flowing moves. Sounds interesting.
Hi, Sherry!
I may have been one of the few, but I really liked that set. It seemed to me to be a nice hybrid of dance-inspired moves and 4-limb. Michelle cued well, and demonstrated good form. And, yes, I think a dumbbell would work. IIrc, the main criticism of the set was that it wasn't a true kettlebell w/o. Good find!
Sandrine
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds