Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-22-19, 11:14 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Porter View Post
If you have access to a spin or stationary bike, you could do that (just don't do any out-of-the-saddle work).
Oh...I thought riding on a bike would be the last thing I should do!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-19, 12:04 PM  
suzanne63

Hi I hope your ankle feels better soon.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-19, 10:53 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
It happened around 4:00 Thursday...while doing a warm-up for a workout DVD (cruel irony). I took a wrong step on my left ankle, lost my balance and fell on my right side. It hurt a bit but I didn't think too much of it...

...until I went to work the next morning, when I saw that it swelled up, and I felt more pain and couldn't put much weight on my left foot. I worked all day and then went to the doc-in-the-box (immediate care ), where I got x-rays, confirmation of a sprain of the deltoid muscle, and a brace to wear (not a boot).

I took Advil and did the RICE thing on Friday...since then I've mainly just kept it elevated since the swelling has gone down (but there is still some) and it's not hurting that much.

I have been taking 1500 mg of glucosamine for several years now, but it's hcl, not sulfate.

I think I've covered everything. Ms. Omega, I just PM-ed you.
Just replied to your PM. Sounds like you are doing everything right. I think you should still take it easy for two weeks from injury, then work you way back. If you can, maybe get in to a PT. They might be able to speed things up. After my third 3rd-degree sprain, I got in to a good PT who helped me with some advanced exercises (that we didnt do after the other sprains). But while working with them, I re-sprained it, but not as serious, as I was walking on snow. They were able to get me going after one session of special exercises and additional therapies (a little manipulation and ice therapy).
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-19, 03:52 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and advice!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-19, 12:03 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Not sure if this would work for your situation, but Pahla Bowers has quite a few seated workouts on her YouTube channel. I haven't done any, but tucked that bit of information away in case I'm ever in the same situation...I hope you're doing better soon!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foot injury, injuries, injury