Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-19, 11:50 AM  
Fidget Queen

KineticFlix.com

So, I read a couple of years ago that it was closing down, but apparently never FINISHED the thread that somebody took over the business. It's still going! I would have tried it before if I hadn't thought it was no longer around.

Anyway, for anyone who is interested, they rent DVDs like Netflix does.

I'll be signing up as I'm kind of starting fresh and would like to try stuff before I commit to buying to make myself feel better and motivated . I just found them today - then I searched them here again, thinking I remembered they closed. Sure enough, I found the same post talking about them closing and AGAIN didn't finish the thread. I immediately emailed them asking to buy DVDs if they still happened to have them. I received a quick response that they were indeed still open - went back to the thread. And yeah. Haha. This is what we get for only reading the headlines, right?
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 11:56 AM  
sherry7899

Welcome back! I hope you find workouts that are motivating and enjoyable.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 02:33 PM  
Mickey12

I didn't know a company like this existed - that you rent fitness DVDs. The idea is to try them to see if you like them before you buy them? They don't actually sell DVDs, though, right? Only rent out?

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 03:26 PM  
Fidget Queen

Correct. They don't sell stuff. I only contacted them about selling because the previous owner was going to sell her stock when she thought nobody would buy her out and continue.

The other way it could work is that you use the DVD for awhile until you simply don't want to anymore - never having to buy at all. Three plans so you can get 1, 2 or 3 DVDs at once. Most of us get bored of them after a bit anyway, so it kind of works out. Especially for my mindset lately. Classical Stretch and some Callanetics seems to be the only thing I consistently use these days.

It'll be fun for awhile, anyway
Old 05-01-19, 03:27 PM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Welcome back! I hope you find workouts that are motivating and enjoyable.
Thank you!!! I'm hoping to be consistent again. And maybe post consistently again. We'll see
Old 05-02-19, 12:21 PM  
dianestjohn

I've been a member of Kineticflix since before the ownership change and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. They have a huge variety of dvds to choose from, the price is reasonable (I get 2 at a time), their customer service is excellent - if I say I returned a dvd they believe me, if I say a dvd is scratched they offer to send another copy and they send me the next one on my list right away. I get new dvds within a very reasonable period of time. Highly recommend this company. I was so sad when the prior owner said she was discontinuing the company and was so happy when someone else took it over
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 03:00 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I've been a member of Kineticflix since before the ownership change and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. They have a huge variety of dvds to choose from, the price is reasonable (I get 2 at a time), their customer service is excellent - if I say I returned a dvd they believe me, if I say a dvd is scratched they offer to send another copy and they send me the next one on my list right away. I get new dvds within a very reasonable period of time. Highly recommend this company. I was so sad when the prior owner said she was discontinuing the company and was so happy when someone else took it over
I agree with everything Diane said. I've also been a member for many years and love how many fitness DVD's they have and how good the customer service is.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 11:14 PM  
jusca

Bumping an old thread...

Is KineticFlix still around as of 2020? I see their website is no longer loading. Are they permanently closed or just until the pandemic is under control?
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 11:26 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
Bumping an old thread...

Is KineticFlix still around as of 2020? I see their website is no longer loading. Are they permanently closed or just until the pandemic is under control?
They are having technical difficulties and trying to get it fixed. She said she'll refund for however long it's down. I think it's been down for about a week at this point.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 11:31 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
They are having technical difficulties and trying to get it fixed. She said she'll refund for however long it's down. I think it's been down for about a week at this point.
Thanks for the info! I haven't checked them out in a while and happened to think of them just when they are having website troubles. Good to hear they are still going! I hope it's up soon.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kinetic flix, kineticflix, kineticflix.com