Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-02-19, 07:28 PM  
Helen

Every Day in November!! Come out Lurkers- we KNOW you're there! ;)

Welcome to the 'Every Day in NOVEMBER' checkin!
USA: Loved the movement in the falling leaves
Newcastle: Nov = Supercar race. That image is just a short walk.

We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU - even if it's a modest walk due to injury. (feeling the need lately to add that bit)

Daily posts - not manditory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen

So... if you're checkin-hunting to keep you motivated and accountable, being expected to do something EVERY DAY may be the consistency push you need.
NEWCOMERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

** Movement keeps you warm without burning fossil fuels. **

Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 08:03 PM  
Helen

Sooo.....

Friday the 1st = slow day, only 8k steps.
Saturday the 2nd
Cathe - Body Blast - Kick, Punch, & Crunch - Blocks & Kicks Mix 51min hard to get a rhythm going using only one arm
CAREFUL Street skate with Bridget ~ an hour
19 584 steps

Happy November!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-02-19, 08:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Helen! Your intro caught my eye, lol! I belong to another check in and have cruised through a few more, but this one has always intrigued me. Love the lady with the whip! I’m definitely into working out every day, so I’d like to join in! I love variety...Essentrics, yoga, low impact cardio, high rep/low weight toning, walking, a little barre & Pilates. Excellent step count BTW , but have you injured your arm?

Nov 1:
~Jessica Smith’s Total Body Balance: Sole Sculpt
~7 km trail & beach walk - with two friends

Nov 2:
~Essentrics Pre-choreographed Workout #10 - standing half
~3 km walk
~MFML: Warm Up, Cool Down - short & sweet yoga practice with hip openers, chest openers, & twists

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 04:34 AM  
Helen

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-03-19, 08:27 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Not as fancy as Helen ...

But my sincerity is equal to that of Helen's:

Welcome Pam!!!

I've seen many of your posts in other threads and we're so happy to have you join us. Helen injured her shoulder awhile back (you can read up more on it in the October check in. . .) Despite her limitations, she keeps moving and grooving!!!! I love reading other people's workouts as it sometimes inspires me to either (deshrink) videos I have or try new stuff. But as you will see, I'm primarily all about my Peloton bike. (the last few months. Before that it was my treadmill, before that the bellicon, you get the idea. It just depends on what my exercise equipment of the months are.)

Helen: Thanks so much for starting us off. Somehow, I feel like I got my own personal line in there (whether we write an essay?) We all know I start out not to say much and well, we all know how THAT goes. hahahahahahahaha. And yes! Your step count is ahhhhmaazzzing. I love the falling leaves pic, but sadly hate that winter comes after it. 'nuff said.

So I am into November and this month I'm doing "Every day in" ... no matter what. I always start out with the best intentions. My body likes ONE day off a week but I can still do EDI ___ and get a stretch or meditation or something in on that day I like to rest. (Usually mid week?) But anyway .... No turds. no herds of turds .... cuz one day leads to another and another and another. Whether it's a one day of rest leads to two, three or working out leads to ... You guys get the idea!

My new challenge started. (Peloton Power Zone training). We are just finishing week 1. I am trying to bank some. Have a work retreat coming up and of course the holidays. Soooo need to have that cushion. I have once again signed up for the 5 rides + Accelerator (Term They are now using for Extra Credit!). After doing the Nintendo Ring Adventure on the Switch (once?!?) I decided i need some variety cuz how can one seem to be sooo out of shape from a video game? Obviously, I need to use other muscles and add some variety. Just because I can ride my bike to nowhere for (literally) hours on end, does NOT mean I am using all muscles.

Ok ... enough of this. I'm thinking Kettlebells will be a nice addition to my Peloton. Short, quick, gets the job done. Will also try to add other things in, but not sure.

11/1/2019: Matt's 45 minute Power Zone ride, + CDE's Pink Theme ride**

11/2/2019: Denis Morton's 45 minute Power Zone endurance ride + RKS Kettlebells workout #1.

I have always enjoyed RKS. Not all of the days mind you, but several of them. It gets the job done in minimal time. So, I decided to dig it out, blow off the dust and get busy with it. adding 10-30 minutes on to my Peloton. Stay tuned and see if I stick with it.

** Pink Theme Ride was absolutely POSITIVELY one of the best rides I've done with Christine to date. (I'm still humming some of the tunes) ...I adore Christine, the music was great, the motivational talk was wonderful and it was just a great dose of what I needed. I have it bookmarked with every intention of doing it again (and again, again) Let's hope it doesn't end up on the cutting room floor when they have a music purge. Not sure it will, since Pink actually endorsed it on her either IG or Facebook page (can't always tell the difference) but she did endorse it. So! there you have it.

