Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-03, 08:25 PM  
verygentlebreezes
VF Supporter

Another SFer

I'm in SF too. I'll definitely keep an eye on the Cardio Classic in March. Never been before. Could be fun.
Linda
verygentlebreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-03, 08:57 PM  
Celia M

Here's a link

If you want to find out more about the Cardio Classic, here's the link...

Cardio Classic Mania

Another option if you want to try a class but don't want to sign up for the whole thing... there are masterclasses on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights that you can pay for separately. Patrick Goudeau, Helen Vanderburg, Jay Blahnik, and Rob Glick are teaching some of them... they aren't cheap, but may be worth a look!
Old 02-07-03, 05:21 AM  
Lenore Levine
VF Supporter

I'm here.

I'm here in Campbell. However, I wouldn't be up to a class or big group expedition, because I'm currently on chemo. I can do light tapes. However,I'm sort of weak, I have no hair, and there are, uhm, other unpleasant physical manifestations. But if one person wants to pick up some of my SASE tapes for the group -- or other tapes to borrow -- I can work that out.
Lenore Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-03, 09:42 AM  
goldenphoenix

Hi,

I hope your chemo is going well. I have an aunt who just finished her chemo a couple of months ago, and she is doing great. So hang in there.

BTW, I live near Oakridge mall. I guess you're the closest Vfer to me.
goldenphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-03, 01:38 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

I'm now in Berkeley. Although I don't know how much money I can spare for the convention or other purchases at that time :rolleyes:, I'll consider getting over to the get-together in March. I'm quite backlogged in my reading on some forums, including VF News and Events, but will watch out for any threads about the get-together.

Even if we can't get together (Lenore, hope you're OK), threads like these are interesting. As good as it is to know that VFers are around the world, it's also good to know that VFers are close by too.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-03, 03:12 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I'm in Danville, and as much as I'd love to go to the expo, my weekends are getting out of control.

Hang in there, Lenore!
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-03, 10:06 AM  
Sandie A.
VF Supporter

bay area vfer

Hi everyone! I'm here in Redwood City and have done a couple VF get togethers over the years! I am definitely interested in going to Cardio Classic again--probably just to check out the expo. It was great fun last time with Christi Taylor and all the VFers!
Old 03-16-03, 12:36 AM  
BeckyG
VF Supporter

I'm in San Jose too!!

Hi goldenphoenix-- You posted several months ago, so I hope you see this -- I live in San Jose and would love to trade tapes/DVDs.

I'm visit the videofitness boards in waves, sometimes I check four times a day, and sometimes I go for a couple of days without checking in. I wish I had seen your post sooner!

I have a pretty good collection of Cathe, Kari, FIRMS (older ones preferred) and CIAs.

Becky
BeckyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-03, 01:36 AM  
knitter_mom

I'm in San Leandro, which is south of Oakland in the East Bay. I was thinking about attending the Cardio Classic, but the price is a bit too high, especially after taking the BOSU plunge. Is the Expo part free? (I guess I should go and check the News and Events board...).

I'd be up for a get-together too!

Kris
knitter_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-03, 11:55 AM  
Celia M

The Expo is free!

Kris, I hope you'll meet us at the Cardio Classic. The Expo is free, and often you can get good discounts. I'm especially looking for a deal on some of the new BodyBar DVDs.

I'll be posting about a lunch get together on Saturday over at VF News & Events. Hope you can make it!

(P.S. I'm a knitter, too!)