Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-21, 08:16 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I'm so sorry you are hurting. I'm glad you are able to vent here. Grief is so isolating, isn't it.
As s fellow widow, I found it is so disorienting seeing other people move on with their lives when your own life has been ripped away without warning. People do grieve in their own ways, but true colors are also revealed. (In my case what was really important to people and it seems to be money .)
Hang in there!
I am so sorry...I had no idea you had lost your husband.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 08:20 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply and offer support. I appreciate it so very much.

I really should not be surprised by Frank's cousin. My mother in law reminded me yesterday that his cousin also skipped out on my MIL's brother's funeral. I had forgotten about that. We were all there for her when her parents passed, but she can't seem to do the same. Since she travels and performs with a band in a bar and is not vaccinated, it is better if she does not come.

As far as my friend, I did write her this morning to express my feelings. I had to get them out. If this ends a friendship I have had since 1986, so be it. I have no time to deal with selfishness like that. I am fortunate to have many other people who have been incredibly supportive.

Old 08-09-21, 08:31 AM  
TinaT

It's really amazing what social media has done to human contact. My FIL passed a few years back. He was a teacher in the same district for almost 40 years. The out pour on FB was over the top, so we planned for a 300+ funeral. We might of had 100 people and ONLY ONE person from the school district.

We were beyond floored at the lack of support the family received that day from the district. So very sad. Giving time to others is becoming a thing of the past.

Sherry, I'm so sorry you've gone through this with close friends and family. I pray your days ahead of your are blessed beyond measure.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 09:48 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Unhappy

I am not proud to be a human. They fail short for everyone. We don't expect it but we should. they do the same thing for weddings. say they are coming and they don't..

Sorry for your loss and all the stinking people you know and now know more.

I've had this happen in more than one life celebration. It's a deep deep wound that will never pass. Time will but the crack, the separation will still be there.

Even Elephants come and mourn the loss of one of the pack.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 12:31 PM  
Scorpio6

Sherry, it seems people's true colors are coming out more and more at this time. It will be interesting to hear what happens with your friend, but it sounds like she had a "come to Jesus" moment coming to her. Congratulations on standing up for yourself and expressing your feelings to her!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 01:02 PM  
Izzy

I am not a fan of social media and recently someone put a kink in my life using social media which really bothered me.

And one of the reasons I don't care for social media is how it has replaced so many ways to show kindness, empathy, sorrow, happiness, joy, and life moments. I recently sent a card to a friend who moved away after she contacted me about her recent health issues. She said my card brought her so much hope and joy. I am not saying social media exchanges are not sincere and do not show kindness. But it seems so shallow to me. Little thought is given to that quick response and then moving on to the next post. Unfortunately I think this how people respond today. It just makes me feel sad that so little effort is given to show an act of empathy, love, support and so on.

Sherry, I can only hope that those who do come to your husbands service will bring you the comfort you need.
Old 08-09-21, 09:37 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am so sorry...I had no idea you had lost your husband.
Thank you. It was a car crash 6 years ago.

I have a wonderful new husband I married in May of this year.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-21, 07:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Thank you. It was a car crash 6 years ago.

I have a wonderful new husband I married in May of this year.
My heartfelt condolences...
but also congratulations edensmom.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-21, 08:37 AM  
Gams

I am so sorry for your loss, edensmom.

Sherry, I’m curious as to how your friend and Frank’s cousin behaved just after Frank died. Did they reach out to you at all?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-21, 09:07 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I am so sorry for your loss, edensmom.

Sherry, I’m curious as to how your friend and Frank’s cousin behaved just after Frank died. Did they reach out to you at all?
I did receive a very sincere apology from my friend last night.

Both did reach out at the time, yes.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, grief