Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-19, 12:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Anyone still do Horizontal Conditioning?

At Mary's sale, I picked up the Horizontal Conditioning DVDs she had listed because I remember hearing great things about them over the years. I never was interested before due to various injuries or other reasons.

Well, I did Volume 2 a couple days ago...and my lower abs are still sore in that very hard to target area, so I'm impressed! Now I'm trying to figure out how to add these into my routine though I'm honestly afraid to try the next two volumes until I master this one. It was hard!

Does anyone still use these workouts, and if so, how?

I'm suffering from TMWNET, too many workouts, not enough time!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 08:23 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

No. The only ones I've been able to tolerate are volumes 1 and 2, and I haven't done either in a long time. The other volumes and her hard core series are way too hard for me and have a serious dread factor. I remember one of them had a long warm-up and I was so spent, I couldn't even start the real workout portion. I like volume 2 b/c I think it's the shortest one and I feel somewhat accomplished being able to do the drag yourself with sliders move. Volume 1 has a lot of push-ups, from what I remember, but also some nice leg work.

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 08:36 AM  
Hsim

I have the same problem that you do. I bought volume 1 awhile back and found that I could not come close to completing it.
So I made up my mind that once a month I would do a very hard workout and Hoco comes up frequently. And if it's not Hoco it is usually another ab workout.
I have found that I still can't complete the whole thing but I am getting better. Last time I did over 30 minutes. So practice is the way to go.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 12:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

My only choices for purchase were volumes 2, 3, and 4....I'm really curious what volume 1 is! And my antivirus won't let me go to Sandra's website for some reason....are there more volumes for sale? Is she still teaching?
Old 12-09-19, 09:17 AM  
Verine
VF Supporter

If I recall, she moved all her workout sales to this website:

https://gumroad.com/horizontal

I had purchased one workout, but never did it so I can't give any input. I think once you purchase, you can only stream the workout and not download it, too. That's a negative for me.
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 11:47 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verine View Post
If I recall, she moved all her workout sales to this website:

https://gumroad.com/horizontal

I had purchased one workout, but never did it so I can't give any input. I think once you purchase, you can only stream the workout and not download it, too. That's a negative for me.
Thank you so much for this! Yep, it looks like the only option is downloads now, which is also a huge negative for me. I bookmarked this anyway in case I change my mind. I don't need any more workouts right now anyway!
Old 12-10-19, 08:26 AM  
SandyT

I also found Horizontal Conditioning to be veeeeeeery effective but with somewhat of a dread factor. So I use it as an add-on for days when my main workout is shorter. She uses the same pattern on all of the workouts that I have tried:
horizontal
legs or cardio
horizontal
legs or cardio
etc.

So I just do one block as an add-on periodically. Usually 10-15 minutes. That eliminates the dread factor I keep a sticky note on the dvd with the counter value of where I stopped so that I can start at that position the next time. I work through her dvd's much more often this way than if I tried to always do the complete workout in one sitting.

I also (as mentioned above) try to do a longer session once or twice a month.

I am 56 and my core feels more sturdy than ever in my life. HoCo has made a huge difference.
SandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 01:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyT View Post
I also found Horizontal Conditioning to be veeeeeeery effective but with somewhat of a dread factor. So I use it as an add-on for days when my main workout is shorter. She uses the same pattern on all of the workouts that I have tried:
horizontal
legs or cardio
horizontal
legs or cardio
etc.

So I just do one block as an add-on periodically. Usually 10-15 minutes. That eliminates the dread factor I keep a sticky note on the dvd with the counter value of where I stopped so that I can start at that position the next time. I work through her dvd's much more often this way than if I tried to always do the complete workout in one sitting.

I also (as mentioned above) try to do a longer session once or twice a month.

I am 56 and my core feels more sturdy than ever in my life. HoCo has made a huge difference.
This is a great idea! I did Volume 2 again the other day and am happy to report I wasn't nearly as sore as the first time. I might stick to doing that workout once a week for a bit until I feel less afraid to move on to her other volumes. If the others are too daunting still, I might try your suggestion instead to lessen the dread factor but still use these!
Old 12-10-19, 01:20 PM  
lavna

I stopped doing them because I found the workouts have too many push ups (I hate push ups!!!) and the side planks were hard on my ankles. But I agree that HC is great for the abs!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 01:35 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, that's a brilliant idea, SandyT -- I'm going to see if I can steal it.

Tags
hoco, hoconuts, horizontal conditioning