Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-22-20, 07:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I had a cupping massage after work so that took up my fitness hour, but I did start Lee Holden's Tao Yin on Glo in the morning. I liked it!

I have to get right to my horrible project. Everyone have a wonderful day and I'll catch up tomorrow!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have to post quickly today - running late!

Team Body Project - 30 Min Low Impact Cardio Workout - this was my first time doing a Body Project workout and it was enjoyable. Something different to throw into the routine!

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis

Will be back later for personals!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 08:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a Pahla B strength routine from youtube, a seated ab routine from Fabulous 50's on youtube and a 53 minute walk in the afternoon. Today I am planning a walk and maybe some PBL. I think it's the last day on my subscription with PBL.

I liked the 2 youtube routines I did, a little gentler than I'm used to but I think that's a good thing. I would try both instructors again. Actually I think I did do Fabulous 50s workouts before once or twice.

ROSE, very nice workout combo. Was the spandex tight in MR's workout?

Waves to DONNA & PAT.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 08:56 PM  
Rose

Hello!

1 mile walk, Qigong same as yesterday, Margaret 1116, and 15 minutes of Wii boxing- fun!
It was a good Margaret- Very Good music, static warmup, pushups, mat fir tris, back work was okay, hamstrings didn't go on too long & glutes on the mat. B+

Margaret was ahead of her time. Most of her techniques are the same as in the Physical therapy videos I've been watching. Her tiny glute raises vs powering up into bridge, the way she will touch the muscle you're working to help connect the mind to the body....all are things I'm seeing repeated in the PT videos.

Does anyone else find Margaret's glute raises hard? It's difficult for me to achieve her "back on the ground, tilt the pelvis up" instructions. I have to really focus on it.

Summer Breeze Fabulous 50's work is good. She's pleasant and real. And gentle is good!

Pat
A cupping massage- how cool. Did it hurt?

DonnaYou are an adventurous exerciser. Youtube has sure opened up the exercise world for us all.

Have a lovely evening!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning's workouts were:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Cardio & Strength
Jessica Valent - Booty Burner Workout & Strong Ankle, Hip & Knee routine

Yesterday evening I also got out for a walk w/ my doggie and DD.

I enjoyed Pahla - I guess I just identify with her - she is around my age and her b'day is also in early November, like mine! LOL! We also both have curly blonde hair and wear glasses (well, I wear contacts, too..but..) And, the way her hair is cut in this video is the way mine was cut before quarantine. Mine is now shoulder length. So it is just funny our similarities. I guess I just identify with her as to where she is in life....kids growing up and moving out (although mine is younger than hers...), etc.

I think Ellen is the person I aspire to be - she presents as always calm, centered and Zen. And while I would like to be that person, I'm not!! But Pahla just seems very real to me.

Anyway - rambling!

Gypsy Rose - I agree about MR! Jessica Valent's stuff has a lot of PT exercises as well, but it makes sense, she is a PT! I think many of Pahla B's workouts do as well - she tends to focus a lot on balance and glute/hip strength - which tends to be weak in all of us who sit all day.

Summer Breeze - Nice workouts!! I have yet to do a workout w/ Fabulous 50's I know she posted a 7 day challenge recently.

Waves, Pat - happy Friday!!

I am thinking of getting back into Classical Stretch for a bit. I don't know what it is about my mind - but CS/Essentrics is really helpful for me and I like it, but I tend to not choose it. I guess it is the issue of too many workouts, too little time. But I'm thinking along the lines of doing workouts that both feel good and are helpful - and CS fits that category.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-23-20, 08:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a core and more routine from PBL and a 54 minute walk in the afternoon. I think that was my last PBL for now anyway. I'm waiting to see if she does a BL sale. I am planning a walk today and maybe weights? Our weather has been cloudy and yucky but so far no rain.

ROSE, yes I do find MR's glute raises require a lot of focus. I love her form pointers though, so helpful.

DONNA, that's funny the similarities between you and Pahla. I thought her constant talking would drive me nuts but it really didn't. It kept the time moving along without my realizing it. I didn't even mind repeating the whole circuit of exercises and I usually can't stand repetition like that in a workout. I always think I should be adding more CS into my routine too but somehow I don't

Hi PAT.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-23-20, 08:38 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies!! I have today off - whew I needed a break. Yesterday once again all I had time for was an episode of Shakti Warrior. I got the lessons straightened out - lesson 1 is under the intro. Doh!

This week has me thinking that I might retire when I reach the "legal age." For now I'll just enjoy the day off. Sigh!

Rose - I'm LOLing over the tall buff blonde guy. I'm pretty sure his name is Joe. I love his smile! He's a good sport to be using those tiny dumbbells with all those muscles. Did MR have the mile wide hair? The cupping "hurt so good."

Donna I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Did the quarantine nudge you into liking the longer hair? I was going to go longer but my hairdresser and I had a miscommunication and once again she gave me a short bumpy bob.

Summer Breeze, I'll have to check out Fabulous '50s. I hope you have a nice walk today. I actually like walking in cooler, drizzly/cloudy weather.

TGIF!!!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jenny Ford - Zombie Step - my DD may be going to another horse show next weekend, which is Halloween, so I decided to get Zombie step in today, just in case I can't get to it on Halloween, LOL!

CS 1024 - this was all floor work.

I decided to get consistent w/ CS again. It makes a difference for me, yet, for some reason, it is hard to stick to. Since we are going to change the clocks next weekend, it is going to start getting dark earlier in the evening, so I was thinking of going for my walk mid-day and doing some CS in the evenings after work. That may help w/ being consistent.

Yesterday afternoon I did get out w/ my Golden.

Pat - nice to have a day off!! I had planned to grow my hair out a bit in January, but quarantine sealed the deal for me! LOL!

Summer Breeze - I thought Pahla's talking would drive me crazy, too, but it makes the time go by.

Waves, Gypsy Rose!

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!

Donna
Old 10-24-20, 09:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 49 minute walk in my favorite park in the next town and that was it. DD mentioned wanting to hike today and look at leaves but it's not a great day for leaf watching so we'll see if it improves.

PAT, hope you thoroughly enjoyed your day off!

DONNA, sounds like a good plan going forward with the time change.

Hi ROSE.

Have a great day!
Old 10-25-20, 07:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Simple, Essential Strength Training for Women Over 50
CS 1025

Nothing really remarkable about either workout - Pahla's was all strength, no cardio and CS was all barre work. Season 10 did all standing, all barre, or all floor for each episode rather than mixing it up.

Yesterday DD and i walked outdoors.

Today we're scheduled to volunteer at the horse rescue - it is going to be chilly and rainy though.

Summer Breeze - did you get to go hiking?

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

Tags
bobandbrad