Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-19, 10:41 PM  
Helen

Every day in, oh yes, it's arrived.... DECEMBEEEEERRRRRR!!!

Welcome to the 'Every Day in DECEMBER' checkin!

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU - even if it's a modest walk due to injury. (still needing to add that bit but less-so )

Daily posts - not manditory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen

So... if you're checkin-hunting to keep you motivated and accountable and GET A HEAD START ON 2020, then being expected to do something EVERY DAY may be the consistency push you need.
NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

** Movement keeps you warm without burning fossil fuels. **

• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 12:38 AM  
Helen

Business
Sun 1-Dec
Steve Boyett - Podrunner - El Camino 130bpm, 67min dog walk on repurposed railway line.
Travis Eliot - Ultimate Yogi - Flexibility 72min
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 05:20 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thank you for your awesome intro for December!

My goal is to be more consistent posting this month! Since it is 5AM here, no workout yet. We had our family Thanksgiving yesterday, so no workout. The grandkids spent the night, and yes, Sawyer is 7, and will turn 8 in a week!

The basement has not been an emotional thing, even with tossing things that I acquired from my parent's house. I have been able to look at things with a better perspective this time around. The painting is something I've wanted to do for a year now, so I am thrilled to be doing it and loving the results. It is a lot of work, and my hand has been hurting from all of the brushing and rolling. I am also planning on rearranging my area a little bit. I took before pictures and will take after photos, too.

I hope to check back later with a workout.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 08:56 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

December? Here I come

How quickly the months tick away. Crazy, isn't it?

Helen: Thanks for getting us started and so good to see you! I (without a doubt) DO get my money's worth out of exercise equipment, provided I enjoy it. Yep. Peloton fits that bill!

Lili: I too am going to try and be more consistent through December. Yes. I get plenty of workouts in and yes I feel double (and triple) sessions do count and allow me extra days off. . . but I want to fill in with SOMETHING. Be it meditation, a stretch, a little bouncing or whatever. I need to make/keep it a daily habit. I had 7 rest days in November. That's a lot .....

Ok, I'll be back later to check in with today's workout when it's done. i'm going back to November to complete it.

That's it for now.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 09:02 AM  
mena

Sun 12/1 - The Firm - Firm Basics Fat Burning

I'm giving up the Jessica Smith rotation. I like the workouts each on their own but putting them together day after day started to feel a little boring to me. So it's back to trying to randomly pick something each day.

Helen - Thanks for starting us off. Of course, I love the cat . His little ears flopping as he hits the ground is too cute.

I noticed that you pulled out the whip at the end. We all better fall in line or else . You're ready to deal with slackers !!

Cleda - I beat you by one--I had 8 rest days in November . Not good.

Lili - I'm glad to hear the basement is going well.

Waves to Kay, Pam and anyone else.
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 09:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Nov 30:
~3 km walk
~Jessica’s 6 Week WS: Lower Body Sculpt - another good glute focused workout
~Headstand & chi-toe sit - need both of these daily!
~Gaia: AMY4YW Hip Openers - A perennial fave! Trying to use my Gaia subscription more as it ends in Jan & I’m not renewing.

Dec 1:
~Essentrics Rebalance & Reboot: Full Body Stretch
~3 km walk - It was trying to snow, but thankfully it wasn’t quite cold enough!
~Jessica’s Feel Good Fusion: Fusion Strength - This was nice, a little on the gentler side, but lots of nice balance work. It was a bit longer than I’d like at 45 min.
~Headstand, posture focused upper back acupressure, & 2 min toe sit
~MFML: Evening Based Floor Flow

Love your December intro Helen, a nice contrast between the north & south hemispheres! I can’t remember if I mentioned that we spent Jan & Feb of this year in Townsville Australia. It was great until that massive monsoon set in and almost washed us away! Actually we quite enjoyed it, had a house with a pool in the backyard. We exchanged houses with a Canadian family who live in Townsville & wanted their kids to experience winter. So we escaped an unusually snowy winter and they got what they wanted....in spades, lol! We often don’t get any snow, so fingers crossed we don’t get a repeat this winter!

Mena - I hear you, I’m all about mixing it up.

Lili - Your basement sounds like it’s shaping up nicely!

Cleda - Good luck finding a fill in. Have you scoured youtube? There a lot of yoga, meditation, athletic stretching....lots of options to experiment with. I haven’t been using my rebounder as I felt it was irritating a PF flare up I’m battling, but I’ve enjoyed freestyle bouncing while I watch something on Netflix.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 08:27 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

December it is ...

Mena: I challenge you to an every day in December. Maybe that way I can stick to something!!!

Pam:
Yep! Tons of fill ins. I have many (many) dvds, lots of You Tube bookmarked, and then there's all the variety on Peloton to boot. (lots and lots of choices). So, I should be able to fill in around the bike. We'll see. Headstands? WOW I'm dizzy just thinking about it. Interesting how you swapped for a couple of months.

Ok, on to me ....

12/1/2019: 45 Minute power Zone MAX workout with Matt. (oy ... and Max it was ....). followed up with a 30 minute ColdPlay Theme ride with a new (to me) instructor, Emma. She was very good and I loved it. I didn't realize how much I enjoy ColdPlay music. I knew EVERY song (with the exception of the first one). Go figure. I think this ranks right up there with the Billy Joel Theme ride. and of course, a 5 minute stretch afterwards.

I think this Max ride was the worst of the whole challenge both past and future. (Thank goodness). But it is now behind me and I didn't die. LOL ....

Week 6 ... underway.

Make it a great day! Off to the bike.
Cleda
Old 12-02-19, 10:05 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just a test

This is the graph from my MAX ride.
If it doesn't work, I'll delete this post.
I love my graphs .... they are usually not this spikey ... Usually more like an even keel in zones 2 & 3 ... But one must have variety to get better!
This is why the challenges are good for me. Trust me - given my druthers? I would NEVER do a MAX ride ... oy ... (But proud that I did!)

Cleda
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	4661  
Old 12-02-19, 10:06 AM  
mena

Mon 12/2 - Jessica Smith - YouTube Walk and Talk: What does a healthy lifestyle look like?. I've wanted to try one of these walk and talks that she does and now I finally did. I liked it. The time flew by. I also added on Cathe's Lite 6 Pack Abs #2 and Extended Stretch #2.

Cleda - You're on!! Let's try for every day! I think I've only been able to do every day one month this whole year (back in September).

Pam - I have Jessica's Feel Good Fusion too. I love that balcony she is on in that one.

A two month vacation to Australia sounds wonderful, but I have to admit that I'm a terrible traveler. I would love to go to more places if we lived in Star Trek times, and I could just get "beamed" there and then come back to sleep in my own bed each night.

Let's all finish 2019 consistent and strong !
Old 12-02-19, 10:09 AM  
mena

Cleda - We posted at the same time. It looks like your graph posted just fine--I could see it. Interesting.