Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-20, 11:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

LOL Jeannine--I think it only happened the one time! I usually see the same types of things at sales (eg, Firm, Kathy Smith, etc.).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 11:02 AM  
Garrie A.

My local Goodwill opened up on Friday. I did see some fitness DVDs (Cathe Basic Step, a few Pilates DVDs), but nothing caught my attention.

Today while doing the first Total Yard Sale Mix of the season, I picked up a Shaun T Insanity Max:30 set for only $5! It included everything but a bonus disc and the nutrition guides.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 11:51 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Our Goodwills opened this week too, and I went yesterday. I saw a few fitness DVDs, not much of interest (although there was a whole Hoopnotica set!). I bought 5 books and 1 exercise shirt; the latter was brand new with tags on.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 12:14 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
thanks for the feedback. before purchasing, i had to make sure i didn't already have this one. then last night, i read VF reviews.
Actually, I think the practice I liked is led by Beverly. I have not done it in a long time. The instructor has short hair. Jean looks like the actress Roma Downey pre plastic surgery

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 03:12 PM  
Karla25

There’s a thrift store that sells the huge bottles of Dr. Pepper for $1.49. It’s significantly cheaper than what the convenience stores charge. So I stopped in to get one for my hubby today. Long line, so I browsed a bit. I spied a Malibu Pilates (MP) chair with no price tag. So I asked if I could get a price on it. Luckily, one of my favorite employees came over. She didn’t have a clue what it should be priced at, so I suggested $15.00. She priced it at $14.87! Thankful that I decided to be nice to my husband today!

I then remembered that I had rejected MP DVDs from another thrift store on Wed. and quickly headed back there. I ended up purchasing 3 sealed MP DVDs and 2 Pilates Pro Chair dvds for $8.00

Unfortunately, I’m not sure how the storage situation is going to work, but I couldn’t pass up such a fantastic deal!
Old 06-05-20, 03:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I spied a Malibu Pilates (MP) chair with no price tag. So I asked if I could get a price on it. Luckily, one of my favorite employees came over. She didn’t have a clue what it should be priced at, so I suggested $15.00. She priced it at $14.87! Thankful that I decided to be nice to my husband today!

I then remembered that I had rejected MP DVDs from another thrift store on Wed. and quickly headed back there. I ended up purchasing 3 sealed MP DVDs and 2 Pilates Pro Chair dvds for $8.00

Unfortunately, I’m not sure how the storage situation is going to work, but I couldn’t pass up such a fantastic deal!
i'm jealous! way to go! there's a pilates pro chair on CL in our city for $110, and i'm not sure if it includes the sculpting handles.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 03:37 PM  
Vantreesta

Awesome deal, Karla! I wish the thrift store I go yo would lower the price on the Pilates tower that they have had for many months!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 06:03 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Awesome deal, Karla! I wish the thrift store I go yo would lower the price on the Pilates tower that they have had for many months!
Ask them! Speak to a manager and them know it’s been out there for months and that you’re willing to purchase it at x amount of dollars. It won’t hurt you if they say no :-) If you approach them the right way, they will probably say yes. They’re a business and need to sell old inventory to free up additional space for new inventory.
Old 06-06-20, 07:35 AM  
Vantreesta

The trick is to find someone to ask! It seems like the only people I've seen recently is cashiers. But next time I go maybe I will just go ahead and ask. Like you said, worst that happens is they stand firm!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 07:41 AM  
sherry7899

I hope they mark it down . I am sure they could use the space. Good luck!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds