Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-19, 10:38 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Cathe has been in the fitness industry for a long time. Her fans are growing old. I noticed this looking at her Chicago Trip pictures. She does what sells. I think she still does high impact though...
Yep, count me in "the getting older" Cathe fan club.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 12:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I think Cathe does a pretty good job of mixing familiar moves in different patterns. I have plenty of older Cathe workouts that are high impact (just did Maximum Intensity Cardio in its entirety yesterday) so I can mix it in when I have the urge. I also tend to add impact to some of the low impact moves that Cathe does in the latest workouts so I can make this work depending on how I feel when I do it.

I ordered the DVDs and the downloads. Looking at being able to use the downloads when I travel, and I've never ordered them before so I'll see if they work for me. Since I pay no shipping they only are about $10 so not too much money to find out if I will use them.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 04:34 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I think there are other new, young instructors that do high impact, high intensity. Mike Donavanik comes to mind...?
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-19, 09:32 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Finally preordered these, mostly because of the low impact IMAX. Agreed with others that Cathe's low impact is definitely not my low impact!

But I've been modifying Cathe's higher impact stuff for a few years now, which has been pretty easy to do since she typically uses a 4 count so I just keep the count the same but do something else for the high impact stuff.

I also just wanted to keep supporting her, as I've been with her since the early 90s unconditionally!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 10:03 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Current Step Boss Pre-Sale Prices End Soon

Per Cathe's Monday Newsletter today:

Quote:
Just a reminder that our current Step Boss pre-sale prices will come to an end on June 7th. To get our lowest price on Step Boss make sure to order now by clicking on the red button below.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 11:04 AM  
bubbles76

Surprising myself, but I'm not preordering. Although I was really excited to hear about her continuing step, I think I have enough of her offerings. For the future, I'm sticking with what I'm sure I don't have in my collection. I am debating getting 3 Lauren Brooks dvds, which would be different for me
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 01:21 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I preordered today, dvd's only. I thought about the downloads, but I have my plate full with vhs conversions, etc. I don't need any more complications, plus I'd probably never use the downloads. I have been with Cathe since Mega Step Blast, & I'm glad she's still making dvd's. Now, I have to hunt down the thread regarding Kelly Coffey's upcoming presale!

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 05:40 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I am generally terrible at Step of any kind, but I did order them anyway. I'll see how it goes!
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 05:23 PM  
buffmama

Anyone interested in just the step workout and splitting a preorder? I'm interested in PHA and Imax 4.
Old 06-06-19, 10:44 PM  
hypnomoon

Quote:
I was hoping for a FULL set of step workouts since they are my favorite. Oh well, hopefully these will keep me busy.
I think these three ARE a set. What am I missing?

I preordered and always feel relieved when I get that order in. I'm all about the best deal!

Think we'll get these earlier than December since there are just 3 DVDs?
I hope so because I have been wanting new step workouts for quite a few years. Cathe's always make me happy and I love the challenge they give me.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe step boss, imax 4, peripheral heart action, pha step, step boss, step without a step, stepsync