Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-21-15, 07:55 AM  
cmarsh4

My 50lb weight loss journey

In the last few years due to menopause, high stress job, bad eating habits and a worry about my micro preemie grandbaby I had really put on the pounds. I had fallen off the workout wagon and really had let myself go. In January I was at a late Christmas party with other Managers and we talked about our professional as well as personal goals for 2015. I said that in my 50th year I wanted to lose 50lbs. Today my goal became a reality. I started slowly, like just eating a little better and being more consistent with my workouts. I started with JNL Fusion and walking. Along the way I stopped thinking about food as stress relief and started thinking more about nutrition and less about diet. I worked out to feel good and I ate to feel good and workout, so more about fueling my body to be able to workout. After JNL Fusion. I then did 21 Day Fix Extreme and started Shakeology. I learned a lot about portion control. I then did one month of Insanity Max 30 then went to Jillian's Bodyshred. I started running and have finished 5 5K's. I know in the beginning I couldn't even run 1 mile and then my goal was to do the whole 3.1 miles in less than 40 minutes. Now I am trying to get under 30. I started Body Beast about a month ago and even though the weight loss has really slowed down I do see more definition and strength gains. I am definitely not posting this to brag but hopefully to let other people know that just because your in your 40's, 50's or beyond or a lot overweight doesn't mean you cant do something about it. I feel so much better and got off my blood pressure medicine. Looking good in my clothes is motivation but being healthy and happy is the ultimate goal!!!
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 08:02 AM  
bubbles76

I am so happy for you that you have reached your goals! You are an encouragement to so many who are in the same place in life. I especially am happy that you have found a happy place with food and that you have completed five 5Ks. What in inspiration! Run for all of us that can't sweetie. And I hope that grand baby is big and strong
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 08:05 AM  
Demeris

Congratulations!!! You've accomplished something remarkable, and while losing 50 pounds is remarkable, what I believe is your greatest achievement is eating and exercising for your health and not for your vanity.

I hope your micro preemie is thriving (and is overcoming those frightening preemie health issues).
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 08:06 AM  
BunnyHop

How cool! It's so great that you've achieved your goals.

I've managed some weight loss too this year, just as you say, with good choices and exercise.

It is possible.

For me, getting a handle on my sleep was key. Sleep disruptions were sabotaging everything I hoped to achieve, but now it's much better. Whew.
Old 10-21-15, 08:26 AM  
Chomper

That's awesome! Great job!
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 08:28 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Congratulations to you. Your perseverance and discipline with smart planning payed off!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 08:31 AM  
dnna

congratulations on your amazing success! You are doing very advanced very hard workouts.
My son was a tiny ,very sick preemie-32 years ago, They did not have the high tech equipment back then, Finally got him home after 6 months. the first year was hard.He is tall, handsome and finishing his PHD!!
all my best to you.
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 08:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story! It sounds like you made a very intelligent progression on your journey. How is your preemie grandbaby doing?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 09:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Congratulations to you!!! Hard work and discipline can take us far. It can be done over 50, thanks for inspiring others and I hope all is going well with the grandbaby!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 09:06 AM  
SeptemberGirl

Wow! Way to go!!! Thank you for sharing your story because I think what you wrote is very motivating!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
over 50, significant weight loss, success stories