I noticed a "Cab Calloway" at the end of the month last month. Not sure if he posted accidentally in the wrong check in or if he's joining our group. If You are here - welcome to you as well. Kinda flew in, posted and off he went. We ALWAYS welcome new members and if you're reading - please post your November workouts.

Gotta run ... the Peloton awaits me.
Make it a great day/week!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 07:14 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Thanks, Helen for starting us once again! I hope your shoulder is soon repaired.

Welcome Pam!

I'm reading. Not doing much besides walking with the dogs. Can't reach into the washer. Can't lift above 10 pounds. Heck even a gallon of milk feels heavy. Mustn't disturb the healing capsules. Bah! So I'm out growing all my pants. Yikes!

Waves to Mena, Lili, Cleda, Susan...& anyone I missed.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 08:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Nov 3:
~Jessica Smith’s 8 Week Walk Strong: Tone & Flow - a lovely high rep/low weight cardio & toning mix with lots of balance work
~Practiced Essentrics standing trademarks sequences & barre work I’ll be teaching on Tues
~headstand practice with my beloved headstand bench
~Movement for Modern Life: Heart Opening Yin

Cleda - A VFer I follow on Instagram has a Pelaton & loves it. It looks very cool & I can see why you love it!

Kay - Sounds like you’re in recovery mode too, hope you & Helen are back to 100% soon!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 02:52 AM  
Helen

Drive-by
Sunday
dog walk ~ an hour, other than that, work-worked.

Monday
Cathe - Fit Split - Boxing Bootcamp | Legs & Glutes - Scrambled Mix 1 (Double Kickbox) 50min

Saw shoulder surgeon today, NO SURGERY REQUIRED!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 11-04-19, 06:15 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

quick Monday Morning check in

Good Morning Ladies! So happy to see some of you posting away ....

Kay: You need to recover. Dog walks are fine. The longer you follow doctor's/surgeon's orders, the sooner you are able to get back to normal activity. Go against orders? prolong and double/triple the time. So enjoy the time of dog walks. Of course you know all that ....

Helen: NO SURGERY?!? Happy dance. That's good news. You also - take your time and heal properly

Pam:
I adored my road bike and cycling in general. Used to do Spinervals all the time. Had an old friend (VF) convince me to purchase the Peloton and I'll not look back. I participate in 8 week Power Zone challenges and they keep me on the straight and narrow. I ride 5 days a week plus an extra credit and throw in fun rides also... So I DEFINITELY get my money's worth out of it. . I've met one of the instructors (the one I have the biggest girl crush on) and Some day who knows? I may go in to the studio in NYC and do a class. One never knows. So yes, my check ins are pretty boring with mostly Peloton.

Waves to Lili, Mena, Susan and anyone I may have missed since I've only had 2 cups of coffee!

Checkin:

11/3/2019: Matt's 45 minute Power Zone , Christine's 15 minute Low Impact
followed by 2 stretches.

Make it a great week. ONWARD!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 08:22 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Welcome Pam!!! It sounds like you enjoy a variety of workouts, which always inspires me to try new things.
Helen - thank you for your brilliant start for the month. Great news that you don't need surgery! Happy dance!!
Kay - Glad the surgery went well, stuff is removed and you are on the road to a full recovery! Take your time, we'll still be here.
Cleda - love your enthusiasm for Peloton! Whatever works!
Waves to Mena and Susan!

11/1 - I decided that I really need to try running again, so I did 1 mile on the treadmill. I followed that with a 10 minute disco dance lesson on YouTube that was really fun! I need to write down the guy's name, but I think he's Australian? There was probably a dog walk, too, but I didn't write it down.
11/2 - dog walk, then various walking throughout the day to get my steps in for Stepbet. We cheered on my DD & DS's GF who did a relay for a half marathon that I did with my kids a few years ago. Then we watched the grandkids the rest of the day.
11/3 - I tried the first workout on Shaun T's Rockin' Body, one of my Goodwill finds, and enjoyed it, despite feeling clunky doing the moves. Then I did another 10 minute Hip Hop dance from YouTube (same instructor as above), followed by a mile with Leslie. Week 4 of Stepbet done!

Part of entertaining the grands took us into my workout area in the basement. They love jumping on the rebounder, but they decided they wanted to try the treadmill. It was pretty funny. All this to say that they made me realize what a wealth of equipment I have that goes unused, including many virgin DVDs. For now I will focus on dust bunnies/virgin DVDs and when the Stepbet ends I hope to jump on the bike again.

I have also designated November as "clean up the basement" month! DH is not thrilled, but it needs to happen. This will force me to go through all of my workout stuff and organize and possibly toss some things.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote