Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-29-13, 05:09 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Does the step have a rubber bottom to prevent it from scooting across my wood floor?

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-13, 05:11 PM  
soccergal23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
Does the step have a rubber bottom to prevent it from scooting across my wood floor?
The step does have rubber stoppers on the bottom.
Old 11-29-13, 05:31 PM  
soccergal23

Super Cardio Dance Party - Brief review

I tried out Super Cardio Dance Party this afternoon. Love it!

I have no dance background at all, so I can't give an exact breakdown of each segment. If the instructors mentioned the type of dance moves that they focus on, I do list it below. I mostly just have the name of the segment / song, though.

* Can choose English or Spanish
* Option to learn the moves first - skipped this
* Option to have verbal cues on / off
* Approximately 55 minutes long
* Each of the segments is about 5 minutes long, although some are shorter
* Alternately led by Kass, Steve, Ricardo. Back-up cast are Alicia, Taina.
* The number of cardio bursts in each segment varies.
* Does not use the step.

Segment Info:
* In Da Party warm-up. Step touch, V-steps with various arm movements, various side steps / arm movements, mambo + cha cha moves, side lunges
* Zumba Loco. Back steps, knees up & open, chest pumps. Cardio burst with knee up and both arms up. Back leg digs. Cardio burst on other side. Back lunges, etc. Another cardio burst.
* La Morena – merengue focus. V-steps. Some moves here super fast.
* Dancing Salsa – salsa focus with various moves. Fun “piano” moves.
* Give it up. Fun arm combinations
* Mi Vecina
* Taki Country – Indian “fusion” moves. This was one of my favorite segments.
* Elle Me Copia – “fusion”.
* Vem Vem.
* Crazy Love. Merengue moves
* Bouje
* Bangalore Dreaming. Super fun like Taci Country segment.
* Quemando Bota
* A heart that’s full of love - cool down.

Fitbit Info:
* Registered 50 'very active' minutes
* Burned 400 calories

Overall Impressions:
* This was a ton of fun - definitely my favorite Zumba dvd so far. I have the ones that came out approx. 2002 and then Exhilarate Body Shaping System.
* At some points the pace seemed very frenetic. At the start, I was thinking there was no way in heck I could keep up! But it became easier & definitely gave me an awesome cardio workout.
* At first I worried about the voice over style (cues added in after recorded) since I couldn't master that with Exhilarate. However, they break down the moves enough that it wasn't a problem.
* The moves were broken down in such a way that there weren't any that I didn't feel I could do.
* The cardio bursts are usually about 30 seconds - there was some jumping with them that I had to modify because of bad knees, but this wasn't a problem.
* The cast members are all clearly having a blast. Very motivating & encouraging.
* The Zumba Incredible Results symbol popped up between each segment. At first this annoyed me, but then as I was getting more winded, I really appreciated them so I could take a mini break
* Signal to indicate cardio bursts are coming is the lead instructor doing 'muscle arms'. I really liked this because when I got Cindy Whitmarsh's dvds a couple weeks ago, there was a really annoying clicking sound.
* This probably goes without saying, but the music is awesome

Edited to Add: YouTube has a lot of the music samples for anyone who is interested. Just type in "Zumba Music", hyphen, and then the song/segment name.

Last edited by soccergal23; 11-29-13 at 05:42 PM.
soccergal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-13, 05:36 PM  
shoegoddess

CRAP!!!! I want this!!!!

Please post your thoughts on the step workout soon

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-13, 05:36 PM  
soccergal23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I love Zumba as well!! And this looks like so much fun! I'm just wondering if there is just one workout that use the step? I also would like to know what size is the step. Not like I'm going to buy it now, I'm just curious!
It looks like only one workout, Zumba Step, uses the step. So, that's kind of a bummer. I'm thinking you could probably add the step in for some of the moves from the Super Cardio Dance Party workout based on doing that one today, just to up the intensity. I'm way too uncoordinated to do that, though
Old 11-29-13, 05:47 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukilisa View Post
Bzar, is the music like what you get in a live Zumba class (artists like Pitbull, Lil Jon, Yankee Daddy, Latin and Carribbean stars, etc.)? Or is it more generic like on Exhilarate?
hi - my comment was based on the clips. i don't have this new step series yet. the clip seems like the Exhilarate music, though.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-13, 09:12 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccergal23 View Post
It looks like only one workout, Zumba Step, uses the step. So, that's kind of a bummer. I'm thinking you could probably add the step in for some of the moves from the Super Cardio Dance Party workout based on doing that one today, just to up the intensity. I'm way too uncoordinated to do that, though
Hi, thanks for your answer, and great review!! It was pretty helpfull.

But, I think they should have included the step in every workout at least in some or few segments, so the step would get most of use with these new workouts (just my opinion though).

Enjoy your new system, Zumba workouts are sooo much fun!! And please keep posting reviews!! I'm interested on hearing about the other workouts on this set!

TIA

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-13, 10:20 AM  
soccergal23

Step (Rizer) workout

Morning! I did the step (rizer as they call it) workout this morning. I'll do a more detailed review later tonight. In the meantime... It was a lot of fun It was about 45 minutes long. The music was great & the moves definitely Zumba-style, which was cool! Didn't have any real issues keeping up, even with two left feet. I've never really clicked with the workouts Beto leads, but did in this one. There was one segment in particular that had 50s/60s style rock music & moves - had a blast with that one!

The step is low enough (about 3.5 inches) that it didn't bug my knees, which was wonderful. I felt like I got an intense but fun workout.

Will do details later.

Have a great Saturday
Old 11-30-13, 11:13 AM  
anetta

The workouts look like they move fast, but the first thing I thought of was using the step for the Tortoise and Hare and Ballroom Aerobics.

Maybe the price will go down after the system has been out for awhile, then I would be tempted to buy it for the step

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-13, 12:27 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
The workouts look like they move fast, but the first thing I thought of was using the step for the Tortoise and Hare and Ballroom Aerobics.

Maybe the price will go down after the system has been out for awhile, then I would be tempted to buy it for the step

Anita
The price will definitely go down but usually after a year or so. I suckered myself into buying Exhilerate when it first came out at over $100. I will never do that again!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
step, zumba, zumba incredible results, zumba step