Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-19-20, 08:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a couple of PBL routines and a 55 minute walk. PBL was waist trimming with light weights and a clam routine. I have some nice glute DOMS today just from 8 minutes of unweighted clams. She works you good that Lisa.

ROSE, looks like a couple of really good exercise days for you.

Waves to PAT & DONNA.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a full day at the horse show w/ my DD. She did pretty well, she placed 8th and her horse was well behaved, which is not usual for him, LOL! He did kick her at one point though so she has a big bruise.

Anyway...today was:

Pahla B - Knee Friendly Cardio - I wasn't sure what I wanted to do this morning and decided to go w/ Pahla for her basic workouts and her positive personality. This was a typical routine from her, but still, fun to do.

Moving Mango - a new-to-me Pilates channel. I tried her Day 1 of her 90 day Fall Challenge today. The full workout is 1 hour, but she has it broken into two parts, so I did the first part. It was a nice practice. She seems to be nice and calm and encouraging. It makes me wonder, how would I feel if I did 90 days of Pilates in a row?

Gypsy Rose - that is good that Margaret is adding some new seasons to her streaming platform

Summer Breeze - agreed, that is a lot of swings!! LOL!

Pat- Happy "Moan" day!

I'm getting a flu shot later today - hopefully I will not feel too bad tomorrow. I do tend to not feel well afterwards. I'm taking ibuprofen 2 hours before and then 2 hours after - maybe that will help. I did that last year and it worked pretty well. The year before I got so sick from it - though.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 08:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I finally got back in the groove yesterday. DH and I walked at the beach, then I ran to the gym for a super quick workout of my back therapy, leg presses, chest presses and lat pulls.

Summer, we got rain but not as much as we need. Those Pilates clams are sneaky! All of a sudden you're GASP I can't do one more!

Donna, how was your DD's horse event? What fun! I will have to check out Moving Mango, maybe she will have some shorter sessions for me. Good luck with your flu shot.

Rose, it's good to hear MR is still uploading practices to the website. Is that qigong late summer purge on YoQi?

Well - Happy Moan Day! I better hit the decks.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 06:52 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!
2 mile walk, Margaret 1506- pecs, back, outer thighs & quads (lunges w/weights). YOQI Late Summer Daily Balance. Some house walking in the evening.

Margaret has interesting taste in music. Yesterday's episode had Streisand, Barry Gibb and Michael Bolton. Today, the whole episode was guitarist Johnny Lang. It's good to get out of a musical rut.

I'll probably not do the YOQI episode again. It was the perfect length, 24 minutes, and it started off with good movement. But there was an 8 minute standing meditation with arms in various positions over the heart. I can't do that. I have a problem with my blood volume and if I stand too long, especially with arms overhead, I'll faint.

Donna-How was the flu shot? I still have a bruise from mine but no illness. Hope you are feeling well.

Summer BreezeAny other ideas after Pilates By Lisa?

PatYou are definitely back in the groove with that workout. How is it going at the gym? Are people behaving?

Have a lovely evening.

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 07:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster - we had a plumbing issue that needed to be addressed ASAP (our pressure tank was leaking) so in between trying to work I was trying to find a plumber who could come ASAP. My regular plumber couldn't make it, my back-up plumber (family business) was on vacation...so I just kept calling and reading Google reviews until I found someone - who was good, prompt and reasonable! We got a quote from him for some other work we need to have done - so maybe the silver lining is that I found a good and affordable plumber. My regular service is good, but they are pricey - this job would have cost at least 1.5/2X what we were charged from the new place.

Then, I had to go get my flu shot.

Since I always feel a bit off after the flu shot I took it easy today -

Jessica Valent - Gentle Pilates - one of her newer workouts. It slower moving and good for beginners.

I was going to so something else but my arm hurts to lift and I just generally feel draggy today.

I have an eye appointment this afternoon - so after that I may go out for a walk since I expect to be feeling better!!

Gypsy Rose - I have trouble standing in one place as well - it mostly just makes my back hurt. Could you do the meditation seated in a chair or lying on the floor? Flu shot was not too bad - just an achey arm and some body aches. I took ibuprofen before and after - so that probably helped. One year I got so sick from it - but so far so good this time!

Pat- good workouts!! Moving Mango has some nice looking Pilates. Some are longer and some are in the 15-30 min range.

Waves, Summer Breeze!

Donna
Old 10-20-20, 08:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Aah, last night was the third of four Zoom yoga classes on the psoas.

Donna what a royal pain. That stuff seems to happen "right on time" - NOT. I hope your arms feel better soon.

Rose - Margaret doing lunges with weights sounds pretty unexpected! Thanks for summarizing that Yoqi practice - that standing with the arms is not for me. I have Lee Holden's practice for bone health, and it's a wonderful medical qigong / visualization routine, but I don't do it often enough to get results because so much of it is just standing with the arms held out at varying levels in front of the torso. It really aggravates my scoliosis.

Good morning Summer! Hope all is well by you.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 09:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a live mini stretch on Essentrics FB page, a PBL arm routine with the resistance band and a 53 minute walk.
I slept poorly last night so I may just do a walk for today and no add-on. I'll see how the day goes.

ROSE, another interesting MR in the books for you.
I never have a set schedule for workouts outside of my outdoor walks. I am thinking more weight work when Lisa is finished, maybe some KCM and MR. Oh, I also ordered Cathe's new Perfect 30 which is due this week or next. I don't know why I keep ordering Cathe though because I rarely do her workouts

DONNA, ugh sounds like a stressful day. I hope you feel better. Good luck at the eye dr appt.

PAT, sounds like an enjoyable yoga class.

Old 10-21-20, 08:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling better after my flu shot - other than my arm being sore - but better than yesterday. So, glad that is over and my eye appointment went well, too.

Last night DD and I took a short walk w/ our Golden. Our Lab really can't do the walks anymore....

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - 21 Day Program - Low Impact HIIT walk

Moving Mango - 90 Day Pilates Challenge Day # 1 - Part II - this was mostly side lying work w/ some planks and swimming type exercises thrown in for good measure.

Hopefully an outdoor walk later today.

Summer Breeze - I quite on Cathe awhile ago, just too much dread association, LOL! I do wonder about these 30 min workouts though....I almost considered them.

waves, Pat and Rose!

Donna
Old 10-21-20, 08:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 54 minute walk in the lovely balmy weather and that was it. I am planning a walk today and maybe some weight work.

DONNA, glad you're feeling better and all went well with the eye appt. Dread is the word with Cathe, too much equipment, too long, too grueling. I don't know why I keep purchasing. I think the 30 minute format got me but it's still Cathe hard I'm sure.

Waves to PAT & ROSE.

Old 10-21-20, 07:21 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!
No exercise yesterday,not even a walk.

Today was a 2 mile walk, 15 minute house walking to music, 60 wall push ups throughout the day, Margaret 1509 and YOQI Love Connection (not sure what it was called).

Oh, this had to be one of my favorite Margaret's. It's from 1989 and it was included in her 'Very Best Episodes'. Everyone was in TIGHT spandex including a tall, buffed, blonde young man. The camera lingered on him quite a bit. Did I mention the spandex was tight? Back to the workout- very fun from the warmup to the cool down. Unweighted delts similar to Tracy Anderson, standing obliques, outer & inner thighs. A good & fun workout.

The YOQI was also one of my favorites. 25 minutes in length, lots of standing movements and beautiful scenery. The theme was letting love into our hearts. Grounding, purging, imagining, laughing, flowing...they were all done in less than 1/2 hour and it also felt good.

Off to watch a documentary on David Attenborough....enjoy the evening!
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad