Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-18-20, 10:18 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Hamelin D'abell Method - Classic arms & shoulders
Pilates Perfect Body with Suzanne Bowen: (Pilates Perfect Belly segment; Pilates Perfect Buns & Thighs segment)

Pam, I like your avatar!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 02:37 PM  
cyana

Ugh, I feel like a Total Fitness Failure this week. Definitely a hit and miss time with most of my work-outs being YT Team Body Project. And I'm getting ready to log in and start work today. Yippee.

Sherry - I used my porcelain muffin tins for the first time today and it was like night and day. The egg muffins came out easily and clean up was profanity free, LOL!!! I was really serious when I said I almost threw my muffin tins in the trash last time around. I had not heard of War and Treaty, so I looked up their web site and listened to their "Five More Minutes" song. Hopefully I'll remember to try and catch Austin City Limits. Thanks for the heads up.

Pam - Are you doing a trial of the regular Bellicon Home versus the Bellicon Live streaming? If it's regular Bellicon Home, how does it compare to when you had it previously? I let my subscription go last year, as they weren't posting enough new material and I wasn't blown away with some of the new instructors after Fayth had her baby. I don't know if you can still access the German side of the site from Bellicon Home, but I really enjoyed Daniel and also did several work-outs from Jana. Are those Sweet Legs tights you're wearing? I like your new picture.

Pat - OMG, I found myself seriously tensed up just reading about your near miss this week, so I can only imagine how your body must've seized up in that moment. I'm so happy you're OK.

Linda - Hope you and the man are having a great week-end and I 100% endorse turning off all the phones and computers. That would be my dream life right now......NO electronic devices.

Sandra - Boo hiss on the car issues. In my perfect world, I'd be able to take public transit everywhere that I couldn't walk. I'm so sorry your niece is still having difficulty with her ex.

Paine - DH brought home a package of Clorox wipes from Costco about a month ago, but I don't recall having seen Lysol wipes anywhere.

Beth - Ick on the frosty ground. It was chilly yesterday morning, but I admit to enjoying it after fearing I would spontaneously combust back in August! I'm glad to hear your new class is going well.

Anny - I had to look up your travel destination this week. I'm always good with being able to hear the surf crashing as I'm settling in to go to sleep. You'll have to let me know how you like the Mark Lauren program.....I checked into his programs last year when he was having a great special, but never bit for some reason. His approach made a lot of sense to me.

Donna
- Congratulations on FRA - I'm jealous!! I'd retire today if I was Medicare eligible. I'm glad you got to see your family. I haven't seen DS and DIL since March. DS is far more worried about making me sick than the other way around.

Waves to Garrie and Carolyn - hope you're both doing well.

Time to face the music and get to work.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 02:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I like your new avatar too! I did some of Heather R's kettlebell work today; I kept it limited because I could feel my back clenching up a little and didn't want to push it like I did last time.

cyana, sorry your workouts got off track this past week! And sorry that you have to work on a Sunday. Has the pandemic changed your work schedule at all? I know you were busy before!

Anny, I had Mark's Mobility Rx DVD for awhile, but I find the workouts a little too grueling! I like DocJenFit's mobility work on YouTube.

Waving to everyone else! Here was my week:

Monday
30MTF Kickbox - Workout #2
Yin YTT - Day 2 practice (after not liking other options I tried on YouTube)

Tuesday
TAUGHT at studio
Classical Stretch - 609, Shoulder & Stress Relief

Wednesday
6 mins of arm strength work (mostly on own after I started with Fabulous 50s and gave up!)
Ekhart Yoga (free online) - Vinyasa Flow for Relaxation with Rose
Fascia Fitness, the Missing Link (library) - Full Body

Thursday
no workout but fascial massage

Friday
Fascia Fitness, the Missing Link (library) - Hips

Saturday
TAUGHT yoga at studio
recumbent bike, 20 minutes
Fascia Fitness, the Missing Link (library) - Dance

Sunday
Heather Robertson (YT) - 24m Full Body Kettlebell Workout (2 rounds); 12m HIIT Upper Body with Kettlebells (1 round)
LoFi Yoga (YT) - Yin Yoga for Mid and Upper Back

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 08:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick post to say that our VF buddy JackieB is doing the 10 min mini stretch on the Classical Stretch Facebook page tomorrow. It’s live at 12:30 eastern time & it will stay up on the page for 24 hours. I’m excited for her!

I’ll be back later to check in.

ETA It is a public FB page so anyone with a FB account can access it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 10:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today:
~Bellicon Cardio Shape
~Essentrics Barre class on Band
~Neighbourhood walk
~Steps: 10,027

Thanks for the complements on my avatar. It is a bit fuzzy as I had to lower the pixels in order to download it. I took it on a whim in my little studio. The leggings are from Joe Fresh, not sure if you have that label in the US? They are very nice, a gift from my fellow Essentrics instructor & student, but the SweetLegs leggings are my fave as they are so soft and stretchy.

Cyana - I am doing a 7 day trial of Bellicon Home, the live site is not in my budget. I’m not sure I’ll bite on a sub, it’s okay. Seven days doesn’t give a lot of time to fully explore it. If they offer me a decent discount, as sometimes happens at this time of year, I might go for it. Fayth has some new workouts and a lot of her original ones are still there. I’ve enjoyed the workouts I’ve done so far, I’m mainly looking for indoor rainy day cardio. There are some German workouts there too, I haven’t delved into them.

Beth - It’s always wise to listen to your body & quit while you’re ahead if your back isn’t feeling quite right! Your massage sounds heavenly!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day!

I was so happy to get back in action yesterday. DH and I got back to our walking program with a two miler at the beach, stopping to rest on the benches and enjoy the views as needed. Afterward I ran to the gym for a super quick workout of back therapy, leg presses, chest presses and rows. Also a Rod Stryker yoga nidra before bed (Glo).

Beth, I can't imagine students not accepting you!

Pam
, you have convinced me to get the Shakti Warrior series. I can't turn down 20 minute workouts and the price is good. Nice avatar!

Cyana - sending hugs. It sounds like you're work level is interfering with your exercise desires. Thank you - whew - every day I'm thanking my guardian angels.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 09:38 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

From yesterday:

Soul Sweat with Lucy "breaking it down" 52 minute class. This one has great music-Beyonce, Sam Smith, Sia, Sinead O'Connor.

Yoga Ranger-Yin Yoga morning something...it was very nice

This morning I did a half hour Body Project HIIT class. I will try to do yoga later. Tomorrow will be a rest day, but I plan to do a yin yoga practice.

I will be back later-
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 10:11 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 913
Gentle Yoga with Jane Adams (Evening Relaxing Practice)

Pam, thank you for telling us about Jackie! That's exciting. I'm so proud of Jackie!

Pat, I love envisioning you walking at the beach with your DH.

Cyana, I would definitely buy Clorox wipes if I could find them anywhere. I haven't found any brand of disinfectant wipes.
Old 10-19-20, 10:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Paine - I loaded some photos from my walks to my profile page.

Your workouts sound very nice Sherry.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 11:40 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, I loved your beach photos! So beautiful.