Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-04, 09:27 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Yamuna Body Rolling - Wow!!!

I bought the $49.95 basic back set and tried it last night. All I can say is WOW!!! My hamstrings and hips have been very tight lately and I haven't been able to get into yogic squat - well, after doing the back video (which really helps hips & hamstrings too) I was almost doing my old squat. I felt so relaxed as if I had done a wonderful yoga practice followed by a massage. I can't wait to try it again tonight!!!
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 09:30 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I took a class with her and it was tough. I liked her. I wanted to buy her workouts, but they were only VHS at the time.

Are they on DVD now?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 09:38 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

No, that's why I only bought one. I wonder if they're going to be released in dvd. If they are, I'll for sure buy them all. I can't believe how great I still feel this morning!!! I would love to take a class - I should go to NYC. You know, I had read her ads in Yoga Journal (?) for a long time and always thought that it was hype - boy was I wrong.

One thing I should disclose to VFers - I have VERY tight muscles, so if you're already of a more relaxed nature, you may not find body rolling such a wonderful surprise!

ETA- I called Yamuna and they are releasing all except the basic back one on dvd in a few weeks. Once they have them, and price them, they'll be on the website. I can't wait!
Old 11-30-04, 10:21 AM  
Kimberly33

Barb, thanks for reporting on this! I've had her book for AGES, but haven't been able to bring myself to do it. I'm looking forward to the DVDs!

You might find the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook interesting. It's more focused on addressing particular tightnesses, but I have a feeling that the two would compliment each other really well.

Kimberly

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 10:31 AM  
Sophie

thanks for the report! I have been in touch with a Yamuna teacher a few hours from here. I don't know if I'll be able to see her but I was at least thinking of getting the kit. I'm glad it seemed to help you.

Do you mind me asking specifically what your kit came with? I'd like to get a better idea of what to order....

(PS an enthusiastic "I second that!" for Kimberly's book recommendations. Between her and Katie W I was convinced to get it and it helps tremendously. My PF has improved significantly using the techniques in it)

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 10:41 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Kimberly! I looked at the website that you posted over at the endurance ckeck in and found it fascinating. I guess I'll have to buy the book too!!! I particularly found the calf trigger points (massaging your calf with your knee) to be helpful for my feet.

Sophie: the kit came with a red ball, an air pump, two pink "foot" balls, the basic back video and a carrying case (drawstring bag). It was so totally worth the $49.95 plus $9.95 shipping. I bought it from the Allaboutmassagers.com website and received it in about a week. I really should try a class - I only live about an hour from NYC and never get in there.
Old 11-30-04, 10:44 AM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly33
You might find the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook interesting. It's more focused on addressing particular tightnesses, but I have a feeling that the two would compliment each other really well.

Kimberly
I heartily second this! This book has saved many a day for me.

"You must do what you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 10:44 AM  
new2me

The easily enabled.....

would like a website please!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-04, 10:47 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Hey Donna:

I ordered from www.allaboutmassagers.com. Yamuna's website is www.Yamunabodyrolling.com.
Old 11-30-04, 10:58 AM  
new2me

Hi Barb! This looks like something that might help me! I have very stiff/sore neck and upper back muscles...my chiropractor can barely get me adjusted anymore...and the regular deep tissue massages every couple of weeks or so aren't often enough to help much in that area...maybe I could supplement all that with this.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl soleway, stomach massage, yamuna, yamuna ball substitutes