Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-19, 07:36 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
That is me! I am also a morning person, and if I do not get a workout done early in the day I likely will not get it done at all.
Me!
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 07:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
I get up at 5:30 and workout for approx 60 minutes M-F. If I have more time I'll do a little longer workout. I have exercised early in the morning for so long now that my body craves it and I'm wide awake after I get up.
Me, too.... in fact, there was a time when I was injured and couldn't work out where I felt like there was almost no point in taking a shower in the mornings because I hadn't gotten sweaty!

I typically do an hour in the mornings but if I'm pressed for time or tired I'll do less. I'm another who always thought I'd do a second workout once I was retired but I'm retired and that doesn't happen, well.... except for walks with my friends and once a week live yoga. But I don't go back into my workout room to do a second dvd after I'm done in the mornings.
Old 10-05-19, 07:26 AM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I work out usually 45 minutes to an hour all at one time. I tend to sweat a lot while working out and I don't want to take 2 showers in a day after exercising.
This is me, too! I'll also combine a couple of short workouts or do a slightly longer workout if I have time. If I do happen to do a second workout, it is probably a gentle stretch or relaxing yoga.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 09:49 AM  
Cowgirl32

It really depends on the day. I am not a morning person. At all. I have tried getting up before work to get even a 1/2 workout in. Guess what normally happens? I stumble through it tired and blah, meaning I wasted a perfectly good 1/2 hour of beauty sleep.

So, I will sometimes get in 1/2 hour at lunch; 1/2 hour after work. Most days- I hit the workout right after work- I have the most energy.
Old 10-05-19, 05:13 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
That is me! I am also a morning person, and if I do not get a workout done early in the day I likely will not get it done at all.
Me also! My workouts are usually one long session averaging 90 minutes. Sometimes it's a single workout but more often it is two or more, one right after the other. I think it is a great way to start the day, but I know morning workouts are not for everyone!
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-19, 08:34 PM  
Theeearn

I work out anytime the baby is asleep. Sometimes for an hour and a half ( lucky days) all at once, or I will do ten minutes at a time until I finish my workout. I try to do at 30 minute of something a day and walk my dog. On the weekends, it is more difficult to get my workout in. My husband is home on weekends, he was an elite athlete and he thinks I should work out in a gym. Oh well, that’s a whole other thread.
Theeearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 04:23 PM  
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theeearn View Post
I work out anytime the baby is asleep. Sometimes for an hour and a half ( lucky days) all at once, or I will do ten minutes at a time until I finish my workout. I try to do at 30 minute of something a day and walk my dog. On the weekends, it is more difficult to get my workout in. My husband is home on weekends, he was an elite athlete and he thinks I should work out in a gym. Oh well, that’s a whole other thread.
You're lucky your husband supports you working out. Mine wants to see the results but does not like it when I workout.
a little a time is better than none at all.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 06:24 PM  
marki64

I do 40 min.- 1 hour. I have a hard time working out early morning. I get up at 5 a.m. as I am an early morning riser, but exercise too early and I feel sick. So I work out after work. Dinner is usually at about 7. But I have a husband who supports and encourages me to workout. No one minds and my daughter works out after work too. Then we walk the dog, so a little more exercise. We have a hilly walk too. So we burn a few more calories.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 06:38 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I often put in 2 or more hours if activity if I go for a long walk. I tend to do cardio, weights, & toning based workouts earlier in the day and yoga later. Yoga leaves me feeling relaxed & stretched out at the end of the day.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 07:31 PM  
bubbles76

One fell swoop, early in the morning. I am not a morning person. Working out makes me sleepy if I work out hard enough . I wish when I worked out that I could feel alive and refreshed and ready to face the day. If I wait until later in the day, it doesn't usually get done.

Luckily, I've been on break, and have been doing Slim Series. Long workouts (60+ minutes) plus a long stretch. I've been sleeping so good, because I've been able to work out at night.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
long workouts, short workouts, workout length