Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-15, 09:15 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Thumbs up KCM: LIFT Olympic Lifting

WOW! I am totally late to the party on this one but just WOW I loved it!! I did this one yesterday and I am feeling some nice DOMS in my whole posterior chain.

I've been on a KCM binge lately after not clicking with her for some reason a few years ago. I was curious about this workout since I had never really lifted this way before. Now I am hooked! Now here comes my next question: are there any more videos out there that feature Olympic style lifting?

As an aside, I just did Workout 1 on her 30 MTF Stepboxing dvd and have found another winner. Fun fun stuff!
Old 10-01-15, 09:52 AM  
Chomper

Yay! I loved it, too. But I didn't do it all that often. I loved the moves, but I think it would get too boring doing it all the time.

I don't have any DVD recs, but I love how Jen Sinkler's Lift Weights Faster workouts use a lot of cleans, push presses, etc. there are a bunch of free ones online. They usually are 10-30 minutes, metabolic and simple enough that I don't have to keep looking at my notebook to know what to do next. I also LOVE complexes and ladders. Here's an example:

http://www.jensinkler.com/down-for-the-count/
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 10:20 AM  
nckfitheart

Thumbs up Kcm: Lift

Lift is the only KCM workout I reach for. Never clicked with other. I do own about 4 more Kcm DVDS. I am not adding at this point unless I click in future.

Love it
nckfitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 10:31 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
.......Now here comes my next question: are there any more videos out there that feature Olympic style lifting? .......

PINK Fitness program is pretty good----not sure where you can get it these days though.

PS----the second review is more helpful LOL

And just to clarify, this NOT the Dr. Phil endorsed program with similar name
Old 10-01-15, 10:38 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
Yay! I loved it, too. But I didn't do it all that often. I loved the moves, but I think it would get too boring doing it all the time.

I don't have any DVD recs, but I love how Jen Sinkler's Lift Weights Faster workouts use a lot of cleans, push presses, etc. there are a bunch of free ones online. They usually are 10-30 minutes, metabolic and simple enough that I don't have to keep looking at my notebook to know what to do next. I also LOVE complexes and ladders. Here's an example:

http://www.jensinkler.com/down-for-the-count/
Aweome! Thanks for the link! I will totally be checking this out.
Old 10-01-15, 10:43 AM  
Taiga

Found some clips for PINK and it looks like Walmart carries this now for a much cheaper price. Totally worth the $50
Old 10-01-15, 10:59 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Found some clips for PINK and it looks like Walmart carries this now for a much cheaper price. Totally worth the $50
Oh wow! This looks fantastic! I just wish you could get the dvds only and not the silly looking barbell, though. I used my barbell with KCM's LIFT set at 31 lbs (my bar is 11 lbs hence the odd number weight). I can't imagine getting too much out of it with a super light weight. Would it be possible to do the actual workouts with my own barbell set at 31 lbs or are the workouts themselves difficult to execute with that weight? Is it necessary to go so light?

It might be worth it just to get the dvds for the $48.89 but I hate having a barbell that I don't want and won't use. I've actually been wanting to get a Troy Lite barbell for awhile now. I think DH would think I'm really nuts if I wind up with 3 barbells... LOL
Old 10-01-15, 11:20 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
Oh wow! This looks fantastic! I just wish you could get the dvds only and not the silly looking barbell, though. I used my barbell with KCM's LIFT set at 31 lbs (my bar is 11 lbs hence the odd number weight). I can't imagine getting too much out of it with a super light weight. Would it be possible to do the actual workouts with my own barbell set at 31 lbs or are the workouts themselves difficult to execute with that weight? Is it necessary to go so light?

It might be worth it just to get the dvds for the $48.89 but I hate having a barbell that I don't want and won't use. I've actually been wanting to get a Troy Lite barbell for awhile now. I think DH would think I'm really nuts if I wind up with 3 barbells... LOL
It's been a few years since I did this rotation but I definitely used my own weights. I remember using my body bars a lot, which range from 18-36 lbs.
Old 10-01-15, 12:21 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

KCM LIFT:Olympic Lifting!

I just recently did this one again last month (after a long time of not doing it.) It's really good, and I enjoyed re-learning from the tutorial about how your elbows have to be positioned so you're not carrying the weight with wrists bent. Such a different workout, too! It feels very empowering! I had always done the Power Sculpting workout from the same DVD.

If there's something else like this, I'd like to find it but I love Kelly! She often does a lot of Power moves with a number of her other workouts, which feel a bit similar to some kettlebell exercises.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 12:31 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I just recently did this one again last month (after a long time of not doing it.) It's really good, and I enjoyed re-learning from the tutorial about how your elbows have to be positioned so you're not carrying the weight with wrists bent. Such a different workout, too! It feels very empowering! I had always done the Power Sculpting workout from the same DVD.

If there's something else like this, I'd like to find it but I love Kelly! She often does a lot of Power moves with a number of her other workouts, which feel a bit similar to some kettlebell exercises.
I agree! I love it because it's so unique in my collection. I don't have anything else like it. I'm so happy I got it!

Also, I emailed Weider about whether it was possible to buy the PINK dvds without the barbell. They emailed back saying this:
Quote:
WGN apologizes to its loyal customers for any confusion they experience
with regard to fitness equipment bearing the Weider trademark. Weider
Health and Fitness sold its equipment business to Icon Health and Fitness
in 1994 and provided Icon with a license to use the trademark Weider on
fitness equipment manufactured, marketed and sold by them
Interesting! They provided a phone number to contact Icon so I think I'm going to call them and ask about just getting the dvds.

Tags
kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer, olympic lifting, weider pink system