Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-19, 07:25 PM  
fanofladyvols

Since I last posted took rest days and today was Firm Hi def sculpt. Super fun and lots of stretches in between exercises. I do have to do some freestyling bc I don't like all that shoulder work so do hammer curls and reverse lunges or just sumo squats for some moves. But I do really enjoy this workout. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Hi all,
We do have a pilates studio here in town that is run by a Physical Therapist. I'm thinking about saving up the $$ and going to see her (I'm sure she will be out of network for me). She will design a program for you, based on your limitations.

That's all - we are in for wild weather the next couple of days - winds to 70 mph today and snow/ice tomorrow night. Luckily we are leaving in the morning tomorrow and driving to a warmer spot. Hopefully by the time we head back, things will have cleared up here.
Carol
Carol that sounds like a good reason to save some money. I personally would like to do that myself. Yipes on the weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in WA View Post
I'm not that into resistance bands but today's workout felt pretty good.
Brenda I am ambivalent about bands too. Some workouts they're great! Then other workouts it feels too harsh on my joints. More often I don't like...but I keep trying more workouts using them anyway. Enjoy your visit with your mom :-)

Cheryl I took advice from these checkin buddies about getting a thicker mat for my pilates and it has made all the difference in my practice! I also use balance pods for floor work to make it easier on my wrists.

Christine sorry you're in a funk. The fact that you keep walking is good!

Donna, I will pray for you to get thru your season of life.

Waves to Cheri and Dana!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-19, 08:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Hi ladies,

A quick fly-by post before we hit the road. Tuesday's workouts were

Barre Blend Sample Workout - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Hips & Glutes - Strength & Stretch - 30 minutes;
30 Days to Better Posture - Day 2

The Barre Blend sample workout is from Beachbody's new barre program that is coming out next year. It had lovely production values, but was that "frantic" style of barre that is not my favorite. I think I'm safe.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve - I'll be back on Friday.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-19, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did:

Blessful Body - Intro to HIIPY (High Intensity Interval Pilates & Yoga)
Blessful Body - HIIP Flow
Blessful Body - Lower Body Balance

The HIIPY workouts are not too bad - they aren't killer hard or anything. And the Lower Body was a bit of a misnomer, there was some lower body in there, but it was full body, too.

I did enjoy these - and I do like Ky and her site. She sort of reminds me of Ellen B in that she is very holistic like Ellen.

Thank you Linda for your thoughts about my season of life!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I saw that Gone Adventuring Pilates is offering a sale, I really like the look of the workouts I saw on You Tube, beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much I would use them....

I think for streaming subscription sales, I will probably go with Faithful Workouts.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

P.S. Have a safe trip, Carol!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-19, 10:40 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just finished Leslie's 3 Miracle Miles - 45m. She's by herself on this DVD. I had one of those morning where I knew I wanted to move, but didn't want to do anything more complicated than to put one foot in front of the other. Leslie is good for days like this. Hopefully, I'll do something else later. I'm pretty sure I'll have the time since I'm all ready for Thanksgiving - my favorite holiday!

Now, I'm drinking coffee and looking over the sales. I'm not much of a shopper but I like to look at the deals.

Waves to all!
Old 11-27-19, 11:50 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I had a great time on my reformer.. I videod what I did so I can watch it later and see where I need to make adjustments..

I did a new workout with JG and the regular purple pilates workout.

It really feels good in my body and soul. I can concentrate, meditate and smile doing exercise..

Group hug to all of you and be safe going to your destinations to be with loved ones.

don't eat anything that you will regret on Friday!!!!

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-19, 12:17 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Shaped by Faith: 20 minute mat

I forced myself to do a workout, but am glad I did it. My shop gets really busy this time of year and I've been painting a lot, which always hurts my neck and back, so Pilates and stretching felt good!

Cheryl, hugs and safe travels to you, too! I'll be at my brother's house. It's nice to not have the pressure of cooking this year.

Dana, I like to look too, though I also rarely buy anything.

Donna, I couldn't resist signing up for a free trial just to see what the Gone Adventuring workouts were like. I was interested in the reformer ones. The workouts look mostly too advanced for me, and most of the reformer workouts were 60 minutes, or more! Needless to say, I won't be signing up. Her price is reasonable though. It looks like it's normally $14/mo, on sale for $11.

Linda, thank you! I can always count on my walks.

Carol, safe trip!

I hope everyone has a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-19, 10:09 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

I'm catching the boys' cold just in time for a family Thanksgiving tomorrow. Sigh. So my workouts look like rest for the next few days.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-19, 10:19 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I had a great time on my reformer.. I videod what I did so I can watch it later and see where I need to make adjustments..

don't eat anything that you will regret on Friday!!!!
Hi Cheryl, I also have a reformer - the Aeropilates that I purchased early last year (I think). I used it about 2-3 x per week the first few months then for some reason I stopped and haven't used it since. I'm glad you're enjoying your reformer. I tried several of John Garey YT workouts and liked them too and when I subscribed to PBL, I used her reformer workouts too. Good for you for recording your own workouts to see how you can improve on your form. I wouldn't have the guts to do it. Too clumsy for that.

As far as your last comment about not eating anything I would regret on Friday: I will eat EVERYTHING that I want to eat but I can promise that I won't regret anything. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I am not watching my diet that day!
Old 11-28-19, 08:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today's workouts:

Ellen - Walk Refresh
Ellen - Sleek Side Body
CS 1104

very nice gentle combo. I am thinking I need to do more CS - my body is so tight and compressed - and it feels good to do her big range of motion stretching movements.

Christine - I'm sorry I know I asked before - but did you buy the Shaped by Faith DVDs? I see there are some on Amazon.

Brenda - I'm sorry you are sick - there is a nasty cold/cough virus going around!

Dana - I would like a reformer, but no room, unfortunately. We have a TM that my DH wanted and doesn't use very often - except right before or right after he has a medical appointment - right before in the hopes of losing weight fast and right after b/c the dr read him the riot act....unfortunately, he peters out after a week or two, but hope springs eternal. Actually, seeing my parents deterioration really makes me worry about what I will face w/ my DH who doesn't take great care of himself.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-19, 08:58 AM  
furmomof6

Happy Thanksgiving!

DH and I went for a nice, invigorating walk. It was cold and windy out, lol.
Editing to add: Shaped by Faith: Gentle Morning Pilates

Donna, I did buy the DVDs! Theresa is actually having a 20% off sale on her website now through Cyber Monday if you're interested. I'll post the link. The Pilates one is about 28 minutes and pretty fast paced with a voice-over. The total body is 55 minutes, but can be done in segments: lower body, upper body & core. I haven't tried the stability ball one yet.

https://www.shapedbyfaith.com/product-category/media/

Brenda, I'm so sorry you caught the kids' colds! Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Have a great day, everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote