Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-15, 06:53 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Getting to Know You - October 2015 Edition

We used to have these threads once in awhile and I miss them. I think it's fun to get to know VFers in a different way. So, I'll ask the questions below. If you want, feel free to answer any answers you want to share:

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one)

2. What was your first paying job?

3. What is your favorite form of exercise?

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza?

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do?

6. What motivates you to exercise?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 06:54 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

My parents gave me my name because (1) they liked it and (2) it's hard to make a nickname out of.

Cashier at Burger King (high school job)

I like cardio workouts that use weights. And, band workouts.

Sausage and mushrooms

Travel the world, especially to places that I don't have the time for while I'm working. And, I'd hang out places longer to get to know them better.

I feel better when I do. I go to mush, both physically and mentally and somewhat emotionally when I don't exercise.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 07:01 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Double post!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 07:06 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Ooooo! Great thread idea!

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one)My real name (Sabine) is the name of my dad's sister. When I was born there was East and West Germany and she and her family lived in East Germany. I grew up thinking I'd never meet her or my cousins. My VF name is because I'm also half Dutch and I'm female.

2. What was your first paying job? I worked at a coffee house on the UC Davis campus.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? Right now I love a good circuit workout!

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? Everything except anchovies.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Travel!

6. What motivates you to exercise? Exercise is my sanity saver first and foremost. The fact that it also gives me an aesthetic look I'm after is a great bonus.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 07:08 PM  
andtckrtoo

I love reading all of the responses to these threads! Thanks for starting this!

1. Why did you choose your VF name? - Andtcktoo - stands for And Tucker Too - picked it as an email address to get Search and Rescue emails so I didn't miss them. Tucker was my search dog. Kind of after Tippacanoe and Tyler too.

2. What was your first paying job? I worked at Wendy's for two weeks, then got a higher paying job at a grocery store and moved to that.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? Depends on my mood - I love running, cycling, kettlebells, TA ... Just about everything

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? - Like my workouts - everything.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Animal Rescue. I would love to be able to sell my house, move to a more remote location, have acreage and rescue dogs, cats, horses, goats - what ever needs a home.

6. What motivates you to exercise? I think I would implode without exercise. It's my number one stress relief and the main reason I'm relatively sane.
andtckrtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 07:11 PM  
Vantreesta

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one) My VF name is a name I made up for a character I created and I love it so much I wish it was my real name!

2. What was your first paying job? I babysat when I was in jr. high. I was not a fan.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? It kind of depends on my mood and where I am in life. I love most of it!

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? If I can only choose one it's pepperoni but I like most toppings, just no olives or pineapple and I'm not willing to try anchovies.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Hike with hubby and my dogs every day!! I would also finally get a chance to read!

6. What motivates you to exercise? I feel so much better about myself and life overall when I workout.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 07:17 PM  
Candiceena

How fun - love this idea!

1. name: It's a play on my real name, Candice.

2. What was your first paying job? I worked at Anchor Blue, a teen clothing store, when I was in HS.

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? I love AWT stuff and can branch out a little bit. What I do NOT like is barre. I can't get into it. I can do Jessica Smith barre and barre-inspired stuff, but although I tried so hard to love barre, I just couldn't. LOVE LOVE LOVE KCM, Firm, Cathe, Jessica, kickboxing, kettlebells.

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? Hmm. IDK. Not a big pizza person. I used to hate melted cheese though and would always peel all my cheese and toppings off, wipe the marinara off w/ a napkin, and eat only the bread. haha! That was in elementary school.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Blog, take photos of the place I live (olympia, wa), write, read, journal, focus on simplicity and love. and of course, work out. <3

6. What motivates you to exercise? I love "checking off" things so that feels good to check off my workout. I am motivated to see progress, so I started an excel sheet to track my workouts every month & can't wait to have a full year of workouts tracked! Vanity is my least-important reason. I exercise to feel good, and to make sure I age well and don't fall victim to preventable diseases. Exercising also helps me keep my food choices in check by eating stuff that doesn't make me feel run down but rather makes me feel energized.
Old 10-25-15, 07:33 PM  
cherimac

I was the first born and named after my Dad's initials-we both have CEB as our full set of initials. Until I got married.

Kept score for Babe Ruth league baseball games. I was 13 and made $5 a game(in the late 70s).

Barre, Pilates, yoga, fusion styles

Veggie Lovers

Haha, I am a SAHM homeschool mom. I wonder what I would do if I got paid!

It keeps my aches and pains at bay and elevates my mood.

Great idea, Laura. Thanks.
Old 10-25-15, 07:39 PM  
Diana3271

1. Why were you given your name?/Why did you choose your VF name? (choose one) My parents took their middle initials and then chose a girls name they both liked using those initials. VF Name is my name IRL plus a number I can easily remember

2. What was your first paying job? In high school I worked at the Summer lunch program making lunches for the school system to distribute

3. What is your favorite form of exercise? I enjoy kickboxing style workouts

4. What toppings do you like to put on your pizza? I haven't had pizza in many years. My favorite would be a meat lovers, no anchovies.

5. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Travel with my DH to places that he has always wanted to see or places that he has wanted to go hunting.

6. What motivates you to exercise? I used to weigh 400 pounds, so my weight keep me motivated.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 07:43 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

1. My VF name is because I love most animals.

2. My first paying job was setting several neighbors hair on brush rollers on Saturday and going back Sunday morning before church to do their combouts. I was in 6th grade. I got 50 cents per person.

3. My favorite form(s) of exercise are cardio and Pilates.

4. I like pepperoni, ground beef, sausage and onions on pizza.

5. If I had a year off with pay I'd bring home all the animals in the local shelter.

6. If I don't exercise I get cranky and my back hurts. Exercise is my sanity.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, user name