Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-20, 04:28 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
It would be good if she offered streaming of the new workouts, rather than digital download. Even though computers have a lot of storage these days, I wouldn't want to use up so many GB for workouts. I normally do her workouts in my workout room using a TV, so I prefer to use my DVD player or stream.
I put all my Cathe Live downloads on a USB drive that I keep plugged into my TV — a much better option for me than paying for streaming.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 04:36 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
The downloads don't have premixes, correct?

I've always ordered dvds, never dvds + downloads. I'm curious to the advantages of ordering both since it's the same workout and the downloads don't have premixes. I'm wondering if I should order dvds + downloads or just dvds. TIA!
Ditto! Do any of the downloads have premixes? Bonuses?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 04:54 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I ordered the DVDs and downloads for Step Boss for the first time ever. There are no premixes on the downloads, but the bonuses are included.

I liked being able to do a workout (or two) before the DVDs arrived at my home, so that is really an advantage to me. Plus you can wait to order and still get the downloads at the same time as everyone else who ordered sooner. I have them stored on a USB drive along with my Cathe Live download purchases. I haven't decided if I want to order both DVD and downloads this time, or to instead order one of the (very) few Cathe workouts that I don't already own to get the free shipping. I have been into the premixes particularly for the last several series, so I will definitely order the DVDs. I would like premixes on these to make them longer if I choose or maybe to combine them in a different way.

I am very excited to see new workouts from Cathe so soon! I think that including fewer DVDs in the series means they can be released quicker and I'm glad she is doing that as opposed to the 12 DVD series that took the better part of a year from start of preorder to finish.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 05:40 PM  
pgun3

I am not liking that they are advanced....I would not do the Hiit, I hate that LOL
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 05:43 PM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
The downloads don't have premixes, correct?

I've always ordered dvds, never dvds + downloads. I'm curious to the advantages of ordering both since it's the same workout and the downloads don't have premixes. I'm wondering if I should order dvds + downloads or just dvds. TIA!
When Cathe started offering dvds + downloads, I bought them because the price was reasonable, and I was hoping one day to have the opportunity to use the downloads more often.

At home, I always use the dvds for the premix options, but I find I use the downloads quite a bit! I use them mostly when I travel. I can either save them to my cloud or put them on a USB to have access to Cathe workouts no matter where I go.

Lately, I have been using the downloads at work on my computer. I have a few hours to kill between schools. Instead of trying to find a gym to join or skip my workout completely, I bring a change of clothes and do a workout in my office. It is very convenient!

One other time I used my downloads was when our DVD player wasn't working. I was so thankful I had downloads to use! It made me wonder if one day, they will stop making dvd players...I'll still have my downloads!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 06:04 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
I am not liking that they are advanced....I would not do the Hiit, I hate that LOL
I wouldn't do Perfect HIIT nor yoga-based Perfect Flow which would only leave the Perfect Pump DVD. The fact alone that they are advanced, mean they're most likely not for me. I find ICE and LITE series plenty advanced for me and in Cathe's world they're intermediate. I'll pass but I love to read about people's excitement for this new set.
Old 01-14-20, 06:05 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Anyone see Kelly Coffey Meyer's post on Facebook? First she posts "Hmm" and that's it. I knew it was about this new series. Then she posts another thread saying "The ORIGINAL 30 Minutes to Fitness since 2005". I don't think Cathe is trying to compete with her. I just thought it was unnecessary.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 06:07 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Crap, already??? Another preorder! Cathe, dang you, I love you and hate you for this! I'll probably cave at some point soon...but I will want free shipping so I guess I need to figure out what older DVD of hers I simply MUST have, sigh....
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 06:17 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I wouldn't do Perfect HIIT nor yoga-based Perfect Flow which would only leave the Perfect Pump DVD. The fact alone that they are advanced, mean they're most likely not for me. I find ICE and LITE series plenty advanced for me and in Cathe's world they're intermediate. I'll pass but I love to read about people's excitement for this new set.
yea this set is definitely a hard pass for me
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 07:22 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Anyone see Kelly Coffey Meyer's post on Facebook? First she posts "Hmm" and that's it. I knew it was about this new series. Then she posts another thread saying "The ORIGINAL 30 Minutes to Fitness since 2005". I don't think Cathe is trying to compete with her. I just thought it was unnecessary.
So does Kelly think anyone who does 30 minute workouts is copying her? wth? I've been a Kelly fan for awhile but this just sounds petty, and, as you said, unnecessary. People can be fans of both instructors and there's no need to create animosity.

As far as Cathe's Perfect30, I'm all in, just deciding what format(s) I want.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe perfect30, perfect 30, perfect30