Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-03, 05:08 PM  
Vanity68

I love my Winsor Tapes but

I also tack them on after say an hour on the treadmill...this way I know i did cardio and now i can lenthen and stretch....she doesn't bother me at all..but everyone is different..I did not care for Stotts advanced matwork...bored me to tears..Sasha
Vanity68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-03, 09:47 AM  
Mike Zen

Moving on...

Leela..I don't blame you. I am a sucker for infommercials too.

Kim - Thanks for the Hilary Burnett recommendation. I am quite excited to read in another thread that Ana Caban is out with a new tape Pilates for Abs and have posted a query on where to get it. I will be looking out for the Hilary Burnett tape.
Mike Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-03, 12:30 PM  
Aline

I echo that you might like Hilary

as points of reference:

Like Mike, I *hate* Mari's style.

I am neutral about Moira Stott and Ana Caban.

I sort of like PJ OClair (who tag-teaches some of the ball tapes w/ Moira, I prefer when she talks and Moira demos than vice-versa.

I sortof like the Jillian Hessell tape that I have, good explanations and a bit innovative, but too long with too much wasted time. Hmmm, maybe that's because of all the good explanations.

and I *love* Hilary's style (and the contents of her int and adv tapes and the fact that they are short and move quickly)
Aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-03, 05:19 PM  
Lenore Levine
VF Supporter

Everyone is right.

I suspect both the people who don't like the Winsor tapes and the people who do are right. Aside from natural variations in individaul preference, the people who like these tapes and the people who don't like them are talking about two different things.

The people who don't like these tapes are talking about the pushy, infomercial-style presentation. The people who do like them are talking about the exercises, which may indeed be very good.
Lenore Levine is offline   Reply With Quote